PDA

View Full Version : Took a Friend on her 1st Trip to Disney - day 3

disneymom2000
12-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Our third day started out cold. We decided to have breakfast at MK Main Street Bakery. A pastry with hot chocolate is so Christmassy to me. We then started with the Jungle Cruise. From there we did POC. It was really nice to be able to walk right onto the rides. Afterwards we walked over to Splash Mountain and BTR but didn't ride due to the cold. I knew we would probably get wet on splash and BTR was too fast for an outside ride. So we decided to walk through FrontierLand and just enjoy looking. We watched the folks on Tom Sawyer Island and watched them board the Liberty Bell. By this time the weather was starting to cooperate and I could take off my jacket. There was no wind today so I was absolutely loving it. Haunted Mansion was the first ride we went on that had "a line". The sign said a 20 min wait but we really only had to be in line about 6-7 min. We could no longer read the headstones because they were blocked by a wall that was erected around the queue entrance. This is one of my favorite rides so I was glad I could take my friend on it. She loved it as well. I wanted a photographer to take our picture for our photo pass with the hearse outside but there was not one available. Do they still do that? Anyway, then we headed to The Hall of Presidents and watched the show. Afterwards we went to the Historical shop and I ordered a coat of arms for my father in law with his family name. We had lunch ressies at Liberty Inn Tavern and arrived on time. The p,ace was packed and we had to wait almost 30 min after our reservation time to be seated. We had a traditional Christmas meal which was wonderful. Then we decided to shop at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. It was super crowded and we spent like an hour in here looking for ornament souvenirs. Then we headed to IASW, grabbed a fastpass for Peter Pan and then went to watch Mickey's Philharmagic. I think this might have been my friend's favorite after Buzz. We decided to look in the little shops before heading back to ride Peter Pan. We then walked back down Main Street and shopped for a couple of hours before heading to the Grand Floridian for an afternoon at the Spa. We each had three treatments at the spa and afterwards ate at Narcoosie's. I was sorry after my meal that I had wasted 2 table services here. The service was excellent by the waiter, but again we had to wait a long time to be seated and the food was not that great. The weather had turned cold again so we decided to head back to the Beach Club and call it a night. By the time we got to our room we weren't so tired anymore so off we went down to Beaches & Cream. 5 different tables were having the Kitchen Sink but we got two Sundaes. Oh - they were so good. We listened to the music and talked over our ice cream. Then headed back upstairs to hit the sack. It turned out to be a great day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the report

faline
12-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Wonderful Magic Kingdom day! The spa sounds heavenly!

I've only seen photopass photographers at the hearse during the Halloween party.

Disney4us2
12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Nice day.:thumbsup:

I loved Beaches and Cream. They have good burgers too. I will have to try the ice cream there.

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Nice time at MK today - and a wonderful treat for both of you with the spa visit.

Nothing like finishing out the day with an ice cream sundae! :thumbsup: