PDA

View Full Version : How many days?

mom2morgan
12-08-2010, 06:19 PM
So, maybe I'm nuts. Here is the thing - we are in Alberta so the air fare is one of the biggest costs of getting to Florida. for that reason, we only go every two years. First time in 2006, second in 2008 - this summer we tried Disneyland (a bit cheaper for us) and we are planning for May of 2012. So how many days should I budget? The first time we went we were there for 5 days, figuring one per park plus Seaworld. Left feeling like it had all been "rush, rush, rush" and we'd missed a lot. Next time we doubled that - 8 whole days! Of course we threw in Seaworld, Discovery Cove and two days at Universal, so guess what? Felt like we'd done everything but still felt like it was rush, rush, rush! My husband INSISTS that this time we plan for a "down" day or two plus at least one water park. Still want to try Universal - esp. with the new Harry Potter land! - and Seaword always a "must do". What do you think? I figure 11 should do it, but I'm crazy enough to consider attempting 14....

faline
12-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Why not go for 14? I'd certainly suggest 14 days. I live on the East Coast. We've gone to Hawaii a few times - I wouldn't consider going for fewer than 14 days. It's too long a trip and too expensive to get there without staying for a longer period of time!

Ms. Mode
12-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I'd go for 14 too, but you'll still probably feel like everything was rushed. It's because you just want to see and do everything! :mickey:

LVT
12-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, we are up to 14 nights/15 days. I plan on escalating further once it is down to hubby and I.:party: