PDA

View Full Version : First time at All Star Sports !!

DisneyorBust
12-25-2010, 04:15 PM
DW and I will be staying at the All Star Sports for the first time, March 2011, having never stayed here before we will need some advice from our friends here on I-Cot. We are hoping to stay in the Touchdown building section, (requested a King bed) so what advice, recommendations or suggestions do you have for us?
We're excited about staying here and enjoying a new experience!

cajunmickey
12-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Unlike some on this board, I like the All Star Resorts. We have stayed at sports several times. They are not fancy, but clean. I like the set up of the sports. They are fun to just walk around and see all the characters participating in different sports. Two of those times in touchdown, tennis and surf. Touchdown is a really good building close to everything. You are located between both pools, if that is what you like. I find the top floor is the quietest, if you do not mind stairs. They are not a problem for us. There are only two elevators per building in the middle ( I find stairs are faster).
We do not spend a lot of time at the resort. The rooms have always been a good size for us.The rooms have always been clean, which is all i need.
The food court has a good selection of food. We usually eat quite a few meals there.
Have also stayed at POR and POFQ, as well as Music.
To me it all depends on what you make of a vacation, as to what you get out of it. Remember you are at the Happiest place on earth. Just have fun!:mickey:

MagicalGuest
12-26-2010, 03:25 PM
We also enjoy AS Sports; we've stayed there twice. As the previous poster noted, the rooms are always clean and the food court is OK. Another big plus is that it's always the first stop on the bus line, so you're usually guaranteed a seat to the parks.

I know some people think it's very busy, and I'd have to agree. But we have two sons (11 and 7), so for us no vacation is very laid back. Enjoy your stay!

divinedi
12-26-2010, 11:25 PM
We've stayed at ASSports many times, and we really like it there. It's inexpensive, clean, food court is good, it can be busy, but it can also be quiet, although in March it's probably going to be busy! First on and first off the bus, and if it's really busy, you'll get your own bus. We generally don't spend a lot of time at the resort, so for us, it's a good value. Enjoy!

waymickey
12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
We have stayed there a few times and liked all of our stays except the last. It was pretty run down and the food court had some problems. Also we had the unfortunate experience of teenagers having a fight right outside our room at 2:30 am. A real fight with chairs flying, and outside police having to be called to stop the brawl. I do not believe this is Disney's fault, they can not control everyone. But keep in mind since it is a value resort teens are drawn there and March is spring break time.

WDWCrazyKaren
12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
We stayed a few times, and although we liked it, our family prefers Music. The best part about Sports is that the bus stops there first, before going on to the other two resorts. I liked the pools at Sports better, simply because the music at the main pool at Music is SO bad, and SO loud. Not so much at Sports.

You'll have a great time. Stay on the third floor (much quieter).

ShanPooh
12-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Though we usually stay at All Star Music, we moved to All Star Sports to take advantage of a promotion (the only value available when we were booking).
We were pleasantly surprised by Sports! We stayed all Hoops Hotel, which we found clean and close to the buses. We really liked being able to walk by Surfs Up with the giant surf boards, sand, boardwalk, and shell imprints on the sidewalk.