PDA

View Full Version : Our First of Three Final day/Departure/Final Thoughts

Disney4us2
12-18-2010, 12:23 AM
This was our last partial day at WDW for this time. We had an early wake up as bell services would be at the room at 7:30am for our luggage and my scooter rental.

Everything went smoothly with the airline check in. Scooter was back in time and I was back to using the walker.

We went for our final trip to the MK and had a small breakfast at Sleepy Hollow. We did a few attractions, POTC, HM then went to see Toontown before it is closed. Jessica took a ride on the Barnstormer and we headed over to Tomorrowland for a trip on the People Mover.

Lunch time brought us to Cosmic Rays. Love the fixings bar, and the sauteed mushrooms. We were right near Cosmic Rays and Jessica wanted some soft serve ice cream. While we were there PUSH made an appearance. I love watching everyone's reactions.

With that, we made our way to the park exit before the parade crowd got bad and headed back to CBR to wait for DME. Got to the airport in plenty of time and was actually excited to go home and see my father and Ginger:dog:. The flight was ok, a little turbulance, but nothing bad. Jessica slept the whole way home, which was good. I sent her to school the next morning.

Final thoughts:

Earlier in my reports, I mentioned asking housekeeping for a sharps container. The first time they brought nothing but left a message asking if I recieved it. Next day, they brought me a brand new hand operated can opener....LOL:funny: I don't know how they confuse a sharps container with a can opener:confused:. Next day they brought me the sharps container and I gave them back the can opener. Housekeeping was ok. There was a rip in the bedspread other than that, it was a nice room, good location. No towel animals the whole stay. There was one waiting on arrival though, a small fish. We had a Nemo room.

I liked CBR, but is it very large and didn't like that the Custom House was not near anything. I have only stayed at Movies in prior trips and CBR just didn't have the same Disney feel to me. I would stay there again though, in warmer weather. The busses were good. I was only turned down on one bus since it was crowded. I really became a pro at boarding with a scooter.

ASMO room was nice. I actually liked the Toy Story building.

Parks: We were mainly at Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Those are our favorites. We went to MK a few times, but a lot of it is like Disneyland, only a little different. I did do some comparisons... I like our (DL) POTC better. BTMRR is the same as DL only a mirror image. I like both versions. HM : I like both versions. Each has it's own uniqueness. Didn't make it to CoP and a few others. There is always next time. Loved how the castle was all lit up at night.

Dining: We tried several new places. 'Ohana, Kona Cafe, Cape May Cafe, Beaches and Cream, Yak n Yeti, Tokyo Dining and The Garden Grill. Everything was good. Just don't get all the hype of 'Ohana.

Our new favorites are Tokyo Dining, Garden Grill, Yak n Yeti, and Kona Cafe. Cape May would be a re-visit as well.

I did cancel out 2 ADR's, hopefully someone was able to take advantage of it. We had a makeshift schedule, and didn't stick to it at all. I tried to balance out park time/resort time as well. Since we took a daytime flight I though I would switch over to FL time easier. I was wrong. We both felt off all trip. We hardly ate breakfasts and lunch was our first meal. Other than having a Dole Whip for breakfast one morning, and bringing in a small breakfast to the room, we just were not hungry in the morning.

We did luck out getting into Yak n Yeti without an ADR. Great food, would consider this a must do.:thumbsup:

I didn't feel sad leaving this time as we will be back in April for spring break. I will try to figure out how to post some pictures and make a follow up report,

Thanks for reading about our trip.

P.S. Ginger gave us a whopping 15 minute greeting of crying and kissing us. Poor baby, she was just so lost without us. Thanks to my father for dog sitting.:mickey:

lynnek
12-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks so much for your trip report!! I am with you on the must do for Yak and Yeti--we also really enjoyed that one.

faline
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Glad you had a nice trip, arrived home safely, and received a wonderful greeting from your fur baby!

Mousefever
12-20-2010, 02:58 AM
I enjoyed reading your trip reports! I look forward to reading your next set!

Amy

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
12-27-2010, 04:56 PM
sounds like you guys made the most of your last few hours in disney..
thanx for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it! :mickey:

vizsla
12-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the reports. I enjoyed reading them.

PrettyMinnie
12-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for reports! I enjoyed reading. Glad you had a good stay and you will be back in just a few short months!

:minnie:

KylesMom
01-06-2011, 10:39 AM
I am so glad that you & Jessica had a wonderful trip to the "other" Disney! Thanks for sharing each day in detail. Looking forward to your next jaunt over the spring! :mickey:

princessgirls
01-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Glad you had a good trip!

Julie:mickey: