PDA

View Full Version : Took a Friend on her First trip to Disney - day 2

disneymom2000
12-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Well we woke up super early and got ready for our first full day. We started with the Cape May character buffet. They have removed Chip & Dale but added Donald since my last visit. Food was in abundance as always. Then we grabbed the ferry to the studios. I guess since it was so early not very many people were there. However we headed over to TSM and that was where everyone was literally. The wait time was already at 60 min and the fast pass line was past Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Definitely not worth the wait so this is my third trip since TSM opened and still haven't experienced this. But we did do The Great Movie ride, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and walked around the entire park. It was sooo cold so I bypassed Catastrophe Canyon and my friend isn't into drastic rides so we skipped ToT and RnRC and nothing else started till after 11:00 so we shopped and then headed over to EPCOT. We wanted to do Christmas Around the World so we started at Canada and then shopped in England for a while but the holiday speaker didn't show so we headed to Italy for our lunch at Tutto Italia. What a beautiful restaurant. It was very busy but we got through eating about 5 min before the Italian holiday storyteller. So we settled in to listen but the wind was so bad it kept blowing the storyteller's dress and props. Then we headed over to Germany and had about 15 min to shop and look around before Helga showed up to talk about Germany's customs. We then headed to China and were glad to get inside the shop to warm up a bit before listening to the Monkey King. Had nothing to do with Christmas and was a little disappointed. But when we got to enNorway, Sigrid and Juliessen made up for the disappointment by their little skit and audience participation of Norway's customs. They had everyone laughing. We then did the Mexico custom storytellers which were the "Three Wise Men". It was very interesting. We then went through the Mexican pavilion and then headed over to the Candlelight Processional. We did the 5:00 showing and were freezing by the time it started because the seats were extremely cold and the wind was raging and the temperature had dropped. But we were not going to miss Steven Curtis Chapman recite the Christmas story. It was worth the wait and the discomfort of the weather to hear him. Afterwards we went to the American Pavilion to watch the show and get warm. Apparently everyone had the same idea because it filled up fast. Next we headed back to France to have dinner at Les Chef's de France. Man was the food so good. We wanted to watch Illuminations but it was just too cold so we just went back to our room and crawled under the covers. We were out like lights as soon as we hit the pillows. I was so hoping the next day would be better weather wise.

faline
12-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Brrr!! I've been reading lots of reports of cold weather recently!

Over time, I've only caught a couple of the Santas around the World - sounds like a great way to explore the various countries.

Nice touring!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the report, we loved Steven curtis Chapman as well!

eeyorepoohfan
12-23-2010, 04:56 PM
It sounds like you were there the same time as us! It was so cold! We also really enjoyed Steven Curtis Chapman and were willing to brave wind and cold to hear him!

Disney4us2
12-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a fun day. I love taking the ferry, so relaxing. I guess we passed the cold on to you when we left WDW.

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Brrrrr - I'm sorry that the weather did NOT cooperate with you today. I have read that Steven Curtis Chapman's recital at CP was magnificent, but it certainly sounds like it was an uncomfortable wait. I hope that the weather turns around for you, especially since this is your friend's first visit! :mickey: