PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Last Minute Thanksgiving in Disney

Beach Club Babe
12-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Friday, November 26th

After a fgood night's rest, we are up early and off to Epcot along with throngs of others! Wow is it packed! I haven't seen such crowds in a long time! Ashleigh and Emily head straight for Spaceship Earth, while Courtney goes off to get fastpasses for Soarin' and Ron, Hallie go to get some for Test Track. We all meet in front of The Land and go ride Nemo and of course do some fish watching for Emily. Next up was Figment nad of course Emily wanted to see Captain Eo again, but neither Ron or I wanted to put ourselves through that again. Courtney and Ashleigh have never seen it, so I beg one or both to take her. Neither wants to, so we all must suffer through. Funny, while I still do not like it, it did not seem as insufferable as last time.

Back to The Land we go and get ourselves some lunch at Seasons. It was a chicken leg and mashed potatoes for Asleigh, Mac N Cheese for Emily, Turkey Ciabattas for Ron and Courtney, and a reuben one for me. Hallie shared a bit of everyone's. We then got in a decent sized line for Living With The Land. I believe it turned out to be about 15 minutes. Hallie chose this time to have a huge meltdown as soon as we got on the boat. Really have to apologize to those riding with us, she has a huge set of lungs on her. We had another 15 minute wait until our Soarin fastpass window, so we sat and waited it out. Courtney and I used our fp's and then Ron used the baby swap with the girls. Next up was Test Track, so we reversed who waited with Hallie.

It was approaching 3:00 already and we had a 4:10 ADR at Boma. Every other time we have been to this restaurant, something has prevented us from getting there on time. I want to make sure we are there on time this time. We head to the exit and find an AKL bus waiting for us. We are there in no time and not only are we on time, we are quite a bit early. We bide our time waiting in the lobby. Dinner was wonderful as it has been on our other visits and we find ourselves stuffed to the gills. Ashleigh decides to head back to the room, while the rest of us head back to Epcot.

We head straight to World Showcase and find it almost impassable. It was a mob scene! We duck into Mexico and have a short wait for Gran Fiesta Tour. Emily wants to ride Maelstrom as well, but the line is way out the door. I promise to check back later. We make our way through the rest of the countries, stopping to watch as much of The Candlelight Processional as Hallie will allow. She certainly likes to remain on the move. When we have made it full circle, we got back to check on Maelstrom, the line is not quite as long, so we decide to wait it out.

Emily has been waiting for Mission: Space all day, and the time has finally come. We make our way there and find that the green side is posting a 5 minute wait, while the orange is posted at 30 min. Courtney decides on the green team, despite the fact she much prefers the orange. I'm not complaining since I have been recruited to ride as well. Once inside we find that there is no wait for either side, so we have chosen green for no real reason. Tonight is EMH here, and we had planned on staying. However, we have accomplished just about everything that we wanted, so we decide to head back.

Back at the room, we have our nightly chat with Matt and then hit the hay in hopes of another good night's sleep. Well that wasnot to be. About 3 AM I awoke to the sound that most parents dread. Someone was in the bathroom making a protein spill. I look around and discover it was Courtney. She made another 5 trips to the bathroom that night, so the two of us stayed up the rest of the night. At least the rest could sleep!

Part 3 to follow

RedSoxFan
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Well, the day started off good. Sorry to hear Courtney got sick. I hope she was well soon.

faline
12-06-2010, 08:30 PM
It certainly sounds like you were sharing the park with lots of others! Still, you got quite a lot accomplished. Sorry Courtney was not feeling well. Hopefully, she was better soon!

DisneyorBust
12-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Despite the crowds you seemed to get the most out of Epcot today. Sorry to read about your daughter, hopefully she was feeling better by the morning.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the report, sorry about getting sick:ill:

vizsla
12-08-2010, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
12-08-2010, 01:35 PM
You sure encountered your share of crowds today, Heather! Sounds like you had a nice day, though - right up until Courtney was ill. I hope that she rebounds quickly!

Suz36
12-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Sounds like a really fun day despite the crowds! I hope Courtney recovers quickly, and that no other family members fall prey to the bug!

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
01-02-2011, 09:46 AM
even though it was a crowded day at the parks..sounds like you all still had fun and were able to do a decent amount of things..
and ugh..sooo sorry to hear about courtney..thats gotta stink!

January-2007
02-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks for reporting.