PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside Luggage Question

familyof5
12-07-2010, 08:51 AM
My family is driving to DW for our first trip this week and staying at POR. Silly question...we're staying in the Alligator Bayou section...how do we get all of our luggage, food, etc to our room? Do we have to carry it all ourselves or is there a cart or something? Sorry if this is a silly question, but we've never stayed in a resort that wasn't attached to the main building before! Thanks!

Twinsowner
12-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I recently just returned from Aliigator Bayou. There are parking lots that are very close to most of the rooms. We were a family of 5 and in section 14. we were able to park right outside the door of our room and unloaded with ease in aboput 15 minutes. Now I am sure there are some rooms that cannot be reached so easily. We also had most of our things packed in large suitcases or duffles and boxes to minimize the number of trips. Honestly I unloaded most of it myself while the kids stretched their legs. It was no problem. Hopefully you will get a close room also.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Call the front desk. Some one will come help you unload. Don't forget to tip!

Kaps
12-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Request a room close to the lot. There are plenty and the walk would be short

#1donaldfan
12-07-2010, 12:37 PM
All rooms are relatively close to a parking lot, however I have seen, at times, CM's on golf carts moving luggage. I'm sure it's for the visior with special needs, but it certainly couldn't harm to ask !! Have fun on your 1st trip to POR ... your gonna love it !!:thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
If you arrive using the ME bus system, then the resort will move your bags to your rooms for you.

We just returned from a 9 night stay at POR-AB section, building 26. We were about equidistant from the main South Depot and the West Depot. Right in front of the main lobby (outside) is bell services. They will take or retrieve your luggage for you. There is no set fee for this service, although it is customary to tip the bell service staff. The only catch may be that you would get the bags to your rooms immediately. On the evening prior to our departure I called Bell Service and arranged to have them at our room at 7:00 am, they loaded everything up and took it to their storage area in the main building where I was able to retrieve it later in the morning.

My assumption is that same would hold true on arrival. You would deposit your bags with Bell services and they would deliver to your room. What I don't know is if they would do it immediately or within a certain window.

I did not see any resort guests pushing luggage carts around the resort during any of the days of our stay.

CleveRocks
12-07-2010, 07:21 PM
You're staying in a nice hotel that has a department called Bell Services. Pamper yourself while you're on vacation and pay the customary $1 or $2 per bag tip to have a Bell Services cast member transport your bags between the main building and your room.

There are no luggage carts available for guests to use themselves.

garymacd
12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Get there before your room is ready and check your bags with Bell Services. When you get in your room, they will bring them to you.