PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Info

ozmom
12-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Friends stayed last weekend at Grand Californian, when they booked their room for two nights they received a promotional rate of approx. $295. per night. They did request a room with bunk bed. Upon checkout the bill due was over $700. after having already paid for the first night upon booking. There total paid was approx. $1200. The only response they received from the hotel was that they had an upgraded room because it was pool view. My friend has stated to me that they never requested an upgraded room, they did ask for bunk bed but were never told that it would be an upgrade with additional cost. I have advised that they should send a letter to Disney. I have found a P.O. box address, I was wondering if anyone had a direct email so he could send an email immediately.:(

mom2morgan
12-19-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't have an email, just wanted to say how disappointed I am that they had that experience! It doesn't seem right that they weren't told that was an additional charge, and it doesn't seem like good customer relations to brush them off that way. I will say that I don't hold out a lot of hope - I've heard that Disney is notoriously poor about responding to complaints from customers who have already paid in full and finished their vacation :-(

Friends stayed last weekend at Grand Californian, when they booked their room for two nights they received a promotional rate of approx. $295. per night. They did request a room with bunk bed. Upon checkout the bill due was over $700. after having already paid for the first night upon booking. There total paid was approx. $1200. The only response they received from the hotel was that they had an upgraded room because it was pool view. My friend has stated to me that they never requested an upgraded room, they did ask for bunk bed but were never told that it would be an upgrade with additional cost. I have advised that they should send a letter to Disney. I have found a P.O. box address, I was wondering if anyone had a direct email so he could send an email immediately.:(

NotaGeek
12-19-2010, 03:13 AM
I am sorry this happened to your friends -- but a note to those out there reading this. Under NO circumstances should you ever walk away from a Hotel Counter and pay a bill you don't agree with. Ask for a manger IMMEDIATELY and demand it be fixed -- once a hotel has your money, essentially they won the fight. I have worked in travel for 15 years -- trust me, complaints are handled quickly and more efficiently when you are at the front desk and demand that they are fixed on the spot.

Please tell your friend to call the Disneyland Hotel and ask for a manager -- do not write a letter. (714) 778-6600