PDA

View Full Version : Here now! Live from the world 12-4 and 12-5

luvDaMouse
12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I wrote a whole report for Sunday and the site timed me out :( so I will do a short report with 2 days in one. Sunday 12-4 we headed to DHS I got a locker to put our gloves and extra fleeces in because we were not going back to the resort to change today. Tried to get fast passes for tsm but they were gone already ( it was only 11am:confused: ) we got on a boat to go to BC and BW and saw their decorations. Both were chocolate. Bw had a fireplace scene and bc had a carousel. Bc had a big model train set also. We hopped back on the boat and went back to DHS for our ressies at mamma melrose. Not my favorite meal but it was ok. I used my TIW card and saved 8$ there. I am logging all my savings with TIW so I can determine if that saves me
more than Disney dining. We saw the Osborne
lights, which were absolutely amazing!!! We
tried to get into the tune in lounge for a snack
and ice cream but it was busy and people were
camped out at the bar and seemed like they
were not going to leave any time soon. So we
walked over to espn and watched football and
had nachos and chicken dingers. I used my TIW
card there and saved 9$ there. We took the bus
back to DHS and got a a resort bus back to the
akv. It has been nice during the day but nights have been pretty cold, little did I know what Monday would bring...

Monday 12-5 we slept in a bit I went down to the Mara it was my day for Mickey waffles:) I brought them back to the room and we had breakfast there. BOY was was it cold out today. I was going to have to put more layers on. I had on a long sleeve shirt over a t-shirt then a sweatshirt then a fleece with a scarf and gloves whew! We headed out to ak today went on the safari first 20 min wait then did both jungle treks. Lots of animals out today ( with the exception of some that can't tack the cold) then we left to go back to the resort for lunch. Had the butternut squash soup at mara ( so good) we went back to the room and there was a giraffe, zebras, and cattle outside our room. I think they let them in our area later in the afternoon because they are never out in the am. I guess if you hit the parks first thing and don't come back till night it would not be worth the points to have a savannah view room. We piled on the clothes again and grabbed a bus to MK saw the tree lighting again then headed out to get a boat for fort wilderness for our ressies at trails end. It was COLD holy cow I kept asking people "we are in Florida right?" they accept the TIW card here so I saved 9$ here. We had a sleigh ride reserved at 8:30 which we did right after dinner ( thank goodness they had blankets on the sleigh) we took a tour around some of the loops which are decorated to the hilt! So creative! If you can get there I highly recommend it:thumbsup: we had to get a boat back to MK and transfer to a resort bus to get home. It was about 35 degrees and very windy we were freezing MK was open till 1am there was no way were staying there so we went back to our room and peeled off the layers of clothes and went to bed. I hope that tomorrow it warms up? But I think that's wishful thinking. I can say I don't like the cold at all and we rather have it really stinking hot out if given the choice:secret: but we are making the best of it. Trying to do everything during the day when the sun is out.

Up tomorrow we will go back to MK to see the afternoon parade and visit the contemporary and the poly.
Thanks for reading!
Dana:mickey:

My dates should be for Sunday 12-5 and Monday 12-6

luvDaMouse
12-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Can't figure how to edit my thread, the dates are wrong it should be Sunday 12-5 and Monday 12-6
:blush:

faline
12-07-2010, 10:39 AM
I, too, would much rather have it a bit warmer than too cold! I've been in Florida when we've had some pretty frigid temperatures! Still, you had fun!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
sounds great even with the cold:freeze:

forever a child
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the report! We will be there next week so it is good to know what to expect! I hope it warms up for you a bit!:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
12-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Wow-it is really chilly. Glad you are prepared! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time...

Suz36
12-14-2010, 10:40 PM
The sleigh ride through Fort Wilderness sounds wonderful! I was wondering what the best way is to see all the decorated campsites - this sounds like a great option!

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: