PDA

View Full Version : No "no expiration" Keys to the World

btharvey
12-06-2010, 07:18 AM
We purchased no expiration on our previous trip 1-1/2 years ago and plan to visit next summer, but we no longer have the original Keys to the World ... will the remaining three days we have be reissued when we attend once again on new Keys?

gerald72
12-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Without the cards, I think you lost them.

btharvey
12-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I still have the receipt and confirmation number from the original purchase -- won't their systems have kept track of what we used?

Goofy4TheWorld
12-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I still have the receipt and confirmation number from the original purchase -- won't their systems have kept track of what we used?

Yes, you will be able to retrieve your tickets, eventually, at least IMHO.

I am assuming that you next trip is a ROOM ONLY reservation, right?

Anyway, you will probably have to take your confirmation numbers, perhaps along with some details about when and where the tickets where purchased, to any Guest Relations window at any park or at DTD and explain your situation. They should be able to find the tickets and either re-issue them on a new plastic ticket or add them to your new KTTK card.

I do not think the front desk or the concierge desk will be able to help you at check-in, Guest Relations will probably have to do it. They did a similar thing for me in October and were looking at tickets bought in June. I feel pretty confident that they can do it (even if all they have is your name and when you stayed). I think the fact that your tickets were put on KTTK cards and not just tickets bought at the Disney Store or the OTC makes them able to help you with very little problem, where some other tickets may in fact be lost forever.

Buttercup
12-06-2010, 09:19 AM
No - because your receipt/confirmation number just says *what* you purchased. For all they know, you're showing them a receipt for tickets that have no more days left.
The actual tickets (keys) themselves have a serial number on the back that the computer reads to see how many days you have left. If you didn't write down those serial numbers, and you don't have the cards themselves, then you're out of luck.

Think of it like buying a Gift Card for someone. You can show the receipt all you want, but if the gift card gets lost, it's gone. :(

It actually used to say on the regular paper park tickets that you should copy down the number on the back of the ticket (or photocopy it) in case it gets lost -- that's their only way of issuing you a replacement.

btharvey
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
No - because your receipt/confirmation number just says *what* you purchased. For all they know, you're showing them a receipt for tickets that have no more days left.Then what happens when someone loses their card on the 2nd day of a 10-day stay? Do they need to purchase 8 more days?

Goofy4TheWorld
12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
We are all posting on top of each other, but I will restate that everything is linked, they can replace any ticket that they can find linked to you by your name (which in this case your tickets are linked to your name because they were on your Hotel key) or by original purchase transaction number, or any other method of tracking they can do. Disney is like Big Brother, they are watching...you spend your money.

Gift cards are replaceable too, I replace lost cards all the time because I leave them at the register because I am so scatter-brained. The original confirmation number will link them to the card number which will allow them to re-issue the remaining balance on a new card. Same way for tickets.

I actually replaced tickets twice during my June trip (that was a very stressful trip) because I was so clumsy. The only difference between me and you is that my tickets were on a current reservation where your tickets are on one that in 1 1/2 years old, but I would be surprised if that makes a difference.

Goofy4TheWorld
12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Also, I think you should call Guest Services at the 407 number and ask them to confirm that they can see your ticket purchase. I think they would be able to tell you on the phone that they can in fact see them and replace them after you show ID at Guest Relations once at WDW.

All informed speculation on my part, but I think they can do it. Just call.

btharvey
12-06-2010, 10:02 AM
We are all posting on top of each other

Thank you so much ... this makes me feel much better.

Also, I think you should call Guest Services at the 407 number and ask them to confirm that they can see your ticket purchase.

And to feel even better, I'll do this!!!

Thank you all!

brivers222
12-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Then what happens when someone loses their card on the 2nd day of a 10-day stay? Do they need to purchase 8 more days?

They do always say that upon getting your tickets and/or KTW cards you should either write down the barecode numbers on the back or take a picture. The iphone app records the tickets barcode so if lost you can take it to guest services and they will issue you the remaing balance.