PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 13, the good the bad and the ugly

gueli
12-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Wow just watched the jets get killed by the patriots...

The Good: Our offense stunk. Our defense stunk. Our special teams floundered. oh right this is the good...ok at least we did not give up 50 points.

The Bad: Patriots are the better team. Took us apart. Ran up the score. our defense couldnt stop them

The UGLY: The NY Jets. How they played. How our coaches did. Shottenheimer...:mad:

So tell me what you saw ...

Go Jets
were #32 :number1: (THIS GUY DOESNT HAVE 45 fingers)

WDWfanatic742
12-07-2010, 01:48 AM
The Good: Atlanta is 10-2 and keep on coming back to win games. Now we get Carolina twice and Seattle to finish out the year with New Orleans Christmas weekend.

The Bad: That we have to keep on coming back to win games.

The Ugly: I live in Florida (Granted it's South), yet instead of getting Tampa Bay and Atlanta as a regional game, I get Dallas and Indianapolis which is the national game. It went into overtime, yet the Atlanta and Tampa Bay game was much more exciting. But because it's "Dallas", they have to show it nationally even when they are 4-8. Stuck watching RedZone which is an awesome channel but they were at the Dallas game during some of the critical points in the Atlanta game which was frustrating.

Ugh...

Ian
12-07-2010, 07:54 AM
The Ugly: I live in Florida (Granted it's South), yet instead of getting Tampa Bay and Atlanta as a regional game, I get Dallas and Indianapolis which is the national game. It went into overtime, yet the Atlanta and Tampa Bay game was much more exciting. But because it's "Dallas", they have to show it nationally even when they are 4-8. Stuck watching RedZone which is an awesome channel but they were at the Dallas game during some of the critical points in the Atlanta game which was frustrating.I completely agree. I realize some of these schedules are set well in advance, but I was really annoyed that I got Dallas vs. Indy which isn't even a conference game let alone a divisional game!

Not to mention that it was completely irrelevant in terms of the playoffs!!! They need to do a better job of flexing these schedules, because the fact that I got that game and not a divisional matchup between two playoff contenders in Atlanta and Tampa is just a disgrace. I refused to watch the game strictly on principle!!

Anyway .... The Eagles ...

The Good: Nice come-from-behind win on a short week of prep. Feels like less of a victory, though, since pretty much every other NFC contender outside of Tampa won as well.

The Bad: The realization that their defense just isn't even close to good enough for them to truly contend for a championship. The absence of Asante Samuel has made it glaringly obvious just how little depth we have at corner. Although in fairness, Ellis Hobbs is on IR so they did lose their #2. Although I'd make the case that having injury-prone, mediocre Ellis Hobbs as your #2 corner was a disaster waiting to happen anyway, so whose fault is it really? Oh right ... Andy Reid's. :secret:

The Ugly: Ugh ... I hate to say this ... it pains me it really does, but the Cowboys are playing well. The Eagles have to play them not once but twice between now and the end of the season and if they can't find a way to win those games they're in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

SBETigg
12-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Wow just watched the jets get killed by the patriots...

So tell me what you saw ...

Well, I'm a Pats fan. There is no Bad or Ugly this week. It's all Good. :cool:

JanetMegan
12-07-2010, 08:48 AM
That game last night was brutal! I thought at least it would be a good game...I guess if you are a NE fan it was ;)

Falcons are playing well, but a little too close for comfort-I agree with David that these coming from behind games are a little worrysome, but I do think we have great schedule strength for the rest of the regular season.

Didn't realize the Eagles play the Cowboys twice-ouch. The Cowboys who I'm not really especially a fan of...have really turned things around and it's sort of a shame the first half of their season was so terrible...

princessgirls
12-07-2010, 09:13 AM
I missed all games on Sunday because I was in NYC all day:cool:

UGLY THE JETS!!!

Yes, I was reminded last night of WHY we haven't made a Superbowl since 1969, and HOW HARD it can be to be a JETS fan.
Worst beating by ANY team in the NFL this season said one announcer. :mad:

Not even one touchdown.
Rex better get busy beating those guys this week!

GOOD:Much excitement going into the playoffs. It's still wide open!
Great fun exciting season!

Julie:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I completely agree. I realize some of these schedules are set well in advance, but I was really annoyed that I got Dallas vs. Indy which isn't even a conference game let alone a divisional game!

Not to mention that it was completely irrelevant in terms of the playoffs!!! They need to do a better job of flexing these schedules, because the fact that I got that game and not a divisional matchup between two playoff contenders in Atlanta and Tampa is just a disgrace. I refused to watch the game strictly on principle!!

Not to mention that Fox was carrying both games and it couldn't have been that hard to just flex it. But they didn't, and now they have the Sunday Night game this week against Philadelphia. Yeah it's divisional, but they chose not to flex it last week over New England and Chicago who are 10-2 and 9-3 respectively. And by the way, also have the one and only Saturday night game week 16 against Arizona. :shake:

gueli
12-10-2010, 02:16 AM
a couple of comments-

1- get serius satelite radio to get all the games. I do enjoy listening (yeah I know its not the same as seeing, but at least if your trying to find out about 1 game, it gives you a good choice.

2- sbetigg - yeah it is all good for NE fans. I cant blame you for being elated at beating the jets so badly. I do think that when ne went for it on 4th and inches while leading by 35 late in the 4th, was pouring it on, especially with how our offense was playing. I hope the jets use this game to get their team on track

Pagan
12-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I do think that when ne went for it on 4th and inches while leading by 35 late in the 4th, was pouring it on, especially with how our offense was playing.
You had to expect that Guels. The way the team and Ryan were running their mouths all week...Ryan saying he was going up there to kick Belichick's (butt), all of them saying they were the better team, the NY media saying no way they were gunna lose.

I knew right after they went up 17-0 they were going to keep trying to score until the clock ran out. Ryan has painted a target on the Jets' backs with his comments.

They have to get better the last few weeks, because you know anyone who plays them now will be studying that NE game film.

gueli
12-10-2010, 08:37 PM
You had to expect that Guels. The way the team and Ryan were running their mouths all week...Ryan saying he was going up there to kick Belichick's (butt), all of them saying they were the better team, the NY media saying no way they were gunna lose.

I knew right after they went up 17-0 they were going to keep trying to score until the clock ran out. Ryan has painted a target on the Jets' backs with his comments.

They have to get better the last few weeks, because you know anyone who plays them now will be studying that NE game film.

you are correct about the last paragraph.
I only hope how the pats were pouring it on will come back to haunt them.
as far as the comments- I disagree. no matter what the jets said, or the media, or anyone else- the patriots would have gone for it, because they hate the jets. plain and simple. it doesnt matter what either side says, what their comments are, what their fans say - billicheck and brady love to embarrass any team they face. if it is the jets, or the dolphins even better.
One thing you can say is the buliten board material motivates the other team. Rex doesnt believe that, because you are motivated to play no matter what. I dont believe it also.
If the jets came out and said brady and new england were the best team in football, do you honestly believe the score, or how they got there, would be any different ?

Go jets :number1:
beat the dolphins :thumbsup:

by the way good luck to your team
(and that is not sarcasm, I consider it part of good sportsmanship)

SBETigg
12-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey, if the Jets were embarrassed, they had no one to blame but themselves. The Pats don't seek to embarrass other teams. They just play the best they can when they are on the field, as every team does or would given the chance. The Jets would not have done it any differently if they were able, and after the Pats-Jets previous game, why would the Pats feel safe enough to back off at any point? They're not out there to hold hands. They're out there to play ball.

Now what were you saying about sportsmanship? Because your comments on the Pats did not sound like you were the best advocate for sportsmanship. I hope your team has a better week, and I hope mine can fend off the Bears.