PDA

View Full Version : Which value if we've already tried POP?

hope23
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Doing a short stay and want a value... should we stick with POP Century (which we've enjoyed before) or try an All Star for something new? If All Stars... which one and why?

IfYouHadWings503
12-16-2010, 04:58 PM
I prefer POP over the other Values and find that it feels a little more peaceful, which I really appreciate after a long day at the Parks :mickey:

Strmchsr
12-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I've stayed at all 4 values and enjoy all 4. They each have their own charm. I'm a sports nut and a musician so I enjoy both Sports and Music. Movies is the most fun and "Disney" of the 4 with the classic move themes. And Pop has a lot of cultural reference. Some folks rave about the newness and bus system at Pop. I haven't found either of those to be a particular advantage, though I will say Movies is definitely beginning to need a refurb. The other 3 have had one recently. While Pop has its own buses, the buses come more frequently at the All-Stars so it works out about the same. I've timed the wait just to see and the difference between All-Star and Pop was never more than 2-3 min on average. So, try a new experience. Pick a theme you like and go for it. You won't go wrong with any of them!

disneymom15
12-16-2010, 06:42 PM
I voted, stick with POP. We've stayed at all 4 values, and prefer POP the most. I do admit, we haven't stayed at Sports or Music since the refurb. I think the food court is larger at POP, and I don't like the multi bus stops for the All Stars.

Mousemates
12-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Our favorites in order

1 A & B Pop/Movies
2 Music
3.Sports

So if you've tried Pop already I'd vote to give the movies a try...not all that much difference between the two (or the four for that matter) ....but those are the two whose theming we most enjoy.

MagicalGuest
12-17-2010, 08:39 AM
We like Sports. It's a bit busy, but the AS buses stop there first, so you almost always get a seat going to the parks.

KylesMom
12-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Of the three All Stars, we preferred Movies best - in part, because the icons are so Disney. We stayed in the Dalmatians section but really enjoyed visiting the other sections such as Toy Story and Fantasia for some great photo ops. :mickey:

forever a child
12-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Of the three All Stars, we preferred Movies best - in part, because the icons are so Disney. We stayed in the Dalmatians section but really enjoyed visiting the other sections such as Toy Story and Fantasia for some great photo ops. :mickey:

:ditto:

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone loves Pop so much. I didn't dislike it because of the service, great room location and it's newer...but honestly...I don't care for the theming in the slightest!:ack: I love Movies and once they have been renovated...it will be hard to not choose this resort if we decide on a value over a moderate.

PrettyMinnie
12-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I voted stick with POP because we have always truly loved our stays there. But with that being stayed, we are also ones for trying new things and very often love them. We have visited ASMu and ASMo and of the two would reccomend movies. As previous users have said, the theme is overwhelming Disney, which for Disney fans is fantastic. I actually enjoyed ASMu as well. We were in the Jazz section which was actually quite quiet during our very busy Memorial Day trip and the fountains are pretty as well.

sainter
12-26-2010, 12:30 AM
We like Sports. It's a bit busy, but the AS buses stop there first, so you almost always get a seat going to the parks.

All Stars are soo similar - but I give it to Sports for first on and first off the busses.

ShanPooh
12-27-2010, 02:17 PM
With only three nights in your stay, how about trying something new? That way, if you don't totally love it, you are only there for a short time.
Check to see if there are any large groups staying at each of the values during your stay that will hopefully help for an nice, quiet stay.
Our family likes All Star Music - the Three Caballeros pool, Calypso/Caribbean music as you are heading back to your room, the fountain and benches in the middle of the Jazz Inn section.
One thing that bugged us about POP was the prominence of the closely packed gift shop. Disney marketing at its finest :rolleyes: There it was - right there when you were getting off the bus, going to the bus, or grabbing something at the food court.

TheVBs
12-27-2010, 03:46 PM
We enjoy All Star Music. We've always loved our rooms, the service, the pool and there are a lot of fun activities there. They have games with prizes by the pool, dance parties, they'll get out instruments so the kids can have a jam session, and there are movies by the pool. One day, we're going to have to try another location, just to do it, but it's hard when we have so much fun at this one!

waymickey
12-27-2010, 05:40 PM
we have never stayed at POP but I voted for POP.
The last time we went to the movies or sports we really felt that it was way too loud and crazy. I hope to try POP this summer.

DisneyFr33k
12-28-2010, 06:34 AM
We've stayed at all the values. POP is the best, hands down.

Newer rooms.
Dedicated buses - no multiple stops like AS has and ASMo, which is the most popular of the three, is the last stop which mean buses arrive already crowded
Great food court
Wonderful theming
A huge arcade - way better than most moderate/deluxe resorts

LudwigVonDrake
12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
If you don't stick with Pop my suggestion would be All-Star Movies. It is the best themed of the All-Stars :mickey: