PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis?

PrettyMinnie
12-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone! Last March our family took a cruise to the Bahamas (Nassau and Freeport). While in Nassau I fell in love with the Atlantis resort and would much rather the whole family (our family of 6 and 2 grandparents) stay at Atlantis than do another cruise. I didn't particularly care for being trapped on a boat for 7 days. :( Has anyone ever been? Comments? Basically, what should I know before making the switch from cruise to Atlantis?

NJGIRL
12-23-2010, 07:05 AM
I have been to the Bahamas three different times. IMO just like any other island food is expensive. We got a day room at the Comfort Suites right next door (across the driveway). It is owned by the same company so you can use the Atlantis pools and water park for free. The Comfort Suites are much cheaper so if you don't care about the room too much book there instead.

Joannelet
12-23-2010, 08:54 AM
I loved Atlantis. While the food is expensive they offer a dining plan and it is well worth it. There is so much to do there. I stayed for 6 days and was never bored. It was just my hubby and I.
I think your children will enjoy it. Lots of water slides and areas for them to explore.
Also there is a liquor store across the way from the hotel that you can buy really good wine and then have it in your room.....I remember we bought a bottle of pinot for $13 at the liquor store. The next night we saw it on the menu (same exact wine) in one of the restaurants at Atlantis for $45.
We would do this and have drinks before dinner to save on money (they didn't have the dining plan when we went).
I recently had family go in August and they loved it. It's a lot of fun.

PrettyMinnie
12-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for all the information! I really think our family would enjoy this vacation, I'll see if I can persuade them!

luvdiznee
12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Their Aquarium is great. We enjoyed it a lot. Then a nice gift shop at the end. :marg:

DebK
12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
If you can swing it, stay in the Cove or the Reef sections. They are the newest and nicest.....We had a one bedroom villa in the Reef on the beach and it was beautiful!

finaldynasty
12-24-2010, 04:33 PM
If you can swing it, stay in the Cove or the Reef sections. They are the newest and nicest.....We had a one bedroom villa in the Reef on the beach and it was beautiful!

I know this will sound strange, but do you need a passport to go to the Bahamas? My DW and I are thinking about going summer of 2012, so this is a great topic!

PrettyMinnie
12-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Yes. We all needed passports when we took our cruise last March. Getting passports for a family of 6 is a bit of an ordeal!

finaldynasty
12-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Yes. We all needed passports when we took our cruise last March. Getting passports for a family of 6 is a bit of an ordeal!

Wow! I bet it was. I have a family of 5, but thankfully I am only thinking about my DW and I on this trip.

PrettyMinnie
12-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Have a wonderful time! It's beautiful there!