PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week #15: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Ian
12-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry ... couldn't wait to start this thread, so I'm jumping on it early ...

The Good: What wasn't good about this game? What? The first half you say? I don't recall that event. I just recall the Eagles scoring three TD's in 6 minutes to tie the game and then winning with 12 seconds left on a DeSean Jackson punt return for a TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!! Hey New York ... first we stole Cliff Lee from you and now we broke your freakin' hearts!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

The Bad: That whole "first half" thing. ;)

The Ugly: A couple candidates here ... first and foremost, Andy Reid not challenging that non-fumble by Jackson. That was absurd. Only the fact that they pulled off a miracle and won the game is going to save him from getting ripped for that boneheaded decision. However, even uglier than that was the fact that he even had to consider challenging a call that was a blatant non-fumble. In fact, there were two ridiculously bad calls by the refs in this game, both on non-fumbles. The "fumble" by Maclin earlier in the game was obviously a non-catch. After all the ridiculous no-catch calls this year, if that was a catch I'll eat my hat.

Anyway who cares ... the refs stink, but THE EAGLES WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

WDWfanatic742
12-20-2010, 05:56 AM
The Good: Atlanta didn't fall for the trap game at Seattle and now we have a two game lead on everyone in the NFC with two games to go.

Also DeSean Jackson and Jon Kitna saved my fantasy team, geez I love them :number1:

The Bad: The Austin Collie hit. It wasn't dirty, the defensive players SHOULDN'T get fined (I know they will anyway). Got to see it live on RedZone and it just looked really really bad, especially with someone who has gotten a lot of concussions this year.

The Ugly: The Dolphins are just horrible. The fact that Henne can't/won't throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field with 20 seconds left is wrong. And you have two of the best running backs in the league with the best wildcat, yet you only run 19 times? With Bill Cowher's name coming out yesterday as a possible new head coach, I think it's time for a change. I like Tony Sparano, but he's just not getting the team over the hump. You got this pretty good offense that can't move the ball if their lives depended on it, it's time to go...

The Ugly (Part 2): FOX has video (I got it from Yahoo from Youtube) of another sideline incident from last week (Same week from the Jets coach). A Carolina player comes OFF THE BENCH, gets in the way of the Atlanta player, and elbows him for the heck of it. He was fined 15K, less than the NY Jet coach who probably gets paid ten times less than the player (he was also suspended). The player also has a history of dirty play. What is going on with the NFL???

Melanie
12-20-2010, 08:28 AM
The Ugly (Part 2): FOX has video (I got it from Yahoo from Youtube) of another sideline incident from last week (Same week from the Jets coach). A Carolina player comes OFF THE BENCH, gets in the way of the Atlanta player, and elbows him for the heck of it. He was fined 15K, less than the NY Jet coach who probably gets paid ten times less than the player (he was also suspended). The player also has a history of dirty play. What is going on with the NFL???

The players name is Tyler Brayton and I sure hope with this extra attention that the Panthers punish him more. There is just no place for this junk! Ugh, just another punch in the gut in a horrible Panther season. There's not even anything to put for 'good' and 'bad'. It's all UGLY! The whole organization needs to be wiped clean and start over fresh. It's way past time!

JanetMegan
12-20-2010, 08:50 AM
This will be more like random notes from the week, I just didn't get to watch as many games as usual-(for some reason we had no FOX 1pm game?)

Anyways the Eagles win was amazing, wish I had gotten to watch it, I thought they were doooooomed! Falcons won well, with help from horrible play by Hasselback (was it two or three interceptions?)

Ugh that hit on Collie was awful, it was legal and all but just SO sad. He was just back, doing so well...I was decorating the tree with that game on and I wasn't really watching-just listening and I heard it-ugh.

Last night's fun, great, cute play by Connolly was just good football and why I love the game!

Pagan
12-20-2010, 09:27 AM
LOL....why did I know Ian would be here bright and early? :razz:

gueli
12-20-2010, 10:07 AM
[/B][/I] Hey New York ... first we stole Cliff Lee from you and now we broke your freakin' hearts!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

Ian, you should realy get a life.
No one, from the Eagles to the phillies has ever, nor will they ever "break our freakin Hearts"...
Our hearts were broken in 2001, but not our spirit.

I will shake my head at the Giants though :confused:
they could have won the game, but they did not...
and lets face it - cliff lee NEVER had intentions of comming to NY. Like so many other 'ny haters' it comes as no surprise. I would never expect tom brady to live in the Greatest City in the world, but the inferiority complexes so many non-new yorkers have is absurd.

So thanks for bashing NY (once again), ian.
Break our hearts- nah.
As some patriots fans chide me, now I will chide you- Exactly when was the last time the eagles Won the Super Bowl ? and when was the last time the Giants won the superbowl ?
now to cut to the chase- the last time the Jets won was 41 years ago.

oh and dont attack NYC... Terroists did that in 2001. Why ?
Because it is a great city, with so many landmarks.
And on that day, remember all those brave firefighters- so many with families, who went into a doomed building- they WERE NEW YORKERS.
The very same people (the survivors) who you claim have broken hearts over a FOOTBALL GAME.
Think about it, then get over yourself, ian

princessgirls
12-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I also knew Ian would be the first one to post...

THE UGLY While I'm not a Giants fan per say, I do live here in die hard Big Blue territory...WOW is all I'm going to say. The New York media is going nuts with this. Makes the JETS crushing loss to the Patriots looks not so bad. Worst game EVER they have decided. I enjoyed watching Vick do his thing...he is amazing with his speed and agility and when he finds receivers to catch his crazy balls there is no stopping him. GREAT ending!

THE GOOD The JETS!! Pulled off a much needed win, by playing a good game! The Steelers are a solid team, and we beat them fair and square with drama up until the last seconds. Listened to the end of the game in the car on JETS radio, and we had to pull over it became so intense...I LOVE the guys on the radio, they are so animated!!

Caught the Sunday night game, Matt Flynn the GB QB did a good job last night. I'm sorry the outcome wasn't a win for GB, they just ran out of time in the end, but it was a Good Game! GB gave those pesty Patriots a run for their money.
Julie:mickey:

Scar
12-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Absolutley unbelievable. I thought after Cunningham retired, we'd never have to deal with this again. All I can do is qoute myself from the week 5 thread:

Well, the offense and defense got it together, but special teams is horendous. If They don't get it together, it will cost them a couple games eventualy.The entire front line in the kickoff coverage had their backs turned and running away when that ball was kicked onsides :rolleyes:
Hey New York ... first we stole Cliff Lee from you and now we broke your freakin' hearts!! LOVE IT!!!!!!1. If you consider $132M for 5 or $147M for 6 years a steel, I've got some stuff you can steel from me. ;)

2. Be careful, there's a good chance we'll see each other one more time next month.

Ian
12-20-2010, 07:29 PM
2. Be careful, there's a good chance we'll see each other one more time next month.Well I wouldn't say a good chance, but I suppose there's a chance. At this point, there's not much chance of the Giants even making the playoffs, but we'll see.

In regards to Cliff Lee ... please Yankees fans. If you had signed him you'd have been crowing about it for months. The back-peddling now that you lost out on him is a bit sad. Take it like men. :cool:

JanetMegan
12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
That was an ugly, cold hard game. Man that field was HARD, I felt for the players, they were lucky there were not more injuries. You know as much as I thought Farve was kind of wishy-washy the last couple years I hate to see him go out the way he went out this year...

Ian
12-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I agree it was a brutal game, but man is that the way football in Minnesota should be played! I really enjoyed the game, despite the lack of any real drama, simply because the elements themselves provided the drama.

I think the NFL should ban football in domes. It's just meant to be played outdoors.

Scar
12-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Well I wouldn't say a good chance, but I suppose there's a chance. At this point, there's not much chance of the Giants even making the playoffs, but we'll see.What are you talking about? They win Sunday and they're in.

Pagan
12-22-2010, 03:08 PM
The Good: Cowher lists the Dolphins as one of the three teams he would coach. Bye Bye Sporano.

The Bad: A loss at home to Buffalo. Need I say more?

The Ugly: Rex Ryan's latest controversy. Don't worry, you'll hear about it soon enough.

Hoo boy...

Ian
12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
What are you talking about? They win Sunday and they're in.Yeah you're right ... I didn't realize that. I guess because Green Bay also lost (which I'm not sure I knew when I posted that) it kept their chances solidly alive.

Of course, it remains to be seen if A. they can bounce back from what was inarguably a crushing loss last week and B. if they can go into Lambeau in December and beat a Packers team with Aaron Rodgers back at the helm.

Honestly, I don't like their chances to win in Green Bay, so we'll have to see what a loss would mean for them. Clearly they should be able to smoke the Redskins on the last week of the season, so a win there may still be enough to get them in. I don't think they're eliminated by a Green Bay victory, because the Pack could still lose week 17.

Scar
12-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Well, of course no one knows for sure, but The Giants have proved over the last few years that they do come back after bad losses and that they can beat Green Bay in The Frozen Tundra.

And right, if The Giants lose Sunday, they would need to win and Green Bay to lose week 17 and Tampa to lose one of their last two.

Ian
12-22-2010, 03:31 PM
I actually think that second scenario is fairly likely, because Tampa has the Saints week 17 and Green Bay has Chicago.

WDWfanatic742
12-22-2010, 05:22 PM
The Ugly: Rex Ryan's latest controversy. Don't worry, you'll hear about it soon enough.

Hoo boy...

Just when you thought that it couldn't get any worse. I love it because I hate the Jets :funny:

I would say that Tampa has a chance because they are alot better than people give them credit, but its in New Orleans...

Melanie
12-22-2010, 09:32 PM
The Ugly:[/b] Rex Ryan's latest controversy. Don't worry, you'll hear about it soon enough.

Hoo boy...

Oh my. Interesting, to say the least.

gueli
12-23-2010, 02:52 AM

Hoo boy...

A couple of comments here-
You know rex has said its a personal matter.
Personally I think any man, who is married for 23 years, is still in love with his wife, speaks admirabely of her in public, is not a bad man.
what they do in their personal life- that is their choice.

However I think we will call rex, Mr Happy Feet from now on...

and for you Jet Haters

Go J E T S
:number1:

Pagan
12-23-2010, 10:18 AM
A couple of comments here-
You know rex has said its a personal matter.
Personally I think any man, who is married for 23 years, is still in love with his wife, speaks admirabely of her in public, is not a bad man.
what they do in their personal life- that is their choice.
The videos are not the bad thing bro. Power to him. It's what was said in their "profile" on a certain website that was. Not very "admireable". I will not say anything else. This is a family board. You'll see it eventually. ;)

I'd just love to see the press conference if they lose to Chicago.

"So Rex, why didn't you go for it on 4th down? It was only a foot...." :razz:

Ian
12-23-2010, 10:56 AM
The videos are not the bad thing bro. Power to him. It's what was said in their "profile" on a certain website that was .... not very "admirable".Umm yeah ... that's an understatement!

I will say, though, that I agree with Rex. It's a private matter and I think it should be out of bounds. It's not like he did anything wrong ... it's not a woman other than his wife or a child or a yak or anything.

Pagan
12-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Agreed that he's really done nothing wrong, but to call it a private matter?

If you're a public figure and you want something to remain private, somehow posting it all over the internet doesn't seem the way to do that.

You make this public record, you better be wearing a bulletproof vest. ;)

Ian
12-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah, that's a fair point. Although to keep things totally balanced you do have to recognize that he posted the offending profile online before he became the coach of the Jets.

Most of the stories I've read indicate that the online persona related to Mr. & Mrs. Rex pretty much disappeared right around the time Rex was hired in New York.

WDWfanatic742
12-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Could we possibly get hard knocks into that locker room this week? I'd love to see how all of the players joke about it...

Pagan
12-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that's a fair point. Although to keep things totally balanced you do have to recognize that he posted the offending profile online before he became the coach of the Jets.

Most of the stories I've read indicate that the online persona related to Mr. & Mrs. Rex pretty much disappeared right around the time Rex was hired in New York.
He was a coach on the Ravens at the time. ;)

Ian
12-27-2010, 10:48 AM
He was a coach on the Ravens at the time. ;)Yeah, but come on ... being a relatively unknown assistant coach in Baltimore is in no way comparable to being the head coach of a football franchise in the largest city in the country. Taking the Jets job raised his public profile a tad, wouldn't you say?

btw my New York peeps, nice game by the G'ints yesterday! They really came out and played hard and ... oh wait, no they didn't. :thedolls:

Pagan
12-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, but come on ... being a relatively unknown assistant coach in Baltimore is in no way comparable to being the head coach of a football franchise in the largest city in the country. Taking the Jets job raised his public profile a tad, wouldn't you say?
Bro, come on is right! He wasn't an "unknown coach," he was the D coordinator! Unless you're a complete idiot, you have to know the chance exists you'll get a head coaching job!

btw my New York peeps, nice game by the G'ints yesterday! They really came out and played hard and ... oh wait, no they didn't. :thedolls:
Us New Yorkers might have had something to say about Philly, but it seems that it was too cold and windy for the widdle Eagles to pway on Sunday. :razz:

BTW, I hate the G-Men now anyway. Cowher said he was interested in the Giants, Dolphins and Texans in that order. Sporano is as good as fired, so here I am thinking we get Cowher for Christmas. Now the Giants had to go and unravel, and it appears Coughlin is a goner.

Thanks Eli! :mad:

Ian
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Unless you're a complete idiot, you have to know the chance exists you'll get a head coaching job!This could be where the problem lies ... I'm not sure Rex is the sharpest tool in the shed. ;)

Ian
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
2. Be careful, there's a good chance we'll see each other one more time next month.Oops. :D

Scar
01-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Yep. Pretty unbelievable how one play, or even one of several, can move a team from maybe the two seed to out of the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Ian
01-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Yep. Pretty unbelievable how one play, or even one of several, can move a team from maybe the two seed to out of the playoffs. :rolleyes:I definitely don't mean to say I told you say, because honestly I wasn't sure myself, but I really think they just couldn't recover after that Eagles loss. Even Coughlin himself said as much after it was all over.

It's really, really hard to get that up for a game (maybe too up based on Coughlin's comments), have it all going your way, get on that super-high the Giants were on feeling like they had the division all sewn up, and then have it ripped away from you (or give it away, depending on your perspective) in the final 7 minutes of the game. That has to leave you reeling.

To be quite honest, the Giants one Achilles heel this year was the fact that they couldn't hold on to the ball. If they don't commit those incredibly costly turnovers (like Eli's late game fumble in the first Eagles matchup) they're in the playoffs and the Eagles are home. I have no problem admitting that, top to bottom, the Giants are a better and more complete team than the Eagles. For whatever reason, they just keep shooting themselves in the foot in the second half of the season.

Pagan
01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Even more unbelievable how a 7-9 team is somehow HOSTING a playoff game against an 11-5 team.

The NFL needs to seed like hockey. This is ridiculous.

Ian
01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Even more unbelievable how a 7-9 team is somehow HOSTING a playoff game against an 11-5 team.

The NFL needs to seed like hockey. This is ridiculous.:ditto:

Scar
01-04-2011, 01:24 PM
To be quite honest, the Giants one Achilles heel this year was the fact that they couldn't hold on to the ball.Yea, I think I read 42 turnovers and still won 10 games. Their special teams (except the FG kicker) was also terrible, must be addressed.

I don't have a problem with Seattle hosting. They won their divivison and deserve it. NO had a chance to win theirs, but didn't... sorry.

Pagan
01-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't have a problem with Seattle hosting. They won their divivison and deserve it. NO had a chance to win theirs, but didn't... sorry.
You're kidding right? A 7-9 record is deserving?

They had to come down to a final week win against another 6-9 team to win. That's not even deserving of being in the playoffs, let alone getting a home game.

The four division per conference setup is a joke, and will lead to more lousy teams making the playoffs.

WDWfanatic742
01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
At the very least, next year there should be a rule that if you are .500% or worse and win your division you do not get to host the wild card game if the team you are playing has a better record than you.

In 2008, New England is 11-5 and doesn't get in but the 8-8 Chargers get in. Same year, Atlanta is 11-5 and third best team record wise in the NFC but is stuck going to Arizona because they won the division at 9-7.

If the divisional games are SO important, how does Oakland go 6-0 in its division this year but not make the playoff's? Everyone keeps on saying that divisional games are the most important, then why don't they get in for being the only team to go undefeated in it's division? (I'm not saying that they should IMO, I'm just saying that that's the reason everyone gives for allowing Seattle into the postseason as they won their division)

The playoff system we have now is just a complete joke...

Scar
01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
You're kidding right? A 7-9 record is deserving?Not kidding. I didn't say 7-9 was deserving, I said a division winner was deserving. N.O. shouldn't be upset they're going to Seattle, they should be upset they lost to Atlanta at home week 3. Pretty darn important divisional game turns out.

Pagan
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
But as 742 pointed out, utterly meaningless in the grand scheme, or else Oakland wins the division.

It's not only unfair to the team, it's unfair to the fans. 11 wins in today's NFL is not and easy thing to do.

My Dolphins were 7-9, I thought they STUNK. But a 7-9 team gets to HOST a playoff game for no other reason other than their division STINKS?

And a 10-6 team like the Giants are sitting home?

It's broken, and needs to be fixed.

Ian
01-04-2011, 05:08 PM
They had to come down to a final week win against another 6-9 team to win. That's not even deserving of being in the playoffs, let alone getting a home game.Actually the Rams were 7-8, but your point is still valid.

Actually, I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and Greenberg made a good point ... he made the case that in all four games this weekend the wrong team was playing at home. In three of the four matchups, the road team actually finished with a better record than the home team did. And in the other game (Eagles v. Packers) they finished with the same record, but the Pack beat the Eagles during the regular season for what should be a tiebreaker.

I'm not particularly offended by teams going on the road against division winners with a worse record than them, but the idea of a 7-9 team in the playoffs is pretty hard to swallow for me. Especially when you consider that there were two 10-6 teams that didn't even get in.

Hammer
01-04-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm not particularly offended by teams going on the road against division winners with a worse record than them, but the idea of a 7-9 team in the playoffs is pretty hard to swallow for me. Especially when you consider that there were two 10-6 teams that didn't even get in.

Thanks for remembering that there was another 10-6 team shut out of the playoffs :) !Though to be honest, I can't be really upset with the Bucs. They had 7 more wins this year playing with more than 10 rookies. Never before in the history of the NFL (even before the merger) has a team with so many rookies had a winning record for the season. If not for stupid rookie mistakes in overtime against Detroit (and a blown call in regulation which the NFL admitted they got wrong), the team would be in the playoffs. Even without making the playoffs, I think Raheem Morris is Coach of the Year.

I lamented with the Giant fans in my office on Monday. As one of them said, the difference is the Bucs exceeded expectations while the Giants did not live up to expectations.

Ian
01-05-2011, 08:05 AM
The Bucs did do well, Christine, but I think folks might be hopping on their bandwagon just a tad early.

Their schedule this season was a cakewalk. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record until the very last game of the season when they beat New Orleans, who basically laid down for them in the 3rd quarter once they could no longer improve their playoff positioning.

Their wins came against 10 teams with a staggeringly bad winning percentage of .344! They beat the dregs of the NFL ... Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Carolina twice ... they literally beat no one of significance all season long.

Conversely, their 6 losses game against teams with a combined winning percentage of .698 and they got blown out in those games by a combined 164-94.

I think Tampa Bay is going to be next year's sexy Super Bowl pick that ends up going nowhere. I think they have a good, young nucleus but they're at least two or three years from being good enough to contend, IMO.

Melanie
01-05-2011, 08:17 AM
The Bucs did do well, Christine, but I think folks might be hopping on their bandwagon just a tad early.

Their schedule this season was a cakewalk. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record until the very last game of the season when they beat New Orleans, who basically laid down for them in the 3rd quarter once they could no longer improve their playoff positioning.

Their wins came against 10 teams with a staggeringly bad winning percentage of .344! They beat the dregs of the NFL ... Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Carolina twice ... they literally beat no one of significance all season long.

Conversely, their 6 losses game against teams with a combined winning percentage of .698 and they got blown out in those games by a combined 164-94.

I think Tampa Bay is going to be next year's sexy Super Bowl pick that ends up going nowhere. I think they have a good, young nucleus but they're at least two or three years from being good enough to contend, IMO.

I totally agree! Cakewalk indeed.

Hammer
01-05-2011, 08:28 AM
You have no way of knowing how the other teams that are on your schedule are going to do before hand. People were high on some of those teams you dismissed before the season started. What were they to do, change the schedule mid-season?

I watched the Saints game. Brees was out there with Bush for 3 quarters of the game. They played many more of their starters than the Eagles did.

Do I think they are Super Bowl contenders next year? No. Do I think they will improve and make the playoffs? I think it is a strong possibility. They are a lot closer than the Carolina Panthers!

Pagan
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM
They are a lot closer than the Carolina Panthers!
I think my nephew's Pop Warner team is a lot closer than the Panthers. :razz:

Scar
01-05-2011, 09:56 AM
If the divisional games are SO important, how does Oakland go 6-0 in its division this year but not make the playoff's?

But as 742 pointed out, utterly meaningless in the grand scheme, or else Oakland wins the divisionDivision games are very important, but they aren't the only thing. You still have 10 other games to play. Oakland went 2-8 in non Div games (including 2 loses to teams in the division that "stinks".) All they had to do was win 2 more of them and they're in.

And just to reiterate... I don't care in the least that Seattle, a team the Giants destroyed in Seattle, is in the playoffs. I'm TICKED ALL TO HECK that we lost to the Eagles at home costing us the playoffs, and a home game at that.

Melanie
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
They are a lot closer than the Carolina Panthers!

I noticed you added this in later. Ha! ;) Who cares? I'm still a fan win or lose. Always will be. I'm a long suffering fan of many losing teams. Getting easier as life rolls on...

Hammer
01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I noticed you added this in later. Ha! ;) Who cares? I'm still a fan win or lose. Always will be. I'm a long suffering fan of many losing teams. Getting easier as life rolls on...

I added it as you and I were posting at the same time and I was too lazy to make another post :) .

Oh, I agree with sticking by a team win or lose. I remember the Bucs when there were 0-26 (long live the creamsicle uniforms) and chants of "throw McKay in the Bay"! If I could hold my head high as a fan then, comments about them having a cakewalk schedule are pretty minor, as I remember when they could not handle a cakewalk schedule.

Melanie
01-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Somebody has to love the losers! :D

WDWfanatic742
01-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm a fan of the Nets (12-70) and Orioles (66-96), glad one of my teams is finally doing good :D

Melanie
01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm a fan of the Nets (12-70) and Orioles (66-96), glad one of my teams is finally doing good :D

Exactly! After years or seasons of disappointment, it's that much more special when one of your teams does well (like the Lightning are doing now). :D

Scar
01-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm a fan of the Nets ...A Nets fan in South Florida? How the heck did that happen?

WDWfanatic742
01-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Only fan that I know of down here :thumbsup:

I liked the Nets back in the day (for me at least, was 10 years ago which is half of my life ago :D) when they had Kidd, Mutombo, and Jefferson early on in the decade. When Alonzo Mourning went there I loved them from then on, even though he didn't do much there. Then with Vince Carter going there, they should have won at least one ring with Carter, Kidd, and Jefferson there.

I also like the Anaheim Ducks, but that's another story... :laughing:

So the Dolphins are looking at maybe hiring Jim Harbaugh. What are they, like the 10th different team looking to hire him?

Ian
01-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm TICKED ALL TO HECK that we lost to the Eagles at home costing us the playoffs, and a home game at that.Huh ... funny how perspectives differ. I was quite appreciative of the outcome of that game. ;)

WDWfanatic742
01-07-2011, 02:44 AM
Just as a heads up, the new overtime rules come into effect this weekend for the playoffs. No longer can a game end in overtime when the first team with possession kicks a field goal. The first team either has to score a touchdown or the other team gets a chance with the ball...

OT: 5,000 Posts!!! :party:

WDWfanatic742
01-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Please please please Philadelphia win tomorrow so we can play Seattle at home next week :number1:

Ian
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Please please please Philadelphia win tomorrow so we can play Seattle at home next week :number1:Sorry ... can't help you!

Do you think Donovan McNabb has stopped laughing yet? ;)

gueli
01-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Bumbling, stumbeling

The Jets march On...

Pagan
01-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Bumbling, stumbeling

The Jets march On...

At least until next week. ;)

Hate to burst your bubble Guels, but if they needed a last second FG to beat a team with 18 players on IR, AND they're already running their mouths about the Pats, I'm sure Belichick and Brady are just DYING to have them come visit. :thedolls:

Ian
01-10-2011, 06:33 PM

Hate to burst your bubble Guels, but if they needed a last second FG to beat a team with 18 players on IR, AND they're already running their mouths about the Pats, I'm sure Belichick and Brady are just DYING to have them come visit. :thedolls:Hey, after that Seahawks game I'm not ruling anything out!

gueli
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM

Hate to burst your bubble Guels, but if they needed a last second FG to beat a team with 18 players on IR, AND they're already running their mouths about the Pats, I'm sure Belichick and Brady are just DYING to have them come visit. :thedolls:

Oh come now- dont you see I know exactly where my team is at. (by the way check the post I made in football fun week -wildcard about you).
Just like your dolphins- I root for the jets and hope they win.
I know, that we are facing a team that has not lost at home (in what seems like a decade). Brady is about the best at QB that you can be.
Billicheck has figured out what to do about schottenheimers Offense, and has his D playing as a solid unit at the right time of year.
So basically we have a chance, like a snowball in Miami of winning.
But that will not stop me from rooting.
and anyway, how many people thought that big old "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" Rex Ryans club would be one and done ?
Jets
Win lose die or tie
I am A fan :thumbsup:

Hammer
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey, after that Seahawks game I'm not ruling anything out!

Neither am I! The Seattle crowd was great, though. That stadium truly is loud and players can feed off that. Let's hear it for the former BC Eagle Matt Hasselbeck!

Pagan
01-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh come now- dont you see I know exactly where my team is at. (by the way check the post I made in football fun week -wildcard about you).
Just like your dolphins- I root for the jets and hope they win.
I know, that we are facing a team that has not lost at home (in what seems like a decade). Brady is about the best at QB that you can be.
Billicheck has figured out what to do about schottenheimers Offense, and has his D playing as a solid unit at the right time of year.
So basically we have a chance, like a snowball in Miami of winning.
But that will not stop me from rooting.
and anyway, how many people thought that big old "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" Rex Ryans club would be one and done ?
Jets
Win lose die or tie
I am A fan :thumbsup:
Bro...you stink at trash talk. ;)

I'm just messing with ya.

gueli
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Bro...you stink at trash talk. ;)

I'm just messing with ya.

I guess it must be cold in MIAMI, cause that snowball has survived.

JETS WIN !!!!!!

We are going to the championship game.

oh i have to comment about 2 bart scott quotes-
1) it would appear that welker will no longer be in uniform

& my favorite quote of the week

"he can say what he wants. this is a 5th amendment locker room" -
apparently they have the right to a lawer....

SBETigg
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I was thinking of you, Gueli. Your Jets played a great game today. So sad that my Patriots did such a bad job of it out there, but I was happy for you. And now I'll be cheering on my second favorite team, the Steelers. :thumbsup:

Ian
01-16-2011, 08:32 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I found myself pulling big time for the Jets today.

As an Eagles fan, I have a bit of a soft spot for goofy, old Rex Ryan since he's Buddy's kid. I loved Buddy. :cool:

Congrats to the J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS! That was a really quality win. I didn't give them a chance in you-know-where (but then again I didn't give the Pack a chance either, so what do I know :blush:) and they pulled it off.

I have to say, I really wish the Steelers were out of it. It would be nice to have all relatively fresh blood in the Super Bowl this year, so I really hope the Jets can beat 'em next week. The Jets will be my team going forward, since I can't stand the Bears, Packers, or Steelers.

lynnek
01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
We've been pulling for the Jets and Packers, really never thought either would get through to this point!! Nice to see both teams make it this far without the "star" quarterback....

Ian
01-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Nice to see both teams make it this far without the "star" quarterback....I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers qualifies as a star quarterback. :cool:

lynnek
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Yes, but where's his attitude??!! Of course I was referring to the one both teams have shared.