PDA

View Full Version : 8th Anniversary December Trip Day 2 Part 2

eeyorepoohfan
12-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Saturday December 11th, part 2

Our friends we are meeting have annual passes and their daughter has been several times. So there is no need to rush to attractions. We enjoy walking around and catching up with them. Their daughter Maelea is 2 1/2 and loves the characters right now, she's not really into rides right now. So we stand and watch her go say hi to some of the playhouse Disney characters. We then go to see Mickey. The wait was maybe 10 minutes or so. I always love watching kids' interactions with the characters! Maelea just kept wanting to give them hugs and kisses! So cute! After we got our pictures taken with Mickey, we decided it was time to eat. Our friend, Amy, is 6 months pregnant and when she gets hungry, it's time to eat. So we went and grabbed some pressed sandwhiches at Studios Catering Co. None of us had eaten before and it was good! It was nice to have a hot sandwich on a cool night!

As we were finishing our meal, the Osborne Lights started. We were a little bummed to miss the official start, but no worries. It was very crowded on the Streets of America at this time. But we managed to work our way through it all. Our friends were VERY impressed! Those lights never get old, always beautiful! We walked around for about 20 minutes. We planned to go catch the second showing of Fantasmic. However, when we got over there, the crowds and line were way down the street. Our friends were tired from working that morning and traveling. So they called it a night. My DH and I decided that we can try to catch Fantasmic on Monday (but that never did happen, so we'll try again next trip!). We were going to head back to the MK. However, it seems that everyone was leaving then. It looked like it would take forever to get a bus. So we decided to take the walkway to EPCOT and then we would walk through and catch the monorail. I heard about this path here on Intercot so we thought we would try it out. It was actually a very nice and relaxing walk. I think it took us about 20 minutes to get to EPCOT. We decided to stroll over and grab a Napoleon at the French Pastry shop, sooooo yummy and made the walk worth it! We sat on a bench and ate our treat before walking further. As we were getting ready to exit the park, a CM asked us if we would be willing to do a survey. We said sure why not. So he took us to a computer where it asked us a few questions about attractions and shows we've watched there. Asked about anything needing refurb in EPCOT, etc. I think it took us about 5 minutes or so. We then were lucky enough the catch the monorail right away!

We arrived just before 9PM. MK has regular hours till 1AM! We arrived just when the Main Street Electric Parade was starting. We were directed to walk behind the seens and ended up near tomorrowland. This was a great way to avoid the Main Street crowds! My DH and I can't seem to remember everything we did this night. We were getting tired from a long day and little rest last night. We did ride the tea cups and Winnie the Pooh. I loved the new queue for Winnie the Pooh and the kids seemed to love it too! We did get stopped in the huffalumps and woozles room (I think they were loading/unloaded wheelchair guests). Kind of an interesting room to be stopped in for a while! I believe we rode Space Mountain this night because the wait was less than 30 minutes. We had decided to hold off on seeing the parade and fireworks to watch them on Monday instead. We decided this since we got to the park so close to the starting times for these. We later wished that we had watched them this night (Monday was down to 30 degrees with wind that night!!). We did walk around a few shops tonight. I also believe we rode Buzz Lightyear where I got an amazing score over 370,000!!! I was quite proud of myself! We may have ridden a few more rides, but I can't seem to recall now. We strolled out of the park sometime after the second parade. It was easy to catch a bus back to POP.

I think we were back to our room by midnight! 7AM wakup call tomorrow then on to Animal Kingdom!

faline
12-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Busy, busy, busy! It is lots of fun to see the little ones at Disney World!

eeyorepoohfan
12-20-2010, 07:41 PM
It was busy, but didn't feel rushed! Last year we got to meet my sister, her DH, and nearly 5 year old. I loved watching my niece Kailey enjoying Disney World! And little Maelea was just super cute to watch this year too! I love to see their faces light up!

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Isn't it fun to watch the little ones with the characters?! Bummer that you missed Fantasmic this time around, though. It drives me nuts that they're still running a shortened schedule each week for this show!

Good idea about walking over to Epcot & then grabbing the monorail. Bonus with the Napoleon treat!

I've heard several good things about the Pooh queue since the refurb - looking forward to seeing it our next visit.

Nice details on the day! :mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
12-31-2010, 12:16 PM
I love watching the little ones interact with characters. On this morning, we saw a little girl meet Minnie. They just hugged for at least a full minute straight. It was the sweetest hug ever! Like they were old friends! Melted my heart!

We were surprised at how nice and easy the walk from HS to EPCOT is! Certainly beated waiting in the really long bus and boat lines!

I wish I could of had a Napoleon every day!!! They are my favorite!!

You will definately like the new queue line for Pooh! It's so cute!!!!

eeyorepoohfan
12-31-2010, 12:22 PM
We were surprised by the line for the 2nd showing of Fantasmic. They just added that the week before we left. So we were hoping that we would have a better chance of seeing it. It was only offered 2 nights of our trip, for a total of 3 shows. We'll try again next time! We have seen it at Disneyland several times, so at least we know what it is!

PrettyMinnie
12-31-2010, 01:14 PM
We were going to try the walkway from DHS to Epcot a few years back but never did get around to it. We will have to try it next trip! Thanks for reporting!

:minnie:

eeyorepoohfan
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I recommend the walk at least once. It's nice and peaceful! We only did it at night, so it would be interesting to see it during the day too. It's a nice little way to unwind from all of the stimulation of the parks. The fast way to walk from EPOCT is to leave out that International Gateway exit and walk to the Boardwalk. You will turn left after you walk passed the boardwalk, do not head towards Yaht and Beach Club. It's then a clear shot to Hollywood Studios. You will end up near the bus drop-offs, the opposite side of the river from the boat launch (for point of reference). Enjoy!

vizsla
01-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the report.