PDA

View Full Version : Wizarding World of Disney Days 1 & 2

brownie
12-08-2010, 01:16 PM
The months of planning and waiting finally ended on 11-24-2010 as we departed on our journey for Orlando. Headed out were the four of us, Steve, Sharon, Justin, & Mark. We would be joined at Walt Disney World by our neighbors, Bob, Michele, Nick, and Zach.

It was a late start on the road for us since Mark had school all day on the 24th. We made it to our hotel in Lexington, KY around 10pm. We stayed at a Microtel that was so-so (I've stayed at other Microtels that were much nicer.) It wasn't too bad since we only needed a place to stay.

We were on the road by 7am on 11-25-2010 for our long day of driving. We had breakfast at the hotel and grabbed some Starbucks before getting on I-75. Traffic was light until we were almost to Georgia. The drive would have been easier if more people would drive the speed limit and would stay to the right except to pass, but we still made good time. We had trouble finding a place to eat lunch (it was Thanksgiving day) around Macon, GA. All the fast food places were closed and we ended up at an IHOP. We were surprised since we didn't have trouble finding places open when we made this trip in 2003.

We made it to Ocala around 8pm or so and checked in to the Comfort Suites, which was very nice. We had dinner at the Town & Country Diner next door to the hotel. Sharon and I were able to get turkey dinners at least. The clerk at the hotel told us John Travolta will stop at the Town & Country Diner for ice cream when he flies in late; we didn't spot him in the area. After dinner we were able to relax a little and get a decent night's sleep before heading out for Walt Disney World in the morning.

KylesMom
12-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Almost there - I hope the remainder of your journey is a safe one down the road. Looking forward to reading more! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a good start

faline
12-08-2010, 04:30 PM
That's a lot of driving! At least you managed a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving!

Suz36
12-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Glad you didn't hit more traffic on that busiest of all travel days!

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: