PDA

View Full Version : Wizarding World of Disney Day 6

brownie
12-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Well, it was up and at them early again on Monday, 11-29-2010, to get to the Magic Kingdom. We had breakfast at Everything Pop and then drove to the Transportation & Ticket Center. From there we took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We caught the opening show at Main Street Station, but what a pain! I think it was better when they let you down Main Street before the park officially opened.

Once in the park, our neighbors headed to get their breakfast at the Main Street Bakery, so we headed to Adventureland. We walked right on the Jungle Cruise. We had a great skipper, although I think most of the people on the boat were still sleeping. Or maybe I was the only one who thought he was funny.

We were joined by our neighbors after riding the Jungle Cruise, so we stayed in Adventureland and walked on to Pirates of the Caribbean. We took the left line so I missed the pirates playing chess.

After riding Pirates of the Caribbean, we headed over to Frontierland. The wait times were short for both Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, so we didn't get Fastpasses. We walked on to Splash Mountain and got wetter than I've ever gotten on that ride. We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, practically walking onto it as well.

We headed to Liberty Square for the Haunted Mansion. Michele went to get us Fastpasses for Space Mountain. They shut the Haunted Mansion down while we were in line so we headed to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. We then used our Fastpasses for Space Mountain. Bob & Justin did not ride it, so thanks to that and some gift Fastpasses, Mark, Zach, Nick, & I rode it again. While we were doing that, everyone else headed over to Mickey's Philharmagic to see about Fastpasses for that. They didn't get Fastpasses. I didn't get the whole story but the line was short (we almost went right in to the theater) and they were using the Fastpass kiosks for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. After we watched Mickey's Philharmagic, we headed back to Tomorrowland.

We got in line for Stitch's Great Escape. The line kept growing but they weren't letting anyone in. From the sounds of it, there were some problems with the attractions. We had a 1:25pm advance dining reservation for Tony's Town Square, so we got out of line and headed over there.

Tony's Town Square was busy but they got us in a little early. What a different experience from the Sci-Fi Dine-in. It was also the first place Justin, Mark, and Nick were able to order from the adult menu. The food was very good and I'd go back there again. After lunch, we went back to Pop Century to swim and relax.

We returned to the Magic Kingdom around 6pm and went on Stitch's Great Escape. I enjoyed it, although I can't make the comparison to Alien Encounter since I never experienced that. We then went to the Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor. We enjoyed it. Bob was put on camera and told he was in a dancing mood. He got right up and danced, and he got so into it he was dancing up and down the aisle! It was pretty funny!

We went to Fantasyland and rode It's a Small World and then tried to go to Pecos Bill's for dinner. They used to have hot dogs I thought but didn't have any on the menu. So, it was to the Outpost for us for dinner. After dinner, we watched the Main Street Electrical Parade from Pecos Bill's. On of the little floats broke down and they had to bring in a tractor to pull it.

After the parade, we headed towards the castle to see Wishes. We made it as far as the bridge from Adventureland to the hub, and everyone stopped. So, we watched Wishes from there. After Wishes, we headed to the Haunted Mansion. Michele and Zach headed back to Pop Century while the rest of us rode our doom buggies. After the Haunted Mansion, we rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, so I could see what it was like at night. I thought the people in the buildings would be more interesting, but it was still cool to ride it at night.

We returned to Adventureland and saw the Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management. It was a decent show but it was not crowded.

Nick wanted to ride Dumbo, so we headed over to Fantasyland and he and Mark got in line for Dumbo. While we were waiting, Justin and I had some ice cream and Sharon had her picture taken with Chip & Dale. After Mark and Nick rode Dumbo, we called it a night and headed back to Pop Century.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-09-2010, 04:52 PM
thanks for reporting

faline
12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Really fun Magic Kingdom day! Since that's my favorite park, I always enjoy reading trip reports about visits here!

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: