PDA

View Full Version : best hotel for short visit

waymickey
12-11-2010, 12:25 PM
We are headed to Disney in August of 2011 and we are only staying for a short time. We want to stay on site but spend a lot of money. So what is a best bang for the buck? All stars, POP or moderate hotels and if so which one? Thanks for any and all help.

Strmchsr
12-11-2010, 01:20 PM
It depends on 2 things: 1.) What discount is available and 2.) How much will you actually be staying at the resort? With regards to #2, if you're pretty much only sleeping at the resort and not using any of the amenities, then the moderates aren't worth it. They're very nice, but why pay for something you don't use? However, if you like the hang out at the pools, have extra dining options, and plan on enjoying the resort the moderate is worth it. If not, go for any of the values. They are all very nice.

Mousemates
12-11-2010, 01:26 PM
:ditto: to strmchsr above... with one caveat, if you need a larger bed to sleep well, then the queen beds at Coronado Springs are worth your consideration

LVT
12-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Values are fine if you are not on a lounging vacation. Disney is good at busing crowds around. It does take time to park hop or go back to the room, but you may find you need the breaks anyway. I have enjoyed POP many times and Riverside once. Just get up early!!

SandmanGStefani24
12-12-2010, 05:40 PM
agreed with the above posters.

I use the resort for a place to sleep, eat, and have a drink at the poolside bar. Other than the arcade I rarely use much else at the resort. Obviously there is little reason for me to spend the money for a moderate since I never spend more than a few days there. Longer stays would definately benefit from a more posh hotel but for quick stays values are the way to go.

mom2morgan
12-13-2010, 10:09 PM
I guess it depends on what factors into your "bang for your buck". For us, the moderates are definitely worth it - a nice compromise. I can't stomach the money of a deluxe at this point, but definitely like the atmosphere of Port Orleans, where we've stayed. The values just feel too "frantic" if you know what I mean. I love the parks, but need to feel like I'm getting some "down" time as well. As far as acutal amenities go, the option of a sit down restaurant and the quiet pools are both very important to us. Staying at a Value with less "pool" space and only the food court would leave us feeling deprived.

PittFan
12-14-2010, 08:19 AM
For a short stay i would definitely recommend the POP. We stayed there for 14 + days and had no complaints. Absolutely love the themeing, pools and food court there !!! Then again, we spend most of our time in the parks or DTD so we don't spend much time in the room at all. :mickey:

JerseyDad
12-14-2010, 10:24 AM
For a short stay i would definitely recommend the POP. We stayed there for 14 + days and had no complaints. Absolutely love the themeing, pools and food court there !!! Then again, we spend most of our time in the parks or DTD so we don't spend much time in the room at all. :mickey:

....I have to agree. Great theming....great poolside bar.....it's own bus line (saves time)....and the staff there has always proven to be great. Even though we're at the parks 90% of the time...it's really a great resort that lets you be both budget conscious...and have an enjoyable resort experience.

....and many of the rooms have been recently renovated too.

waymickey
12-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I think it will be POP for us in August. We are on a budget and spend about 70% of the time at the parks. As long as we have someplace to rest our heads at night we should be fine.