PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on how I can ride EE?

Disney Hungarian
12-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Any suggestions on how I can ride EE?

I have never rode EE. I will be taking my mom who is in a wheelchair to WDW tomorrow. I want to know if there is a way that I could ride it and leave mom safely for not more than 5 minutes.

Thanks in advance. I can't respond to posts with my blackberry, but I can read them. I will be checking this thread periodically while I am there.

faline
12-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Unfortunately, I can't think of a way you can do this. If you were travelling with another adult and could trade off with that person, you might be able to do it.

Disney Hungarian
12-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks Linda,
Nope. It is just me and mom again. No worries. If I can't ride it then I just can't ride it. Not the end of the world. I just have always wanted to try it. It wasn't open in 2005 when I went. Then in 2006 I just flew in for the day to eat at CRT with the family during a reunion. And last October I had mom and couldn't figure a way to do it. I was hoping against hope that someone had faced the same situation and overcame it.

Disney Hungarian
12-10-2010, 07:19 PM
At SM I was able to take mom all the way to the loading area and when I was boarding a CM took mom to the exit and waited with her till I got off. At RNR I was able to take mom through the line and met a mother who was not going to ride with her son. I took mom through the line to the gift shop to wait with the nice woman and went back through the door to the loading area and rode. Met mom in the gift shop maybe 5 minutes later. I was just hoping that EE had a set-up like that.

DizneyRox
12-10-2010, 07:23 PM
They might... Talk to the single rider line CM. Last time I was there, the single rider line was adequate enough to hold a wheelchair, and I think the loading/unloading platforms are connected.

I don't see why they wouldn't accomodate, IF it's possible. If they have reworked the single rider line it my not be as easy/possible.

faline
12-10-2010, 07:23 PM
It's possible that you will meet up with someone (perhaps a cast member) who will help you but, being familiar with the issues of those who have Alzheimer's, it can be difficult.

Disney Hungarian
12-10-2010, 07:45 PM
being familiar with the issues of those who have Alzheimer's, it can be difficult.
I have learned a trick that others may benefit from. When I have to use the restroom, I call a friend or family member and tell them what is happening and hand mom the phone. She is so occupied with the phone call that she stays calm until I get back. It has been my experience that the family restrooms at WDW are used more for convenience and privacy, rather than need and they are never available when I need one.:)

Disney Hungarian
12-10-2010, 08:03 PM
They might... Talk to the single rider line CM. Last time I was there, the single rider line was adequate enough to hold a wheelchair, and I think the loading/unloading platforms are connected.

I don't see why they wouldn't accomodate, IF it's possible. If they have reworked the single rider line it my not be as easy/possible.
Thanks, I will ask a CM. In all honesty, Disney is the most handi-capable friendly place I have ever been.

Nut4DW
12-10-2010, 11:41 PM
We will be at the Animal Kingdom tomorrow afternoon if everything goes well with our flight. I would be happy to wait with your mom while you try EE - it is my favorite ride and the first place we will go when we get there. I am not sure exactly what time that will be - prob around 2 pm - if I can help you send me a private message and we will work it out. Everybody should have a chance to go looking for that yeti.....

Disney Hungarian
12-11-2010, 05:04 AM
We will be at the Animal Kingdom tomorrow afternoon if everything goes well with our flight. I would be happy to wait with your mom while you try EE - it is my favorite ride and the first place we will go when we get there. I am not sure exactly what time that will be - prob around 2 pm - if I can help you send me a private message and we will work it out. Everybody should have a chance to go looking for that yeti.....That is so nice of you! Thank you!

I may not be able to take you up on your offer though. I wont make it to WDW till after 4pm today. I will send u a PM.

kakn7294
12-11-2010, 01:30 PM
The single rider line would work only if someone is willing to take your mom to the gift shop where the ride exits. Ask a CM when you get there. Good luck!