View Full Version : Our First Holiday Trip Part Six

Stu29573
12-06-2010, 04:45 PM
11-22

This was day two for Animal Kingdom! As I mentioned in my last post, it was the first time I had done two days for DAK, and it actually was a good idea. The less rushed feel allowed us to really take in the sights and appreciate the park!

We ate at Pizzafari for lunch and it was ok. I still like counter service at Tamu Tamu or even Restaurantosaurus better. I know Flame Tree would be the best, but my wife is a vegetarian. We took in the safari again and went out to Rifikis Planet Watch. Interestingly enough, there was much more going on out there than when we last went in June. We even got to see a bird getting stitched up, which was neat (the bird was fine).

We went on Kali even though the temperature never got as hot as it was supposed to that day. I didn’t mind the dampness afterward, but my wife had other opinions! It seemed to take forever to dry! We ate at Yak and Yeti at 6:00 and even though it was still good, it wasn’t quite as good as last time. I put it down to my getting the fish instead of the steak and shrimp!

By the time we were done eating, the park was closed. By the way, once the time changes, the animals “go to bed” at 4:45 every afternoon. I only mention this because it seems a little early and it might be easy to miss an animal attraction because of it. We didn’t, mainly because we took two days!

We headed back to the resort once again and started planning our next day. It would be a full day in the Magic Kingdom!

faline
12-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Very nice Animal Kingdom day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the report

Suz36
12-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Another great AK day! We're looking forward to spending more time at Rafiki's - last time we were there we were lucky enough to catch a tiger's annual exam! It was amazing!

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: