PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Last Minute Thanksgiving in Disney Part 5

Beach Club Babe
12-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Sorry for the delay

Sunday, November 28th

Wrong time to oversleep, but we try to recover as quickly as possible. We scramble around and manage to get ourselves and the luggage out of the room by 9:00 or so. We pack the car and move it alittle closer to the front, then hop a bus for the Studios, arriving a little after 10. We head immediately to get fastpasses for Toy Story Mania, since we did not get to ride in the summer due to a rehab. Unfortunately, just as I had suspected, our fastpasses are for 5:30, much too late for Courtney to take part. I use her ticket to get her a fastpass at RnR. From there we tried the Great Movie Ride, which had a short wait, but just as we got seated, we had to leave due to technical difficulties. We were all pretty hungry, since we didn't have time for breakfast, so we grabbed a little something at the Sunset Ranch Market. Next up we checked out One Man's Dream. Next we almost did American Idol Experience, but Ashleigh kind of nixed the idea. Em wanted Little Mermaid, but the wait until the next show was too long. We walked around a bit, and then the fastpass for RnR was open so we headed over there. The CM gave us a rider switch pass and gave us the ok for us to use so Courtney wouldn't have to ride alone. I was willing to be the only one who wouldn't ride. While they rode, I went and grabbed a couple fp's for Tower of Terror since the TSM window had also opened.

Wee wandered around a bit more just enjoying the last bit of sunshine and warmth we would have for a long time. We wound up in the backlot area, and since our fastpasses for ToT were ready. Ron took Em and Hallie to the Honey, I Shrunk The Kids playground, while the older girls and I rode. Turns out the fastpasses were totally unneccessary. There was absolutely no one in line. Ron was surprised how quickly we returned. GMR was now operating again so we rode. You can tell that Courtney is feeling much better, she couldn't leave without getting a Mickey Bar. We grabbed a few and a bench and enjoyed.

It was time to head back to ASMu for Courtney to meet up with Jason. He was however still a little ways away, so we checked out the store, and I bought him a snowman rice krispie treat, for coming to pick up Courtney. Not that he really minded at all!;) He was here in no tiem flat, so we loaded Courtney's things and wished them a safe trip back. Not too teary eyed this time, knowing that she would be home for Christmas break in 13 days.

We decided to take the car with us back to the Studios, so we did not have to return again before beginning our drive. We also stopped to fill the gas tank to save time as well. Of course Ron noticed the car wash, so we washed the car as well. While waiting, Hallie had fallen asleep, so we drove around the property, giving her a chance to rest. finally, we returned to DHS, and parked and waited for her to wake up and once she did, we entered, did a bit more shopping, looking for a gift to bring back to Matt. Finally, after a 5 minute wait on a bench, the TSM fastpasses were ready. I like this so much more than Buzz Lightyear, I am much better at this one, and my score is respectable.

We decide on a quick dinner which we have at that open air place near the Backlot, but the name escapes me. While we are eating, The Osborne Spectacle of Lights begins. This is the last thing on our list of must-do's. Emily is really blown away. We have not seen this since, 2004 and she is too young to remember. Still we all really enjoy it. We take our time getting some pics and then before you know it we are heading out of the parking lot and on our way home to frigid PA.

We decide to take our normal route home, and hit no traffic all the way through. We stop for a small rest in South Carolina, but still make excellent time getting home. We are about an hour and a half from home, when I realize that I am now coming down with what Courtney has, luckily I make it home before it all kicks in! Ugh, it's bad enough coming home to the cold weather, but couple that with a stomach virus and I was not a happy camper. I'm just grateful no one else got it!

vizsla
12-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
12-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Sorry about the stomach bug! Fortunately, you made it home before it kicked in for you!

Thanks for your reports! I always enjoy reading them!

DisneyorBust
12-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Enjoyed your trip! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Sorry to read how your trip ended, hopefully no one elsein the family ends up with the virus.

RedSoxFan
12-21-2010, 07:27 AM
A very nice day. Glad you were finally able to ride TSM. I agree, so much better than Buzz --- a ride I do not like!!

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
01-02-2011, 09:55 AM
sounds like a nice last day..even with sleeping a bit late..sorry you ended up getting sick also..but at least it was a the the literal end of your trip! :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
01-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks for reporting! I enjoyed reading about your trip! :minnie:

January-2007
02-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks for reporting.