PDA

View Full Version : Choices, choices... where to stay!!

Bellerella
12-14-2010, 05:54 PM
We are planning a trip for mid December 2011 (probably the 13-20) and we are torn about where we should stay! Originally, we were planning on the Animal Kingdom Lodge, because it is our favorite. But we would kind of like to try out a new resort. We are looking at the Beach Club and the Yacht Club, especially for its Epcot access. Has anyone stayed at these resorts? I know the BC and YC are sister resorts and share ammenties, but which one do you prefer as far as styling and such? Also, how does the ferry drop off to World Showcase work? And what is the standard view like, the description says parking lot, rooftop, or garden view. We want to make sure we have a nice view! :) Thanks for your input!

SBETigg
12-14-2010, 06:24 PM
I haven't tried these resorts, but I have stayed at the Dolphin and it is a great location. I explored all of the Epcot area resorts and plan to stay there soon. The Yacht Club was my favorite in the area. It's a little more sophisticated, but still relaxed. The Beach Club was a little brighter and more fun, so not a bad choice either (perhaps the noisier of the two). Also, closer to the pool and quick service/store, and that much closer to Epcot, if you wanted to walk. I wouldn't rule out Boardwalk either. They were all close to Epcot, convenient to each other, and to DHS, and lovely with a lot to offer.

If you're looking to save money and stay in that area, though, the Dolphin was lovely and I had no complaints. They often have great deals, take part in EMH, and use Disney transportation (which we found to be very efficient).

faline
12-14-2010, 06:44 PM
My favorite resort is the Poly and, though it's not on your list, I would choose that resort or Wilderness Lodge which is wonderfully decorated in December!

We once stayed at the Beach Club and were very excited to stay in that area. We loved the resort and the ability to walk to Epcot. When we planned our trip, we thought about all the wonderful spots to eat that don't require reservations - however, this didn't really work out as well for us. Places that are essentially walk-ups often had long lines and turned out to be far less accessible than we thought they might be.

Melanie
12-14-2010, 09:29 PM
After a recent stay at the Yacht Club, it's my new favorite. So wonderful! Like Sherri pointed out, very sophisticated, and the location cannot be beat. I'd stayed at Beach Club twice in the past, but the warm, rich colors at the Yacht Club really won me over.

We also really love the Swan. Great beds, beautiful grounds, cool pool, etc. The price really can't be beat for location and ammenities.

ShanPooh
12-21-2010, 03:37 PM
If I were to ever spend the $ for a deluxe room, it would probably be the Poly or Contemporary.
:heart: the monorail and the proximity to the Magic Kingdom.

buzznwoodysmom
12-21-2010, 10:09 PM
I picked other because Wilderness Lodge is our favorite resort, and its even more spectacular around the holidays.

EpcotFan182
12-22-2010, 10:37 PM
I picked "other" since my favorite deluxe is the Boardwalk. I've stayed there a few times and am always satisfied. The pool is great and the rooms are really nice. You have the convenience of being able to walk or take the boat to Epcot, and I love the fact that there is nightlife surrounding the resort; there's so much to do! :mickey:

wmdaddy
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
I'd pick Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian or Grand Floridian over any of those.

mook3y
12-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Poly for us!

Because - location, monorail, location, the resort is amazing and location.

Favorite thing was watching the fireworks over the castle from the pool. AWESOME!

Gator
12-23-2010, 04:20 PM
If I could swing the extra 1K per trip, I'd stay at the AKL everytime. It's like its own park. I'm sure I'd love to stay near Epcot (as long as I have a park hopper), but AKL just had a great escape appeal to it.

LittleD
12-23-2010, 06:21 PM
AKL is a good place to stay. The EPCOT resort area is getting too conguised and the lines of people are taking the fun out of staying in this area.

lovin'fl
12-23-2010, 06:55 PM
While we have yet to stay at BCV, we have been in and out and all around since we have stayed at Boardwalk twice. We love both (and would probably love Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin) because of location. Our family, which has 3 middle school kids, loves Epcot and spends the most time there, so being able to walk or ferry over is fantastic. I also love the Contemporary and BLT, also for location as you can monorail to a bunch of places. I loved the look and feel of Poly and it's location(never stayed there, but ate there plenty). If I had to pick 1 place, though, that we'd have to stay at every time, it would be BCV.