PDA

View Full Version : toiletries at hotels? POR?

paddington
12-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Getting ready to pack! Yeah! Was wondering if i need to drag along soap and shampoo or will that be provided? It is sadly true that this is my fIRST time staying IN th3 park. My daughter (12) and i will be at POR for six days.:number1:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-21-2010, 04:33 PM
No need to bring it, it will be provided :)

In fact, we love the Disney shampoo so much, we buy some to bring home with us too :blush:

forever a child
12-21-2010, 09:57 PM
DD and I love POR! Have fun!

paddington
12-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks! Im surprising her for christmas! Any advice or tips for POR?

finaldynasty
12-22-2010, 07:46 AM
I agree with the PP that the we like the mickey soap and shampoo. The only bit of advice I would give you is to take a boat ride of to POFQ and have benoits. We normally went over for breakfast, but the serve them all day. We would then take a boat to DTD for a few hours and hit a park in the afternoon, take a break and go back to a park for EMH.

Have a great trip. I'm sure your DD will love it!

:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks! Im surprising her for christmas! Any advice or tips for POR?

What a great Christmas surprise!

POR tips ... hmmm... the pool is quite good, so if it warm enough, take some time for swimming.

You can also use everything at POFQ, so it can be fun to try the other pool, and take the boat to DTD, it is interesting (you can see the new Treehouses) and a change from the busses.

lindique
12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Another POR gem is Piano Bob Jackson - he plays in the lounge from Wednesday to Saturday night. The show begins at 8:30. It is a fun sing-a-long and is family oriented - don't miss it.

elmjimmlm
12-22-2010, 10:37 AM
POR tips ... hmmm... the pool is quite good, so if it warm enough, take some time for swimming.

Its funny, last week we were there and it got down to around 30 some nights and there were people still swimming...I dont know how they did it but the water felt like bath water...

The food court is very good and the make your own pasta is some of the best at Disney...
Be sure to go to the bar in the main building...There is a piano player there named Bob and he has a very good act that you wont want to miss...He is there most evenings...Very funny...

crltkcagle
12-22-2010, 05:49 PM
I would definelty take advantage of the boat to dtd. POR is such a great laid back resort! Your going to love it!

KennyandKim
12-26-2010, 08:03 PM
We stayed at POR March 2009 and loved it. Our best time was the carriage ride with our girls and the boat ride to DTD to eat at Rain Forest Cafe

WDWCrazyKaren
12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
POR is a nice resort, but remember it is VERY large. Find out right away the closest bus stop to your building. It will save a lot of walking if you are in a building that is far from the main hall. The food court (as in all of the resorts) is notoriously busy from about 8AM-10AM. Try to eat early or you may be standing there waiting for a table to open up!

Take the boat to DTD. It is a lovely way to relax and get there.

The bar is great, great service, good drinks. A good place to just chill out for a while. And your daughter will be totally welcome.

If warm enough, as other posters have said, is really very nice, and the quiet pools are very relaxing for the kids.

With kids, Alligator Bayou is a better area of the resort, whereas the Mansions are very nice for the adults. So many critters around the bayou to watch.