PDA

View Full Version : Wizarding World of Disney Day 8

brownie
12-20-2010, 11:01 PM
On Wednesday, December 1, 2010, we had breakfast at Everything Pop and headed out to pick up our laundry from Best Cleaners. After picking up our laundry, it was off to our second day at Universal Orlando Resort. Today we were visiting Universal Studios Florida. We got into the park at opening, and it was not busy. We would walk on to all the attractions, with the longest waits being for Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit.

Our neighbors met us in the park shortly after it opened. Our first attraction was Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast. It was a decent attraction. Bob was able to do this attraction since it has stationary seats.

Next up was Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. It looks more thrilling than it is. Zach, Mark, and I rode it. Zach and Mark rode it again along with Nick. We headed over to the New York area and experienced TWISTER...Ride It Out. It was an interesting attraction. Mark doesn't like storms and was apprehensive, but was okay when all was said and done.

We rode Revenge of the Mummy next. Although there was no wait, I think the walk through queue line still lasted longer the ride did. It was an enjoyable coaster ride. Bob was able to ride it, so all of us but Justin rode it.

We left New York and continued on to San Francisco/Amity. We did Disaster! which was enjoyable and rode JAWS. JAWS was great, but I think it's like the Jungle Cruise. We had a great skipper and he made the ride better.

We headed over to World Expo and rode MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack. It was okay (I didn't have the high score on this one for our group!) We then went on the Simpsons Ride, which Bob sat out since it does not have any stationary seats.

After the Simpsons Ride, we went to Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone and rode E.T. Adventure. This was my favorite ride at Universal Studios Florida. You get to "ride" a BMX, what's not great about that? After E.T. Adventure, Sharon, Mark, and I and then Bob & Michelle got our pictures taken with the Penguins of Madagascar.

We moved on to Hollywood and saw Terminator 2 3-D. This was a decent show. After Terminator we returned to Production Central and saw Shrek 4-D. It was a good movie. After Shrek, Mark, Zach, & Nick rode Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit a couple more times.

It was about 2pm and we had done everything we really wanted to. The neighbors headed back to Pop Century while we headed to the Transportation & Ticket Center to catch the monorail to the Contemporary. The monorail was having door problems so it took a while to get to the Contemporary. We had lunch at the Contempo Cafe and then browsed the shops. The neighbors called at about 4pm and said they were headed to Downtown Disney for some shopping. We just missed the monorail which was unfortunate. They did a change out on a monorail so we had to wait a while for the next monorail. We made it to Downtown Disney about 5pm and met up with the neighbors. After some shopping, we all headed over to the Beach Club to go to Beaches & Cream. We checked out the Christmas display before checking in at Beaches & Cream. We had a bit of a wait to get in so the kids played in the arcade. Our family had dinner before the eights of us shared a Kitchen Sink Sundae. It was nice to try it, but I liked my sundae at Pop Century better (maybe it was because I got stuck with strawberry ice cream from the Kitchen Sink!) It was cool how they turn down the lights and turn on the flashing lights when they serve the Kitchen Sink.

After polishing off the Kitchen Sink, we went to the Grand Floridian and then to the Polynesian to check out the Christmas decorations at those resorts. The Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian was neat to see. We then called it a night and headed back to Pop Century to turn in for the night.

faline
12-21-2010, 11:50 AM
What a very busy day! I've never, in person, seen a Kitchen Sink, and certainly have never had a large enough party to attempt to order one!

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: