PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Art of Animation Resort

Strmchsr
12-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Fox News is Orlando has published pictures (not drawings) of what the rooms in the new Art of Animation resort will look like. I assume, since they are still building the resort, that these are mock-ups, but you can see the pics here (http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/121610-Preview-Disney-art-of-Animation-Resort/indexGallery.htm).

PopPhan
12-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Looks like a lot of sharp corners on the headboards of the beds as well as some of the hanging artwork....May have to rethink that with children in the rooms...Other than that, the pics look really promising.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-21-2010, 02:32 PM
They look great! I hope the finished "real" rooms look as good.

ShanPooh
12-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I really, really like all of the details they are putting in with the lamps, headboards, chairs, carpet, etc.
I was feeling really bummed about having to postpone our trip that we were planning on to coincide with the 40th anniversary of Magic Kingdoms opening. That is... until I saw this thread. Yeah, I think we can wait until Art of Animation Resort opens :thumbsup:

Mousemates
12-21-2010, 03:39 PM
looks like fun...still haven't tried out one of the family suites but this looks like reason enough to take the plunge.

PrettyMinnie
12-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Looks perfect for our family! :minnie:

cer
12-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Nice! :thumbsup:

Buttercup
12-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Can anyone confirm something for me? In some of the exterior pictures of the resort, it looks like there are only windows on the outside of the buildings (not the usual hallways and doors on Value/Moderate Resorts). Are these buildings supposed to have interior corridors?

I asked this in another thread a long time ago when the first pictures were released but nobody knew... :confused:

PopPhan
12-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Can anyone confirm something for me? In some of the exterior pictures of the resort, it looks like there are only windows on the outside of the buildings (not the usual hallways and doors on Value/Moderate Resorts). Are these buildings supposed to have interior corridors?

I asked this in another thread a long time ago when the first pictures were released but nobody knew... :confused:

All Value rooms open outward to open balcony style walkways. There are no interior corridors as the rooms butt against each other.

Buttercup
12-23-2010, 11:06 AM
All Value rooms open outward to open balcony style walkways. There are no interior corridors as the rooms butt against each other.
Oh yes, I know that's what normally happens but I was just going off of the drawings of the buildings provided. There were some rumors a while ago that the current (unused) buildings over where this resort is being built were going to be torn down and new ones put up, and I was curious if they were opting for new interior corridors for this particular Value for some reason.

GothMickey
12-23-2010, 03:55 PM

I understand the new buildings will be interior while the existing buildings will remain the way they are. But I could also have heard bad information.

big blue and hairy
01-03-2011, 05:45 PM
If anyone has any "indise info" on this it would be cool.... Here's my theory based on the drawings. While the family suites at the All Stars are side by side, might not the suites at Art of Animation be lengthwise? Instead of being two rooms wide, they'd be two rooms deep. That would explain the lack of outside coridors in the drawing.

:sulley:

LudwigVonDrake
01-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Great stuff!! :mickey:

forever a child
02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
How exciting! Thanks for posting the photos!!!:mickey:

ransam
02-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Man, that looks so cool...i can't wait to stay there...I"d love to be one of the very first guests on opening weekend.

motherhamv
11-17-2011, 06:02 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks, we are so very excited!!

Katzateer
11-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Very cool but still not sure if worth the money. For the price of the suites I would rather stay at a different resort.

dpamac
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Based on my last trip there there is one building that is enclosed. It's kind of a Tetris shape. I had assumed it would be the main building where the food court would be, but looking at my photos again it looks like it would have guest rooms. The others appear all outdoor corridors.