PDA

View Full Version : Booked ressie for Candlelight Processional Dinner Package and NEED opinions

jean in nh
12-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi all, Tokyo Dining was my absolute last choice for choice of restaurants but it was the only one where I could get a reservation. Looking for opinions and can someone who does NOT like sushi or really Japanese food, enjoy a meal there? How is the atmosphere and staff? What recommendations for a good meal for non-Japanese food aficionados. Thanks so much!!

disneymom2000
12-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Wow That's gonna be tough. If you are doing the teppanyaki at least each course is done separately. But if you really don't like Japanese food this is probably a bad choice. If you have time, you might try calling again to see if anyone cancels their reservation. Or if all else fails, you could try the morning of the day you want to see it and actually visit the restaurant of your choice to see if they could fit you in and make sure they can do the processional package at that time.:(

jean in nh
12-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Well, I should say, first of all, that I'm looking out my window at freezing rain/sleet in NH. My husband and son are at WDW for the week and I'm trying to help them with ressies etc. They actually enjoyed their dining experience at Tokyo Dining because they were seated by the window and had a lovely view of lagoon and people walking outside. They weren't crazy about the food but overall, they enjoyed the experience. Thanks for writing. :number1:

2MuchWDFun
12-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I disagree with the others that say it will be difficult for you to enjoy your meal at Tokyo Dining.

We loved our meal there last Christmas--
My husband and I are not into sushi--my son loves it. We all had a great meal.

You can order a grilled steak, chicken or fish. You'll get rice and steamed vegetables for your sides. We also enjoyed the tempura fried shrimp and scallops. Light and crispy--deliciousness!

Japanese food is pretty straight forward and simple (except for sushi), as far as the ingredients and flavors go. The most Japanese flavor I can think of is teriyaki and ginger, so if you don't like those flavors, just ask the chef not to include it with your steak or whatever you decide not to get.
The atmosphere is very nice. The chocolate ginger cake was very yummy. I'm sure you'll enjoy your meal there!

jean in nh
12-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks for posting-my husband and son did enjoy their meal with the exception of the wasabi!
I don't think you can get a bad meal at Epcot.