PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier 12/12 Dinning Review

forever a child
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
DD age 16 and I arrived on the 12th and after checking in to CSR we headed over to Epcot to check in for our 7:30 dinner reservations at Le Cellier.

This was our first visit to Le Cellier and our first time using the DDP.

We arrived a little early and we were both excited to try a meal at this restaurant. We had a little wait...about 15 - 20 minutes. While we waited we saw many people being turned away that did not have reservation. We saw one father with 2 children who stated that he had reservations but they could not find him in the system. He did not have his reservation number but after numerous checks they still could not find him. The manager told him they could seat them but it would be about a 30 minute wait, which he agreed to.

We had a pleasant server, a young lady and she was very nice and good at checking back with us through out the evening.

Both DD and I ordered the Mushroom Filet medium rare. :eat: They were great...DD's was a little more rare than mine but we both enjoyed them. DD had the mashed potatoes and I had the au gratin. I thought her's were much better than mine and I did not finish mine. We sampled all three of the breads and decided that the pretzel bread was the best...the server brought us out more. We were stuffed and took home our chocolate cakes. They looked beautiful and were good but a bit too rich to ever complete one piece without having chocolate overload.

Our meal price (before applying the DDP) was $99.41 with tax. I felt it was way overpriced. I have had filet in other fine restaurants and I was sad that there was no fresh vegetables included in the entree.

The filet was excellent and would be the favorite meal for DD from our entire week of dinning.

The staff was all very friendly and we joked with a couple of the young girls on the way out that evening. For the future, I will pay OOP and add some kind of salad or veggie to our meal here.

Thanks for reading!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Sounds wonderful

RedSoxFan
12-21-2010, 10:00 PM
We had 6:30pm ADR on the same night at LeCellier. Had about a 30 minute wait and had a great meal (much better than our last visit). We probably saw you there!!