12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Animal Kingdom Day

Cast-
Me Lori 38
DH Brian 37
DS Ian 8
DD Elizabeth 4
MIL and FIl Dave and Elaine

It was so hard to get out of bed today. So DH and DS got out of the villa first this day and headed to AK to try to do EE before things got crowded. Thing is, they never did get crowded! The rest of us made it over around 10:30. DH and DS had done EE several times. No wait for the safari, so we all did that next. Then took in Nemo for the first time, what a great show. Up next, Kali, again, zero wait. We were allowed to go through 3 times and we could have kept going but it was only about 73 degrees at the time and we were getting pretty darn wet. First time for Kali for all of us.

I wanted to try mostly new places for meals this trip (like Mama Melrose last night) so we got lunch at the Yak & Yeti CS. Honey chicken was fantastic, MIL got sweet and sour chicken and liked that as well. Caught the Jingle Jungle Parade using the tip of waiting for the parade to get out of Africa and then when all those folks left, we had a great spot to see the parade on the way back through Africa.

Random thought alert: forgot to mention that we used Garden Grocer. They were great as everyone says. I did buy too much, coupled with the DDP, we had way too much food and had 30 snack credits left on our last day. We have so much of Goofy's candy in our pantry now!

Okay, back to the report. Had to change clothes back at the resort since we were all still pretty wet and temps were going nowhere but down. Then took the boat from OKW to DTD. Had the most fabulous meal at Wolfgang Puck. MIL and I had the chicken they recommend and it was SO good. FIL and DH had the steak and loved it. Even the kids cheese pizzas were 10x better than ones served in the parks.

At this point MIL and I sent everyone else "home" to bed and we shopped. Or rather, we SHOPPED. Few things at Little Miss Matched, and then just about everything at WOD. They had to re-stock after we left I'm sure. My total wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking, so much was on sale...beach towels 50% off for example. Also, most dated (2010) items were 50% off. I got a "Twenty10" photo album that I thought was $19.99 and it rang up $7.99. Yahoo! I also used my Disney Visa to snag an extra 10% off.

A quick stop in the Pooh store, the Pantry, and the Christmas shop, then back to OKW. REALLY GREAT DAY!

Up next: Chilly Day 3 at DHS

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Great report and really good shopping deals!

Joannelet
12-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow excellent shopping deals!!!
Love shopping in Disney in December (especially when there are sales!)

lynnek
12-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm jealous of the shopping!! I need to plan that in next time!!!

faline
12-14-2010, 06:21 PM
What a great shopping expedition! I see lots of Disney items under the holiday tree!

KylesMom
12-16-2010, 09:24 AM
A nice day at AK - interesting how the crowds didn't materialize there. I can imagine Kali is a bit different in 73 degree weather versus 93 like we're used to!!! Isn't Finding Nemo a well-done show? We caught it for the first time this past trip and were pleasantly surprised. Great that you enjoyed all of your dining on this day.

What fun shopping at DTD - congrats on getting some terrific buys! Sounds like tomorrow is "bundle-up" time! :mickey:

Disney4us2
12-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Sounds like a great day. We snagged 3 beach towels also during our stay.

vizsla
12-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: