PDA

View Full Version : Cold but wonderful December Trip

Itchy
12-25-2010, 11:15 AM
My lady friend and I visited the world between the 12th and 17th of this month. Other than being cold ( which was better than the ice and snow we were having at home ) it was great.

We were staying at POP in the 90's section which was a first for me. It was quite there but a little further to walk than I liked.

I did learn one thing at the food court for B-fast, DO NOT go at around 8 to 8:30 and expect to get a table, at least on the inside. We ate outside twice in 30 degree weather. You learn to eat fast.....

I will give a quick run down on the ADR's we had.

Day 1, Captn Jacks I gave another try this trip and was the biggest mistake I made. No NOT go there. The food and service was terrible, and that is an under statement.

Day 2, Ragland Road 3rd time and still great food and service.

Day 3, Teppon Edo, again great food and service

Day 4, Tutto Itallia, Out of this world Italian food, atmosphere, and service. We will do this one again.

Day 5, The Wave, First time there and food and service was excellent. My lady friend and I found it better that Cali Grill and that is saying something. We will do this one again down the road as well. Our server Jimmy was outstanding.

Well thats it, Hoping for another trip in 2011.

Thanks for listening.:mickey:

DisneyorBust
12-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Enjoyed the report! Thanks for the dining reports too, DW and I have an ADR booked for Tutto Italia and can't wait to try it!

RedSoxFan
12-25-2010, 04:20 PM
We were there Dec 11-19 and you're right, it was cold. We ate at Tutto Italia and Ragland Road also. Both were wonderful.

Sunshine1010
12-25-2010, 08:41 PM
I was there 11-21. Cold? I was FREEZING! lol

We had great food at Raglan Road...but our server forgot our drinks, our bread, 1 order and then proceeded to get our check wrong. It was no big deal....every waiter has an 'off' day (I was a waitress for years)...so we didn't think a thing about it. Bigger things to be stressed about. lol

Our best experience for dining this year was Mama Melrose. We had never been there and it was SOOOOOOO much better than what we ever imagined.

I've been to the italian place before...and it's always been VERY good. Did you make it to the new TS pizza place?

Glad you had a good time! We were at POP as well (60's - poolside) and it was nice. We were there for breakfast one day (on the day we left)....one word: scary. The rest of the time, we were there around dinner and it was fine. Favorite food at the food court ----- THE VEGETABLE SOUP. You can get it as a snack item....and I did EVERY night when we got back from the parks since it was soooo cold!

PrettyMinnie
12-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the dining report! I hope you enjoyed yourself! :minnie:

faline
12-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Lots of reports lately include comments about the cold weather! Glad to hear you had a good time despite the chilly temps! I hope next year's trip will be a bit warmer!

forever a child
12-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the report. We were there for the same dates and you are right...it was freezing! :freeze: Glad you had a good time despite the cold!:mickey:

lynnek
12-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the dining reviews. You tried everything we didn't!! I think I'll give yours a try next time---well not Captain Jack's--we were debating that one and Raglan.

KylesMom
12-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip - thanks for sharing! :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: