PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Disney's Wide World of Sports complex?

DisneyorBust
12-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone! I have a WDW question and you are the folks I turn to when I need great info!
We, DW and I are heading to WDW in March for Disney's High School girls softball tournament, DD will be playing. We were informed that the All Star resorts are the only resorts with direct Bus transportation to Disney's Wide World of Sports complex, is this true? And has anyone been there and have some experience to share? (we have reservations for the All Stars )
This is a trip on a tight budget for us, but I really wanted to make it happen for two reasons: DD may not have the opportunity to play here again and it will be DW's birthday while we are there! Have wanted to take her to WDW for her birthday and now it's a reality!

Melanie
12-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi DisneyorBust Dad! :wave:

If that's the info they gave you, it's probably right. I'm thinking it may vary depending on the event. We were there over Thanksgiving for the Old Spice Classic basketball tournament, and the only transportation to WWoS was from Pop Century and Caribbean Beach. I'm guessing those were the official hotels for that event.

We had a car so overall it was fine, but one time when part of the group wanted to stay and part wanted to leave, it was interesting getting back to the Yacht Club where we were staying. We had to take a bus to POP, then a bus to AK, and then our bus back to YC. Took about an hour.

Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Birthdays at Disney are the best! :thumbsup:

faline
12-22-2010, 10:03 AM
I believe you can also get busses from the Carribbean.

wildernesslady
12-22-2010, 05:13 PM
I have been there for special events and bus service has only been available from the host hotels to Wide World of Sports. Sounds like the All Stars are it during your event. The only time we have experienced busing from all resorts is during Marathon weekend and all resorts are participating. Have a great time. We have done dance events there and there is something so special about watching your child do what they love in Disney.

ThanxForNoticin
12-23-2010, 12:48 PM
For many years, they would run a bus from MGM (now Disney) Studios to WWofS. I'm not sure if they still do that or not.

chellbell
12-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I went with one of my friends who had little cousins in a cheerleading comp at Wide World of Sport. The cheerleaders stayed at All Star Sports and I believe, this was almost two years ago now so I don't remember correctly, that buses only ran from there to WWofS because thats where all the cheerleaders stayed. We stayed at Pop so we had to take a bus to a park or downtown Disney then take a bus to that resort and hop on the bus to the complex. So it sounds like its whatever resort is participating in the event. Hope this helps!

CleveRocks
12-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Pop Century and Caribbean Beach Resort ALWAYS have Disney Transport bus service to WWoS. It's standard. They are the closest two resorts to WWoS, which is probably why they were chosen.

DisneyorBust
12-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the information! This trip will be a number of firsts for DW and I: first time staying at a value resort, looks like a lot of fun! First time going to WoS and first time to see our DD playing in a softball tournament at WDW and last but not least, the first time we get to spend DW's birthday at Disney!

Thanks again and ....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!