PDA

View Full Version : Where for 30th Anniversary dinner?

ftwildernesskid
12-05-2010, 08:46 PM
My dad and stepmom will be celebrating their 30th anniversary at WDW on May 30th. My dad is wanting to plan something extra special for them that night. They will be on the dining plan, but he is also willing to pay for something out of pocket if it's something he really wants to do. I have never been to any of the signature restaurants. Does anyone have any suggestions about which would be the most romantic and special?

Disney Hungarian
12-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Without a doubt, Victoria & Albert's. I tip my hat to them, congrats on 30 years! Call (407) 939-3862 to reserve.

Joannelet
12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Vic and Alberts is great but VERY VERY expensive....and does not take the dining plan at all. We ate there for our first anniversary 9 years ago and the bill was over $300...so not sure if they want to spend that much money....
Other nice restaurants that are on the plan but can be 2 table credits are Cali Grill-very romantic, Artist Point another great restaurant.
I also love Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Fastpasssteve
12-08-2010, 01:05 AM
California Grill is a very opulent restaurant, but for a quiet, romantic dinner, I would suggest Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is delicious, thoughtfully prepared & presented.

The same goes for Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. Either of these places would offer a meal and an evening to remember. Great wine selections at either restaurant...plus beautiful grounds to wander before or after the meal...romantic.

Enjoy your stay!

MOJoe
12-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Monday May 30th, that's Memorial Day. I would assume that the parks and restaurants will be pretty busy on that date. The problem i have with a romantic dinner at a Disney restaurant is that most of them are quite loud. That is especially true if the parks are busy. So you may want to consider some "off the beaten path" places. Like at the Swan and Dolphin there are several great restaurants that are not fully booked all the time. Shulas, Bluezoo, and Il Mullino, will offer a more intimate experience.

As far as Disney places go, LeCellier and The Brown Derby seem to be less noisy. And for a wonderful setting, Cali Grill is hard to beat. Especially if you can eat while viewing Wishes. Very nice.

faline
12-08-2010, 10:20 AM
If it's in the budget, I would also suggest Victoria and Albert's.

PlutoPlanet
12-08-2010, 12:46 PM
We liked Citrico's and Narcossees. They are on the dining plan as 2 TS meals. Service and food are excellent in both restaurants.

ftwildernesskid
12-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I think he's going to pass on Victoria and Albert's, simply because of the cost. He's leaning toward Artist Point. I hadn't thought about the grounds there too, but it is quite lovely and would be a great place for a romantic stroll.

Gator
12-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I would go with Artist's Point. The food there is good&plenty yet fancy. And the decor and views are really good. It's not too over-the-top like V&As, and it's easier to get into than the California Grill.

DizneyRox
12-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Narcossees - We tried it for the first time a couple trips ago, and it's a must do. At some point we'll probably give V&A a try, but really on vacation, I don't want the trouble of the suit and tie, etc.

It was great, did it with a two year old and they were very accomodating with everything. I can see where at time it might be a little louder, but in WDW you're really going to have a hard time getting away from that.

PlutoPlanet
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Artist's Point is excellent too. We had the salmon on the cedar plank. They have other well themed entrees. The Wilderness Lodge is a magnificent building as well.

garymacd
12-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Without a doubt, Victoria & Albert's. I tip my hat to them, congrats on 30 years! Call (407) 939-3862 to reserve.

I have to agree with that! We are going for our 30th anniversary this May and I intend to have a great 8-course meal there, with wine pairing.

wdw dude
12-10-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll put in another vote for Artist Point. It's my favorite place to eat in all of Disney World. :thumbsup:

:mickey:

SBETigg
12-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Bistro de Paris is not on the dining plan, but is more affordable than V & A. It's very romantic, one of the very few places in WDW without a children's menu. It feels fancy and indulgent with tuxedoed waiters, excellent service, fine French food, and an exceptional setting overlooking World Showcase. There's crystal, china, and white linen tablecloths. A few dishes are prepared tableside. The staff knows when to be handy and when to stay out of your way. It's a wonderful experience, especially if you enjoy French food and fine dining.

Otherwise, I would choose the Signature that most suits their taste. Citricos is a tad more intimate than many of the Signatures and they share a kitchen with V & A, but are on the dining plan. Narcoossee's is great for seafood lovers (though they have good meat and veg dishes too), also Flying Fish Cafe. Artist Point has some ups and downs, which is why I haven't tried it yet. Jiko is a fun experience is they're more adventurous diners. Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shula's if they're steak lovers. California Grill offers a little of everything in a breathtaking atmosphere, but not as romantic with lots of kids around earlier in the evening (though eating the in wine room is a quiet, romantic experience). It really depends on who they are and what kind of dining they enjoy.

rubato
12-10-2010, 11:03 AM
My vote is for Citricos. It's a little less loud than California Grill and Narcoossee's, on the plan, and is very intimate and the food was amazing. Of course, I've never eaten at Artist Point, but will soon, I hope.

renecat
12-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Without a doubt Artist point is one of the best.It is not loud like some of the other signature resturant. The food is great and so is the service. They won't be dissapointed if they choose Artist Point.