PDA

View Full Version : NFL week #14, the good the bad and the ugly

gueli
12-13-2010, 09:34 AM
So football fans, lets hear about what you saw...
dome colapse !

The Jets:

The good: first off props to the dolphin defense.:thumbsup: against our offense they looked like the #1 defense in the NFL- although this is not uncommon. they deserve the win. and good luck to them. find a way to beat new england !

The good: the Jets offense. why you might ask, is the jets offense part of my good this week? for the second straight game, no offensive touchdowns. only 3 field goals in those games, at least one of wich was set up by the jets defense. Is it the players? the thing is we have plenty of talent. Is it the QB ? yeah, sanchez is consistantly inconsistant, but he is not the real problem. The real problem is the offensive schemes, and play calling. In other words: Fire our offensive coordinator !

The Bad: We bad. our defense played well. we held miami to almost no offense, sacked their Qb so many times that he fumbled twice. we held their running game to almost nothing. BUT WE LOST ! Rex's defensive schemes work. He has, from day one, given the offensive coordinator total control over the offense. But if he doesn't do something now, he is as much to blame for this as shotty. Fire shottenheimer

The Ugly: Idiotic coach who tripped a dolphins player. He should be fined by the team and suspended from the sidelines- its poor sportsmanship. It was stupid. and ugly. Its shows badly on our team and on our head coach. Rex deserves better from his coaches!
No offensive output in the first quarter !:ill: our only offensive TD in the 1st quarter was against buffalo when they were playing bad (they might still lose games but the bills have been tough lately). We have 17 1st quarter points all season ! face it rex, its your offensive coordinator. Fire him or take control. But the Jets are UGLY !

I am fully prepared for us to lose every remaining game this season. If something does not change, we will lose against the steelers and the bears. If we lose against those 2, and nothing has changed- i hope we lose against buffalo also, and someone else finds a way to get into the playoffs who deserves it !!!

I love the jets, but I am sick of only having half a team !!!:mad:

Go Jets :number1: (he still doesnt have 32 fingers) :ack:
were # 32

princessgirls
12-13-2010, 09:52 AM
I agree with EVERYTHING Gueli said!

HUGE JETS fan...for 41 years. I guess you just kind of get used to what if's and sloppiness...

GREAT: BIG SHOUT OUT to Jay Feely!! Arizona Cardinals kicker...25 points yesterday, including a touch down. Way to go Jay!
You are a class act, and I loved watching you GO!

Jay played for the JETS last season, and his kids and my kids went to the same school. The Feelys are a great family, nice people and I am happy to see him having a good year. I just wished it could have been with the JETS...

UGLY The Giants have to play in Detroit...Fun times. Brett Favre gets another day of rest...DETROIT!!! But hey, they are offering free tickets, so if your willing to drive out last night there is a game to see!
Julie:mickey:

Melanie
12-13-2010, 10:15 AM
The Ugly: Idiotic coach who tripped a dolphins player. He should be fined by the team and suspended from the sidelines- its poor sportsmanship. It was stupid. and ugly. Its shows badly on our team and on our head coach. Rex deserves better from his coaches!

Hmmm, you got that right. But I believe old Rex sets the tone for that team.

WDWfanatic742
12-13-2010, 11:48 AM
The Good: Getting the job done against Carolina, trap game next week at Seattle and then New Orleans on Monday Night Football :number1:

The Bad: That an NFC West team is going to get a playoff spot and HOST the first game. If the season ended today, the 6-7 Rams will HOST the 10-3 Saints who just beat them down 31-13 this week. I wouldn't mind it much if the 6-7 team wasn't hosting to a team that is 4 games better than them. There is something wrong with that...

The Ugly: The NYJ coach who stuck his knee out to trip a player. I doubt it's gonna happen, but he should get fired...

Missy_Mouses_Dad
12-13-2010, 03:30 PM
The Packers:

Good: the defense bent and didn't break. Giving up a td at the end was a heart breaker, but you should never lose when giving up 7 points.

Bad: O-Line. They were more like turnstiles at a bus station.

Ugly: Somebody needs to explain to Aaron Rodgers that taking a dive isn't always what it means literally. His aggressiveness is great, but there is a time and place for everything. A slide was in order...

It's going to be a long cold winter in Wisconsin.:crying:

gueli
12-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Hmmm, you got that right. But I believe old Rex sets the tone for that team.

Rex does set the tone. after reviewing the incident, and not having a knee jerk reaction - the NY Jets suspended the strength coach who tripped the player and fined him $25,000.

in his monday news conference
Rex said "First off, I’d like to say publicly that I want to apologize to Nolan Carroll about what took place. I’d like to apologize to the Dolphins. That’s a thing that has no business in this league or anywhere else. Sal [Alosi] made a huge mistake... It’s got no place in this game. I don’t know what else to say about it..."

dont for a moment believe that rex wants his players to play dirty. He wants them to play tough, hard football. But at no point does he want them to do something idiotic.

There are many out there who will blame coach ryan for this incident, I am not one of them. I beleieve he has integrity. but this is an ugly incident, perpetrated by 1 person...

Pagan
12-14-2010, 10:05 AM
against our offense they looked like the #1 defense in the NFL-
Actually, they're the #4 defense in the NFL. ;)

There are many out there who will blame coach ryan for this incident, I am not one of them. I beleieve he has integrity. but this is an ugly incident, perpetrated by 1 person...
I'm not blaming Rex....yet. They are looking into the incident a little further. If you watch the video, not only does Alosi trip Carroll, but as Carroll's falling you see the 3rd coach in line starting to lean forward. It's also been pointed out that coaches don't stand in line like that in formation, so it's being looked into as a premeditated act.

Like I said, I'm giving Rex the benefit of the doubt for now, but if it does come to light that he gave this act the green light, that will be a mark on the Jets organization they won't be able to sweep under the rug.

That being said:

The Good: A win is a win. That and our defense. Cameron Wake is a beast.

The Bad: Chad Henne. It's time to move on, he isn't the answer.

The Ugly: Guels summed it up for me.

gueli
12-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Actually, they're the #4 defense in the NFL. ;)

yes, as i stated the dolphins have a good d. my point had to do more with the playcalling and schemes of the jets OC. consider this-on one of the sanchez ints- it is the same play he has had ints on before and at least 2x i have seen guys drop the pick six on the same play

I'm not blaming Rex....yet. They are looking into the incident a little further... but if it does come to light that he gave this act the green light, that will be a mark on the Jets organization they won't be able to sweep under the rug.

question : where is this report coming from ?

I have seen zach thomas saying all over the place that it was premeditated. but i dont give much credence to that.
I have no problem with an investigation, or someone else looking into it.
but if he did do it (rex ordering something like that) then he should be gone... but again, i doubt it. he always speaks his mind, and i have not seen him try to hide any ugly truths. The only reason alosi MIGHT have a job is because he owned up to it (rex believes in second chances).

By the way, dolphin d killed shootys offense. Congrats on the win, and good luck

Pagan
12-15-2010, 11:06 AM
question : where is this report coming from ?
Pro Football Weekly first pointed it out.

I have seen zach thomas saying all over the place that it was premeditated. but i dont give much credence to that.
I have no problem with an investigation, or someone else looking into it.
but if he did do it (rex ordering something like that) then he should be gone... but again, i doubt it. he always speaks his mind, and i have not seen him try to hide any ugly truths. The only reason alosi MIGHT have a job is because he owned up to it (rex believes in second chances).
Like I said, innocent until proven guilty. The "evidence" they're showing is the men all standing in a military-like line, the others starting to lean in, and something I didn't notice until I saw the photo - during the entire play, Rex isn't watching the ball. He looks at the lineup on the sideline the entire time from the ball is snapped until Carroll falls at his feet.

Again, I'm not accusing him, and he's innocent unless it's proven otherwise, but why wouldn't a coach be watching the actual play, and instead be watching a spot on the field that has nothing to do with what's going on, and just so happens ends up to be the spot where another member of the staff trips an opposing player?

If I can find the photo I'll send you a link.

By the way, dolphin d killed shootys offense. Congrats on the win, and good luck
Thanks Guels, but I'm holding any hope for this team, they're not quite there yet...and any playoff appearance would result in a quick exit.

Good luck to your guys too...and I hope Rex gets the offense figured out quick, or the Steelers will be licking their chops. That's one nasty defense to have to face with a QB whose confidence is shaky.

Pagan
12-15-2010, 11:59 AM
ESPN now too Guels.

A close examination of the TV replay shows that Dixon was leaning in with his left shoulder, perhaps preparing for contact as well.

"Something is fishy," said an opposing personnel executive, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

The executive said the Jets have shown a penchant in recent weeks for using sideline personnel as a deterrent to gunners -- players sprinting the sideline in an attempt to get to the returner quickly -- adding that the Jets' sideline is conspicuously clear when their team is doing the punting.

Ian
12-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Eagles ...

The Good: It's always good when we beat the Cowboys!

The Bad: I still don't think our defense is good enough to go deep in the playoffs. Too many lapses and brainless mistakes that prevent them from taking that next step. I'm hoping when Asante comes back things will improve a bit.

The Ugly: The tackling on DeSean's 91 yarder. The Cowboys should cut every single guy in that secondary, because they looked like total stiffs!

WDWfanatic742
12-15-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm not going to copy the entire article on ESPN since it is a very long one, but you should be able to find it on your own pretty easy:

The New York Jets have suspended Sal Alosi indefinitely after the team got "new information" that the strength and conditioning coach "instructed" five players to stand in a wall before he tripped Dolphins player Nolan Carroll on Sunday.

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum announced the punishment after Alosi was suspended for the rest of the season and fined $25,000 on Monday.

"Over the last day as we continued our investigation we discovered some new information," Tannenbaum said. "The players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were forcing the gunner in the game to run around them. Based on that new information we've suspended Sal indefinitely, pending further review."

NFL vice president of football operations Ray Anderson has reviewed the play and he said what Alosi ordered was illegal. At the owners meetings in Fort Worth, Texas, he cited two NFL rules about where players, coaches and support staff are supposed to stand.

When asked if they were in violation of the rules, Anderson said: "Yes."

I still think he should be fired, but I doubt he will be...

The same winter weather that rendered the Metrodome unusable for the Minnesota Vikings' game against the Chicago Bears on Monday night may derail plans of playing at the University of Minnesota's open-air stadium and cause the game to move indoors to Indianapolis.

League sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton on Wednesday that although the NFL has inspected the Gophers' TCF Bank Stadium, securing a site for the prime-time game is still a fluid situation.

Crews are working almost around-the-clock to clear snow out of the University of Minnesota's open-air TCF Bank Stadium in time for Monday night.
If the game must be moved from Minnesota, the Indianapolis Colts have offered to host the game inside their domed Lucas Oil Stadium, team sources told Clayton on Wednesday. However, the sources said the Vikings are wary of that option because they fear Chicago fans will buy out Indy's stadium.

The university's outdoor stadium was buried under the same 17 inches of snow that caused the Metrodome's Teflon roof to collapse Sunday and weather forecasts in Minneapolis for Monday night call for single-digit temperatures and double-digit wind gusts at game time.

In addition to the issues caused by the weather, school officials, the Vikings and the NFL were negotiating a host of other logistical questions, from whether beer would be available at the normally dry stadium to how a 50,000-seat stadium could accommodate 54,000 Vikings season-ticket holders.

The team said it was "working to accommodate fans' questions" but acknowledged it would take time to get the answers in such a "fluid situation." Ellison said the school was looking into setting up more seats for the game -- the Metrodome has a football seating capacity of about 63,000.

Meanwhile, a fourth panel in the Metrodome's inflatable roof tore open at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, dumping more snow and ice on the field.

Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission spokesman Pat Milan says no one was hurt. All the workers have been pulled from the stadium floor.

Milan says crews will inspect the damage Thursday.

Just sounds like a mess in Minneapolis...

gueli
12-16-2010, 04:45 AM
ESPN now too Guels.

Thanks pagan. After reading, also at the nfl website...
alosi has been suspended indefinatly. Mike westoff noted that the patriots appear to do it also (not that this should be considered an excuse).

The jets who were lined up have said alosi is the only coach who said to do it. Its an unsportsmanlike thing to me. Players on the sidelines, should do everything possible to avoid interfering with the onfield play.

as of this point, the jets main coaches (rex, westoff) do not appear to be involved. I will reserve judgemnt based on what comes out...

I still think he should be fired, but I doubt he will be...

Actually I think in the end, he will be. initialy rex said he admitted it and was being honest about owning up to it. for being honest, he probably would not have been fired. The fact that he told the players to line up was omitted- which I hope is the final nail in the coffin.
Alosi should be fired...

oh and pagan- as far as rex fixing the offense, it would be a nice change. I think at this point, he needs to have more input in the playcalling on the offens. as long as shotty is there though, we will continue to have the talent, but but not the coaching on the offensive side of the ball. (fire shottenheimer has become my refrain...something my DW has commented on most of this season...she says i hate him :) )

Pagan
12-16-2010, 10:55 AM
oh and pagan- as far as rex fixing the offense, it would be a nice change. I think at this point, he needs to have more input in the playcalling on the offens. as long as shotty is there though, we will continue to have the talent, but but not the coaching on the offensive side of the ball. (fire shottenheimer has become my refrain...something my DW has commented on most of this season...she says i hate him :) )
We're in the same boat bro. Henning needs to go in Miami also. How you can have Williams, Brown, Bess, Marshall, and Long on offense and not score points is a direct result of poor playcalling. Marshall had TWO tds all year so far? Are you kidding me???

Just as Shotty is destroying Sanchez...Henning is doing the same to Henne. Sad...

TinksPixieDust
12-16-2010, 12:13 PM
The Good: New England Patriots and Tom Brady in the snow.

The Bad: I really wish that Schuab didn't throw that pick 6 in OT I would have loved for the Ravens to lose that game! Especially after those two 99 and 92 yd drives by Houston!

the Ugly: Ahhhh yes. the old when somethings illegal we'll just blame the patriots. deflect the negative attention to the big bad boys of the north east.

I'm from new england i hate the jets. That doesn't mean i think they are a bad team. they just have questionable tactics. and that coach is talking circles around him self. its actually quite pathetic. look aliosi probably wasn't fired because it wasn't just a strength and conditioning coach that was behind the "wall" they'll just suspend him indefinitely and hope that everyone forgets about it over the off season and then bam hes still the coach next year. The said he definitely instructed for the wall... they could easily just fire him and say see ya later your just the S&C coach and hire someone else... but they didn't because hes just their fall guy until it blows over... And my Jets rant is over... no disrespect...

Get your snowsuits out kids the Packers are coming to town and its gonna snow!

Good luck everyones teams!!

Pagan
12-16-2010, 02:55 PM
I just read about Westhoff pointing fingers at the Patriots. That's high school stuff. Very disappointed.

gueli
12-16-2010, 08:45 PM
I just read about Westhoff pointing fingers at the Patriots. That's high school stuff. Very disappointed.

:thumbsup:

Nothing more to say, but I do concur...