PDA

View Full Version : In Service To The Mouse - Great Read on Disney History

Melanie
12-19-2010, 04:29 PM
A great friend of mine just sent me a fun memoir written by Jack Lindquist, Disneyland's first marketing manager and eventually Disneyland's first president.

It's a quick read, with short chapters on a variety of subjects in early Disney history. Mr. Lindquist wasn't just involved with Disneyland, as I'm reading now about how countries were approached to be part of the WS at Epcot.

In my book, anyone with personal contact with Walt himself, as well as Roy, Card Walker, Marty Sklar, etc. is worthy of a read. I'm loving his stories of the first grad nights, the beginnings of Club 33, the dealings of Disney execs with Anaheim officials, meetings with foreign leaders, etc.

Great read for any true Disney fan! :thumbsup:

Frog
12-19-2010, 04:57 PM
gonna go check the local box stores and see if they have a copy..
sounds great!
thanks!

Altair
12-19-2010, 06:02 PM
There is a good video on YouTube about this. Just do a search at YouTube for: Jack Lindquist, "In service to the mouse":mickey:

Melanie
12-19-2010, 06:51 PM
There is a good video on YouTube about this. Just do a search at YouTube for: Jack Lindquist, "In service to the mouse":mickey:

Awesome video! Just spent the last 45 mins. watching it. Marty almost did give away the whole book. ;)

divinedi
12-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Where is it available to buy, Ive tried all the big book stores, and it's not listed in any of them? Thanks!

PopPhan
12-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Where is it available to buy, Ive tried all the big book stores, and it's not listed in any of them? Thanks!

Do a search on the title and it will give you a link to a page where you can get more information and purchase the book.

It is also on Facebook.

brownie
12-20-2010, 11:07 PM
I'll consider it if it becomes available on Barnes & Noble or Amazon.