PDA

View Full Version : "Dream" About To Head to U.S.

Ed
12-18-2010, 10:55 PM
"Dream" is due to depart Bremerhaven, Germany tomorrow (12/19/10) to begin the trip to her new home port, Port Canaveral, FL. She has been docked in Bremerhaven while final touches were put on the ship, provisions were loaded, and her inaugural crew were welcomed aboard. She's scheduled to arrive at Port Canaveral on January 4th. (Why the trip is going to take 15 days is still a big mystery. Nobody's talking. Any guesses ? :shrug: )

Regardless, here's some stateroom info about the ship that has been released by DCL ~~

CELEBRATION, Fla. – Disney Dream staterooms were designed with style, comfort and a dash of Disney magic. Immaculately appointed, staterooms feature a contemporary, Art Deco-inspired design and provide a welcoming environment.

Eighty-eight percent of the 1,250 staterooms on the Disney Dream are outside rooms, and of those, 90 percent have a private verandah. To accommodate larger families and groups traveling together, there are 500 connecting doors adjoining staterooms.

For groups wishing to sail in ultimate luxury, the Disney Dream provides adjacent, concierge-level accommodation for up to 25 guests with four suites and two staterooms – all joined by connecting doors.

On the Disney Dream, stateroom luxury comes in a range of categories:

■(2) Concierge Royal Suite with Verandah (Category R) 1,781 square feet, sleeps 5.

■(19) Concierge One-Bedroom Suite with Verandah (Category T) 622 square feet, sleeps 5. Queen-size bed, living area with double convertible sofa, Murphy bed, walk-in closet, whirlpool bath tub, rain shower, private verandah, concierge service.

■(20) Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (Category V) 306 square feet, sleeps 5. Queen-size bed, double convertible sofa, pull-down bed, privacy divider, split bath, round tub, private verandah, concierge service.

■(317) Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (Category 4-A,B,C,D) 299 square feet, sleeps 4-5. Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, pull-down bed, Murphy bed (in most), privacy divider, split bath, round tub, private verandah.

■(543) Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (Category 5-A,B,C,D,E, 6-A,B) 246 square feet, sleeps 3-4. Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, pull-down (in most), privacy divider, split bath, private verandah.

■(108) Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom (Category 8-A,B,C,D) 241 square feet, sleeps 3-5. Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, pull-down or Murphy bed (in most), privacy divider, split bath, round tub, window view, “sit in” porthole seat.

■Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms have a “sit in” porthole window seat – nearly five feet in diameter and accented with teak wood, stainless steel and a comfy cushion.

■(91) Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom (Category 9-A,B) 204 square feet, sleeps 3-4. Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, pull-down bed, privacy divider, split bath, window view.

■(19) Deluxe Inside Stateroom (Category 10-A) 200 square feet, sleeps 3-4. Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, pull-down bed (in most), privacy divider, split bath.

■(131) Standard Inside Stateroom (Category 11-A,B,C) 169 square feet, sleeps 3-4. Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, pull-down bed (in some), privacy divider.

■(37) Staterooms equipped for guests with disabilities, in a variety of categories.

:sail:

tundramom
12-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm guessing she's departing 12/19/10;). Could they be taking her through her sea trials? That may explain the extra time.

Ed
12-19-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm guessing she's departing 12/19/10;).

Oops! :blush: My bad. Date corrected from 1/19 to 12/19.

She's underway turning about 18.7 knots, enroute to Tenerife in the Canary Islands; due to arrive there on Christmas Eve. :santa3:

Ed
01-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Dream was seen today by passengers aboard Magic, just off the coast of Castaway Cay. :thumbsup:

Apparently Dream is going to do some practice docking at CC and possibly Nassau before her official arrival at Port Canaveral on Tuesday, 1/4/11.

:sail:

Ed
01-02-2011, 09:03 AM
As I suspected, Dream is docked in Nassau today. :thumbsup:

Tinkermom
01-02-2011, 01:44 PM
As I suspected, Dream is docked in Nassau today. :thumbsup:

So cool!!! :joy:

Ed
01-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Word is she's heading back to Castaway Cay again on Monday for some practice dockings, then making her grand entrance to Port Canaveral at 6:30 am Tuesday.

Wild horses couldn't keep me away; I'll be there armed with several cameras!

:cool:

Tinkermom
01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
You best be posting those pics Ed!!! :D.

ElenitaB
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Ed, can't wait to see your pics! :clappy:

Ed
01-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Now I'm REALLY getting psyched! Here's her position as of about ten minutes ago. Going to go get some shut-eye now; I've got a very important date early tomorrow morning!

Melanie
01-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Have fun Ed! We must see some pics, okay? :)

Melanie
01-04-2011, 04:05 PM
From Orlando Sentinel:

Disney Dream makes its grand entrance

Disney's newest cruise ship, the 4,000-passenger Disney Dream, pulled into Port Canaveral this morning just after sunrise.

The ship, which cost Disney more than $900 million, was met with a water cannon salute and multiple helicopters buzzing overhead. Disney launched fireworks from the ship as it entered the Port Canaveral channel and again just before it pulled up to the pier.

Disney has big expectations for the ship, which is about 50 percent larger than the existing Magic and Wonder vessels. Disney Cruise Line President Karl Holz said the company is pleased with the pace of bookings so far for the Dream.

The ship will depart on its maiden voyage Jan. 26.

"We're pleased with the reaction to the Dream. There's a lot of buzz" about the ship, Holz said. "I expect them (the Dream and the Disney Fantasy, which will debut in spring 2012) to perform well."

Port Canaveral CEO Stan Payne said the Brevard County seaport has similarly high expectations.

"We have continued to get calls, 'When's the ship coming? When's the ship coming?' Well, now it's here," Payne said. "I think there's going to be a huge demand for it."

Guests will board and depart the Dream through an art deco atrium with an enormous blue, aqua and red chandelier and a statue of Admiral Donald. Disney characters are blended into golden paneling along the balconies.

A quick media tour of the Dream explored a few other areas of the ship. Off the atrium is the Royal Palace restaurant, which will seat about 700 guests in a regal setting. A pumpkin motif runs throughout — in the lighting, banisters, chairs and even bread baskets. Before-and-after portraits of Disney princesses line one wall.

Upstairs, the Senses Spa and Salon will offer wide views of the ocean — including one from inside a sauna. Scented showers with names such as "Tropical Thunder" and "Rainforest" will be available.

The Oceaneers Club is designed for kids, and the low ceilings reflect that. Video games built into the floor are themed to Disney movies such as "TRON" and "Bolt." Offshoot rooms are based on "Toy Story" (with a giant Rex the dinosaur), "Finding Nemo" and Tinker Bell.

Tink1
01-04-2011, 05:52 PM
I just uploaded the Dream Arrival Video from Disney Parks to our main page.

Magical Journeys Welcomes the Disney Dream! (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)

Nanc

Ed
01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
I never expected it, but this morning's arrival was actually a very emotional event. The ship is beautiful, majestic and sleek (despite her massive size), and the moment shown below brought gasps then cheers from the several thousand people gathered along the channel at Port Canaveral in the pre-dawn darkness.

More pix will follow after I've had a chance to do some editing.

Melanie
01-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Very cool Ed! Can't wait for more.

ElenitaB
01-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Ed, I've seen the QM2 a few times now, and from pics, the Dream appears to have all the elegance of that magnificent ship.

So when's your cruise? Eager to hear some first-hand reports.

PrettyMinnie
01-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Thank you so much for sharing!!! Can't wait to see it for myself. :minnie:

Ed
01-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Ed, I've seen the QM2 a few times now, and from pics, the Dream appears to have all the elegance of that magnificent ship.

So when's your cruise? Eager to hear some first-hand reports.

To my eye, Dream is not nearly as "boxy" as QM2; the lines are much more classic.

We've got 2 cruises scheduled, one in May and the DVC Member cruise is September. 137 and 256 days from now..... but who's counting ?

Hoping to have more pix up this afternoon.

cajunprincess
01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I will board this beauty on Jan 23, 2011. I can not waite! 18 days!!!!!

MarkC
01-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Wow. We are booked for the Fantasy, a mere 15 months away. This looks awesome. Can't wait.

Also can't believe how many people were there at that time of day to see its grand entrance.

CAS
01-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Very cool looking entrance, and clean lined ship, but eh...another of hundreds of existing cruise ships. After doing several different lines I don't find them spectacularly dissimilar.

brewcrew26
01-08-2011, 06:11 PM
DH just told me last night that he'll be taking me on the Disney Dream for my 30th b-day! I have to wait 11 months, but it will be SO worth the wait!!