PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo

Dyanna
12-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Have never had a meal here so can someone tell me about it. Were not big fans of japanese food more of the chinese type. Is the food spicy? We also have a 4yr old, is there something there for her to eat. She is not too picky so we dont have to worry about getting chicken fingers etc at every meal.

SBETigg
12-15-2010, 10:29 AM
It's not spicy food. The flavors are mostly ginger and soy, and not too boldly done-- you mostly taste the flavor of the food, it's pretty basic meat and veg. You sit at tables of 8 (with other families if you have a small group) around a hibachi grill, where your chef will prepare your food with much entertaining showiness (some knife tricks, some flame tricks, some flipping and juggling of food) right on the hibachi surface in front of you. It's as much for the show as for the food. If you like stir fried meat, veggies, and rice or noodles, you will probably enjoy Teppan Edo.

yjgirl32
12-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I too was a little nervous about trying this place- but I LOVED it. I too am a basic Chinese food eater and I loved everything I got to taste. I would say try it.

Disney4us2
12-15-2010, 07:39 PM
We were there last week for dinner. It was great!!:thumbsup: I had the steak and shrimp, DD had pork loin. Everything is lightly seasoned or unseasoned depending on your taste. They ask if there are any dietary concerns before they bring out the food.

My daughter(11) now eats off the adult menu, but they have the chicken teriyaki etc for the kids.

This is one of our must do dining. The chocolate ginger cake is yummy:mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
12-15-2010, 08:12 PM
I had never ate Japanese in my life prior to my wife and I going to Tepan on our "we need another trip to get over out first trip" visit in October.

I am a VERY picky eater, and I managed to leave filled up and happy with the food (although I didn't like the plain rice since I can't stand Soy).

It seems like most of the flavor of the food was selectable by each person based on what they dipped their food in using that little tray with multiple sauces in it.

I enjoyed the atmosphere but didn't care for being seated next to a guy in family of 6 that had never met a stranger, where I am a hermit who likes being alone. But I did it for the wife and was pleased with the food and the experience.

TheVBs
12-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Teppan Edo was easily our best meal on our last trip! The food is delicious, not spicy at all, and our girls ate a lot. The oldest is a good eater, but the youngest is unbelievably picky, so we were so pleased when she ate a lot there. They also got a huge kick out of using the chopsticks.

Ian
12-16-2010, 11:43 AM
We've eaten there tons of times with our kids (DD8 and DS4) and had no issues.

It's really very basic stuff ... steak, shrimp, scallops, chicken, mixed veggies, white rice ... nothing is served with spice added, either. They just give you bowls of dipping sauces you can use or not use. There's like a ginger, a teryaki, and a mayo based one that call yum-yum sauce.

Definitely no worries at all from a menu standpoint.

MagicalGuest
12-17-2010, 08:56 AM
We really enjoy Teppan Edo. The food is good, but frankly, we've had better Hibachi at several restaurants close to home. But the atmosphere is a calming respite from the hustle and bustle of the park and the chefs are very entertaining. Plus, we're "people persons." We love meeting folks from all over the country and the world.

Funny aside: two years ago we sat with a family who lived a few hours away from us; turns out the mom and I grew up in the same NJ town and knew lots of the same people. Anyone hearing the Small World tune??????

ginger19
12-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I definitely echo that the food is good and there is plenty there to eat. Also, it's completely entertaining for a 4 year old and makes for a nice dinner with the chef occupying their attention.

Cdn Disney Dad
12-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Fantastic restaurant. Our whole family enjoyed it and will be going back again on our next trip.

Disneymom4ever
12-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Loved it! The food is really good, and I love the sauces! I have an extremely picky teenager, and even he found things he liked last time. It's also entertaining, and we always seem to meet nice people at our table. We are going again in 2 weeks, can't wait! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
This is a family favorite! My kids 10 and 8 have been eating here, and enjoying it, since they were 6 and 4, and one of them is extremely picky, but he always finds something he loves.

crltkcagle
12-18-2010, 10:03 AM
We had the steak and shrimp and chicken and we all loved it!