PDA

View Full Version : Do you have either of these digital cameras?

Dakota Rose
12-20-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm looking for a new digital camera under $70 since my DS accidentally threw mine away! Yikes!

I'm looking at either the Polaroid CIA 1437RC 14MP or Kodak EasyShare C143 12MP.

If you have either and can provide some feedback that would be great.

I know there are better cameras out there, but I'm trying to stay under $70.

btharvey
12-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Our only experience with Kodak is mixed: We actually received two cameras in the box we picked up from a major electronics chain, not one. The first one still works, two years later, no problems. The second one lasted 10 minutes and died a dismal death.

Karma? Could be. When we approached the major electronics chain about the error, they said to keep it -- it wasn't on their inventory. Hmm.

Don't know anything about Polaroid. We tend toward Canon products and have, over the years.

BraddyB
12-20-2010, 03:53 PM
I know this isnt under $70 dollars but I see bestbuy has a

Canon PowerShot A3100 Silver 12.1MP Camera with Free 4gb Memory Card, Tripod & Pouch
for 99.99 (dont have to worry about batteries either since the camera comes with a lithium battery and charger)

This also seems to being getting pretty good reviews at 79.99

FUJIFILM - FinePix 12.2-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black
Model: JV100 BLACK

Hope this helps, I use a Nikon but if I was spending around $70 I would be checking those out.

Daisy'sMom
12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
One of my passions is taking pictures. We have a 14mp Kodak right now. I have mixed feelings about it. It takes great photos, but we go thru the lithium (sp) batteries like a family goes thru a gallon of milk.
The best camera I had was a Fugi, took wonderful photos, and was not that expensive. DH left it at the hotel in England. :(
:mickey:

BellesRose
12-20-2010, 07:23 PM
I highly recommend Canon, but if it's out of your budget, I had a Kodak that I loved, so I would go with that one.

Dakota Rose
12-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys. I'd love a Canon again. I had a nice Canon but that's the camera DS put in the garbage. By accident. So something more 'budget-friendly' is needed in the event DD flushes this camera. LOL

LVT
01-29-2011, 02:33 PM
We found an older model Canon at Kmart. It was 90, but it works well. W have had several canons with good luck.

brownie
01-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd spend a little more and get a Canon Powershot. People I know who've tried the Kodak cameras haven't had good luck with them. It's not just about losing the camera, it's also about capturing the memories.

mdhiggin
01-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I have a Kodak Easy Share and bought my daughter a newer model for her birthday. They both work great and are simple to use. (I don't really enjoy electronics I have to read a manual for.) They are battery hogs, but other cameras do the same as far as I know. I don't know what model number they are, but two different models for the Kodak are great in my book.

JPL
01-29-2011, 08:29 PM
I had a Kodak Camera and switched to a Canon and found the image quality especially in lower light is much better with the Canon. It just performs better even in normal indoor situations like parties. If possible I would spend the extra $20-$30 and get a Canon

PirateLover
01-30-2011, 12:05 PM
I tend to steer people away from Kodak. We've had lots of problems with their cameras over the years. When we went to purchase a new camera, we were also on a shoestring budget and were lured in again by Kodak's cheap prices. That camera broke 3 times, each time at the beginning of or right before a vacation! The last time the store just gave us the newer equivalent model instead of shipping it out to get fixed. We haven't had many issues but then again since I got an iPhone, and we have a good small HD video camera that takes great photos, we really haven't been using it. Look up the models on Amazon, CNET, etc to get some good reviews.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm a little late on this and it's more than you want to spend but I bought a Canon Powershot a couple of years ago. I love it! And the best part is that it takes great pix without having to use the flash. The flash flips up so no setting it off accidently either. Comes in great on those rides that say NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY. But it's around $200-250 but so worth the price.
My BIL bought my sis the newer model for her birthday and I think she likes hers too. She hasn't said anything negative so I'm assuming she likes it.