PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who live around WDW

TinyDancer
12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
What is traffic like trying to drive in and around WDW on a weekday? If we were to arrive on a Monday morning would we be hit with a lot of traffic coming down 95 then to Property?

Thanks!

JabberJaws
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I lived and worked at WDW for 2 years in total (1 year in 2002, 1 year in 2005) and can safely say that I-4 from Orlando to Tampa ALWAYS has traffic - morning, noon and night, 7 days a week. Obviously rush hour is worse and weekends are heavy due to tourism traffic. Also night time around when Universal closes you can get hit w/ the dump of people leaving universal and getting onto I-4. I have, however, been stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic at random times on random days for no reason (no wreck or anything) and at other times the traffic moves freely. So it is impossible to predict.

That being said, I would still avoid the obvious rush hour times and then just hope for the best. My experience has been though that traffic is usually fine on 95 past Jacksonville to I-4, then from I-4 to close to Orlando. Once you hit O-town is when you will likely run into thicker traffic, but thankfully you shouldn't be in it for long.

DonLefNY
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I live near WDW for part of the year (down here now). I do anything to avoid I-4 in Orlando at any time of the day. Coming down I-95, I take I-4 to 417 and then head into the WDW area that way.