12-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Our last full day :(

Cast-
Me Lori 38
DH Brian 37
DS Ian 8
DD Elizabeth 4
In laws Dave and Elaine

Yup, our last full day, always sad. This trip was more exhausting than usual though, I think we were okay with it winding down! We started the day in MK with repeats of everyone's favorite rides, nothing new to report, still low crowds. After discovering our beloved cheesesteaks the day before, there was no question where lunch would be had. So, off to Cosmic Deliciousness...

I wish those new seating rules had been in effect. Although the crowd levels sure did seem low...was it because everyone was at Ray's?? We scouted and finally pounced on a table...six people at one of those tiny tables! Near the end of our meal a desperate looking mom came over and asked it we were leaving soon saying she didn't want to rush us and it would be a good 10 minutes until they got their food. I said we'd be done by then and would gladly give up our table. DH seemed a bit irritated at the request, but I gently reminded him of how grateful WE would be for someone to help us out in the same situation.

It wasn't long until we had to head over to Epcot for our early (430pm) dinner at the Biergarten. I could not believe the line to check in! We stood in that line for a half hour. Fortunately, once we were checked in it was probably less than 20 minutes until our table was ready. I wasn't sure about the German food but we all enjoyed it, and we loved the atmosphere and entertainment! We would certainly go back. I'm guessing if it weren't for the CP package, it would have been much quicker to get in.

Sadly, DD was getting very fussy. Nearing the end of a week with no naps and less sleep at night was finally taking a toll. So, the in laws stayed to shop around the showcase, I took DS on the Grand Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, and SSE and used some snack credits for candy, and DH took DD back to OKW. DH and I were pretty bummed that we never got to see the CP or the special holiday Illuminations. My girlfriends choral group was also performing in the CP that night. We had planned our whole day, and whole trip really to see the performance and missed it. Her husband has it on video, so I hope we'll see it soon.

Once back in our villa, we packed. This is when DH asked (loudly;)) why I thought I needed a fiber optic Christmas tree that was taking up half of a suitcase. Between us and the in laws we had taken 2 empty suitcases to fill with treasures and boy did we fill them up!

Up next - last day :crying:

2MuchWDFun
12-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Sounds like another great day with your family. Sorry you had to miss CP and Illuminations.

Too funny about the tree, I told my DH that I wanted to bring our 4ft flocked tree for our Christmas trip this year. He said it would be too big and bulky to fit in our large suitcase (along with everything else we needed to bring). He was right! So I found a cool flat, yet still dimensional 3ft "tree" that I can lean on the wall andwill fit in the suitcase (along with lights, garland,ornaments and 3 stockings:D). It'll be beautiful and add to our Christmas spirit.

Glad your family had a magical time---the Christmas holidays are so special at WDW.

ibrowse17
12-19-2010, 11:29 AM
We hate last days, and love Germany as well! Sounds like you had a great Disney experience:thumbsup:

faline
12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Missing the processional must have been very disappointing! I'm sorry your final day didn't quite work out the way you had planned!

vizsla
12-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-27-2010, 09:04 AM
It's already time to talk about leaving? :(

Fun day at MK & Epcot, but what a shame that your evening didn't go quite as planned. I hope you were able to re-live the CP moment with your girlfriend!

Thanks for sharing another fun day with us! :mickey: