PDA

View Full Version : Our First of Three... Day 1 Travel and Arrival

Disney4us2
12-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Cast
Me: Marci
DD: Jessica 11

Our long awaited trip was finally here. We awoke at 3AM to get ready for our 4:30 AM pick up to the airport. LAX is about 45 minutes from our house. It took us no time at all for us to get to the airport, arriving around 5:15am. Going through TSA was a breeze. I went through the scanner, Jessica was sent through the metal detector.

Once through security we went to McDonalds for breakfast and then headed to our gate. I had my walker gate tagged and we were pre boarded. That made everything very easy. The flight was very smooth.

We arrived early and headed to DME. There was quite a line for our resort. It took us about 20 minutes to get on our bus. It was a very full bus stopping at CSR first and then all of the All Stars. We were at Movies and I knew we were the last stop. Didn't bother me at all, easier for me to move without all the people on the bus.

We did online check in and that went fast. I had requested the Fantasia buildings (I know, only a request and not guaranteed). We were assigned to the Toy Story building, ground floor. At first I was disapointed, but came to really like our location. It was only for one night anyway, so I didn't try to change it. I liked the Toy Story theming.

We went to the room to drop off our carry on bags and headed to MK to catch the monorail to the Poly for our dinner at Kona Cafe. We were there in no time at all. Checked in at Kona and waited for our table. I noticed all the people waiting for 'Ohana....wow. Our beeper went off and our table was ready. Jessica and I both had the noodles with shrimp and peanut sauce. It was fantastic. We also had dessert, I had the no sugar added apple tart. Jessica had a sundae, she was full and didn't want the Kona Kone.

After dinner we headed back to ASMO stopping at the gift shop first. Jessica was on a mission this time to shop till she dropped. Of course she found something. I asked if they accept Disneyland premium passes for the AP discount. They checked with the manager and said yes. I had to run back to the room to get my passes and back to the store to make the purchase. I was thrilled to know about the discount since I didn't expect it. Just an added bonus. Never hurts to ask, the worst they could say is no.

Time to go back to the room, it was late Florida time and we had an early morning moving to CBR.

Next up: moving day and Epcot.

vizsla
12-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the report.

Melanie
12-12-2010, 08:41 AM
I asked if they accept Disneyland premium passes for the AP discount. They checked with the manager and said yes. I had to run back to the room to get my passes and back to the store to make the purchase. I was thrilled to know about the discount since I didn't expect it. Just an added bonus. Never hurts to ask, the worst they could say is no.

Wow! I've never heard that they did that. :thumbsup:

Great first day! :mickey:

faline
12-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Glad you arrived and are starting your vacation!

KylesMom
12-13-2010, 09:33 AM
After your long wait and all of the planning you've done, I'm glad to hear you arrived safely without issues! Looking forward to reading about you & DD's adventures! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Sounds like a good start

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
sounds like a great travel day..and that the vacation is starting off great! :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
12-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Glad you got the discount! Nice surprise. :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
12-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Though it was an early start, you too seemed to have a great first day! Looking forward to reading what resort you're moving too....

princessgirls
12-29-2010, 01:52 PM
You are off to a good start!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey: