PDA

View Full Version : 2nd solo trip

pokci
12-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Loved it - 11/29 - 12/5/2010. I flew into MCO and got on DME, met a nice family from my area. Arrived at Wilderness Lodge - great staff, prompt check in. Great room.

PROS - at the pool every afternoon without feeling like I needed to tag along or entertain anyone. Stayed at the pool as long or as short as I wanted. Great conversations with servers since they have more time to spend with you. Talked to people when I wanted to, otherwise, people watched. Quicker counter service as they are only filling an order for one. No need to see if the person(s) with me is keeping up or went ahead or is feeling too tired to go on, or too energetic for me to go on! :mickey: Easy to find seating anywhere for one, slept in or didn't, room all to myself, went on the things I like - over and over, ate at the Kringla Cafe almost every day! When I dined alone at table service places there was no one to admonish me about the prices! :secret:

CONS: truly can't think of any. This time, breaking my own rule, I kept the cell phone with me instead of leaving it in the room. So in those very rare moments when I felt like I wanted to connect with someone, I snapped a picture and sent it! :mickey: The only other CON I find is that OTHER people are weirded out or somehow uncomfortable sometimes when you answer that you are travelling alone. :D

This was my second trip solo and I would do it again. Disney is a great place to try this out - so many business folks end up going alone that it's okay. :thumbsup:

faline
12-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Glad you were able to do Disney your way!

Disney4us2
12-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Sounds like you had a great time.

I had the chance to go to Disneyland solo recently and loved it.

lynnek
12-12-2010, 09:01 PM
I always find when I am solo that I am more aware of the smallest details. How fun that you can go to WDW solo!

Sylvia
12-12-2010, 09:42 PM
For many years, I traveled with 3 different groups of people. First and foremost, group 1 consisted of my Mother and me, and sometimes other family members. Groups 2 and 3 consisted of 2 different groups of friends. In the past few years, due to the passing of my Mom and several friends, I no longer have my travel groups, so most of my WDW trips are now solo. I've never felt strange or alone, and have met some great people who at times envied me because I was able to "do Disney my way". I've grown to love the luxury of sleeping late, doing what I wanted to do and not having to worry about with everyone else wanted to do, etc., etc., etc. I also regularly eat at TS spots, and always seem to sit near friendly people who like to share their experiences and hear about mine. I've always found that most CMs and other guests will smile back or talk if I smile or say hello or comment about the fun I've been having.

:blush: One of the best parts of being alone in WDW - staying at a value resort and not worrying about the size of the room. Or staying at a deluxe resort or at SoG and loving the luxury of having a huge room to myself. :blush:

:unsure: The downside - seeing or hearing something spectacular and not having someone right there with whom to share the experience. :unsure: But, as a poster has already said - my cell phone comes in handy. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-13-2010, 10:45 AM
sounds good to me

KylesMom
12-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Now that's some time well spent at Disney - no craziness, go where & when you want, spend what you want and eat whatever you're in the mood for at that moment. The trip sounds wonderful - glad you enjoyed Wilderness Lodge, too!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

BWayGrl
01-26-2011, 09:24 AM
I know this thread is about a month old, but I was wondering how many females out there are solo travelers? I'm 23, and have been to WDW about 20 times, so I know it very well. But I've never traveled alone. I always feel safe in Disney World, but I'm curious if any other girls out there have had any not-so-nice experiences while traveling alone.

Thanks!

disney obsessed
01-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I have gone on my own three times. It is great. I have been there about 30 times total as I have three kids 14 - 21.
It is a very differant experience. The oddest part is being alone in the hotel at night. If the parks are closing early, this is when I get a little lonely.
The cast members really took time to talk with me and even invited me to a cast party, but I did not go. In retrospect I should have. I always felt safe, but then again I always use precautions anywhere I am alone.
My favorite song is, you get what you give by the New Radicals. This is true in life. If you go with gusto and the desire to have fun, you will.
GO!:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
01-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the report! Glad to read that you had such a great time.

MadMadamMim
01-28-2011, 10:49 AM
To the 23 year old who asked about girls going alone. I'm 30 and just recently have started thinking about going alone. I like to go every year and this is the first year that no one I know wants to go (or has the financial means to go) so I may end up traveling alone for a few days. There are very few times when you're ever *alone* so I think I would always feel safe.

tmz814
02-06-2011, 12:54 AM
I just turned 30 and have been going alone for my last few trips to Disney. I am an only child, so I like to do my own thing. I love being able to ride whatever rides I want whenever I want. I just like the freedom of now having to worry about anyone else's schedule, etc. Also, I have never felt unsafe as a girl alone at Disney. :mickey:

Getting ready to do a solo weekend trip in a few weeks and I can't wait!