12-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Hollywood Studios Day

Cast-
Me 38 Lori
DH 37 Brian
DS 8 Ian
DD 4 Elizabeth
Inlaws Dave and Elaine

Another late start today, common theme with us this week. Got to the studios after 10:30 and, yes, all FP gone for TSM. Bummer, since I loved it on our last trip...but I reminded myself that we were here primarily to see the Christmas decorations and stay out late rather than get up early.

R-n-R coaster was down so we did the Great Movie Ride and the Backlot tour, I think they both need some help. Lunched at the Backlot Express, good but not great. Coaster was back up running so the boys did that while I shopped. There was no holding back on shopping this trip.

We didn't have a table service meal today, and it was a very cold and windy day, which limited our eating choices to indoor places at DHS or going back to OKW. We went back and this is when we found out there was no indoor seating for CS at OKW. So we ordered "cold" items, salads and sandwiches, and hauled them back to our room.

Figured we'd head to bed early to get a decent amount of sleep before our first day at MK.

Oh, let me throw in here the Pop Warner effect. We saw them everywhere, every day (12/4-12/11) and in every park. Wasn't expecting them to make an impact but they certainly did. And this age group isn't exactly who you want to be on a ride with or standing in line with, whenever there were 3 or more kids together, they tended to be rowdy. I would absolutely try to avoid this week if we ever come in December again.

Up next - cold and empty day in the MK! I'll take the cold any day when it means no waiting for anything!!

faline
12-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Sounds like you got some relaxed, family time in!

Funny - we've been at Disney a number of times at the same time as Pop Warner (including last December) and never really experienced a significant impact on the parks. Must just depend on which kids you run into - the ones we did encounter in the parks were generally well behaved though some of those cheerleaders certainly have lungs and can be quite loud - but then, again, I've never met a kid who can't be quite loud - particularly when hanging out with friends!

KylesMom
12-16-2010, 09:31 AM
R-n-R coaster was down so we did the Great Movie Ride and the Backlot tour, I think they both need some help. Especially Backlot Tour - they could really do some cool things if they put their minds (and money) to it!

While I've heard how crowded and cold it was during your visit, this is the first I've read with regard to the Pop Warner crowds in the parks. I hope it didn't detract too much from the overall enjoyment of your visit. Looking forward to hearing about your empty MK day! :mickey:

Ropachs
12-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Maybe I should re-phrase. I wouldn't say the pop warner kids were bad or misbehaving...just...being that age. Stuff like screaming like crazy, so much so that you can't hear the audio for the ride...stuff like that. I was surprised to see so many pw's too, I thought they would be busy doing whatever they do, at least on weekdays.

We're now planning a trip next January. I think it may be the slowest time there is, and now we know we can take whatever temperatures Florida throws at us!!! :number1:

vizsla
12-20-2010, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: