PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how to do this

WLGirl
12-06-2010, 01:23 PM
We are heading down on Dec. 12th and staying at All Star Sports for 2 nights. On the morning of the 14th my husband is leaving about 6:00am to head to West Palm Beach to pick up our daughter from college. We are changing resorts this day and was wondering the easiest way to do this. I was thinking my daughter and I would pack up the morning of the 14th and just take a taxi to POFQ, and have them hold our luggage if the room isnt ready. Does anyone know about how much a taxi would cost? Also would they hold our luggage if we aren't using Magical Express? Or do you have other ideas? I'm open to about anything. My husband probably wouldn't get back until out 1:00 in the afternoon.

DizneyRox
12-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I would have bell services move your luggage. They will pick it up in the room and deliver it to your new Disney resort.

That way you can worry only about getting yourself to the new resort. Honestly, I would head to a park and enjoy your day, check-in when you are done or want to meet your SO back at the new resort. I wouldn't worry about a Taxi, enjoy the/a day in the parks.

You can (probably should) tip bell services for their assistance but other than that it's a courtesy. You luggage I think might not be at the new resort until after 3ish.

WLGirl
12-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Bell services does sound like a good idea. Do I have to have any special luggage tage for that?

DizneyRox
12-06-2010, 04:06 PM
They will mark the bags with their final destination...You can either lug the bads down to bell services yourself, or call them and they will pick them up in your room.

This is only a courtesy between Disney owned and operated resorts. They don't do this to Swan/Dolphin from what I've heard. I think Swan/Dolphin will deliver to your Disney Resort, but Disney doesn't return the favor.

teambricker04
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
We did this from ASsports to BC and it worked like a DREAM to use the bell service. We packed up, called, they came and got everything and tagged it all, gave us tags to hold on to, we went to the parks for the morning, and at naptime we went to BC to check in. Once we got into our room, they brought us our bags. I had also had some boxes shipped and they were brought up at the same time.

I agree... use bell service and have a fun day!:mickey: