PDA

View Full Version : laundry

sommer
12-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Trying to decide how much to pack - got me wondering... How much does it cost to do a load of laundry at the resorts?

BugeyedMuggy
12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
$2.00 per wash and about $2.00 to dry.

DizneyRox
12-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Much less than most airlines charge for extra bags.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Last time we were there it was $2 to wash and $2 to dry

sommer
12-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks. I am planning on doing a load of laundry. With the wide range of temps I think we'll be packing some of everything!

FenwayGirl
12-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Try and bring some packets of laundry det as well..theirs are pretty expensive.

CanadianWDWFan
12-13-2010, 04:14 PM
The good thing is that the laundy facilities are usually right beside the pool area. So you can easily turn a laundry trip into a pool trip!!

Melanie
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
The good thing is that the laundy facilities are usually right beside the pool area. So you can easily turn a laundry trip into a pool trip!!

If it's not in the 40s like it is today. ;)

Genie1953
12-13-2010, 11:12 PM
We packed some laundry soap/fabric softener sheets. They are laundry soap and fabric softener combined in one sheet. Can't remember what brand they are but they come in a box and I found them located in the laundry soap area at the grocery store. You just drop it in the washer and then when you transfer the clothes over into the dryer the laundry soap/fabric softener sheet just goes with it and it then becomes a fabric softener sheet. It was wonderful. I first heard about these right here on Intercot....was sure glad I did. It was so easy to pack them in our luggage.

Buttercup
12-13-2010, 11:22 PM
We packed some laundry soap/fabric softener sheets. They are laundry soap and fabric softener combined in one sheet. Can't remember what brand they are but they come in a box and I found them located in the laundry soap area at the grocery store. You just drop it in the washer and then when you transfer the clothes over into the dryer the laundry soap/fabric softener sheet just goes with it and it then becomes a fabric softener sheet. It was wonderful. I first heard about these right here on Intercot....was sure glad I did. It was so easy to pack them in our luggage.
They're called Purex 3-in-1... detergent, fabric softener and dryer sheet all in one! :thumbsup:

Ksmith75
12-14-2010, 07:54 PM
We always do laundry 1/2 way between the trip. We go for 10 days - usually in apr/may - (going in feb this year - 74 more days) so that is an outfit for the parks during the morning day and an outfit for evening or dinner, which would be way too much to pack. We use the Purex 3-1 sheets too....they are great!

princessjojo
12-14-2010, 08:01 PM
We keep the Purex sheets in our travel box. It's a box of things we find we always purchase on nearly every vacation (cups, paper plates, garbage bags, laundry detergent, coffee, dish soap...) that way we don't have to get those thing every trip.

These sheets are great and easy to use.

divinedi
12-19-2010, 11:32 AM
We always do laundry one day as well, and just make it a relaxed day, or morning for that day. I usually bring a book, or if it's nice, go for a swim, it generally doesn't take much more than an hour or hour and a half, if you can get enough machines together and wash everything at the same time (I generally have two loads, one light and one dark). I always bring soap, I have sensitive skin so need the no dye/no perfume soap, plus as mentioned it's expensive there! It's just so much better than being loaded down with luggage and possibly paying the extra, and gives us a break/quiet day while we are there to go swimming or just hang out and take in the sights of the resort!