PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Wilderness Lodge

PetefromRI
12-17-2010, 08:43 PM
We just returned last week from the WL and now I know why so many people say it's their favorite resort.Especially at this time of year with all the Christmas decorations up,this is truly a beautiful place.Even though it was pretty cold outside we had an awesome trip.We ate at Artist Point and had one of the best meals that we ever had at Disney and Whispering Canyon was fun for breakfast.We even enjoyed the Roaring Forks for a quick bite.I spent alot of time sitting in the lobby and enjoying the sites and sounds and reading my books in all the little nooks and cranny's that are all over this resort.My favorite quiet place was at the villas in the main room with a beautiful Christmas Tree and fireplace and my wife enjoyed a very good massage in the spa.Even though it was cold out I managed to take a quick dip in both pools and we also spent some time in the hot tubs which were very very nice especially at the villas.During warmer months we really do enjoy our palm trees so the Poly will always win out but for this time of year this resort is perfect.We may start going here every December instead of a moderate in the Fall .My only dissapointment was MVMCP.We both felt that Disney went flat with this.Aside from the special parade and the Holiday Wishes fireworks(we thought that the regular Wishes are better,and the free hot chocolate and cookies.We could get the same Christmassy feel any night at the MK and spend the 50.00 per person on a nice dinner somewhere instead.We had a much better time at the Osborne Lights and it didn't cost anything.I've seen the Osborne Lights on the Travel Channel and YouTube but there is nothing like being in the middle of this magic.We had to go back a second night,we had so much fun.
Overall it was an awesome trip as usual and we will be back to the WL.

Mousemates
12-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Glad you had a great trip...have to agree with you that the WL just might be the best "cold weather" resort at WDW.

markyv
12-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Another vote of disappointment here for MVMCP. This event is no longer worth the high price of admission. $57 bucks for 5 hours of longer lines than regular park hours plus lousy wishes and an OK parade. We will not be back to this event.

retiredfigment
12-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Agree wholeheartedly on your Wildnerness Lodge observations. I was also interested in what everyone said about MVMCP. We went last year and I thought maybe I was being a Scrooge, because except for the Parade, I did not feel it was worth the money at all. So, I was hesitant to pay for MNSSHP, which however was awesome!

jodijo
12-18-2010, 11:14 AM
We love WL with all of the decorations for the holidays. Funny though, I never thought of it as a winter resort. But you are right - I love WL in the winter but would prefer the Poly in the hotter months.

LudwigVonDrake
12-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Wilderness Lodge is one of my favorite resorts :number1:

forever a child
12-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the report!

WDWCrazyKaren
12-29-2010, 09:17 AM
I think we will have to try WL on the next "adults only" trip. I've been there so many times and have more pics of WL than the resorts we actually stay at!

Thanks for the report. I can't wait to try it out!

KennyandKim
12-29-2010, 01:04 PM
We will be there September 2011. Can't wait. My DH fell in love with this resort when we ate at Whispering Canyon

CaptSmee
12-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Wilderness Lodge is wonderful, one of the best :thumbsup: