DD#4 (Hallie)

Trip Dates:

11/24/10 to 11/29/10

Resort:

All Star Music
Rock Building 4
Room 4638 &4639
Background:

Our Thanksgiving plans were up in the air until the very last minute. We were unsure if we would be able to make the trip down to visit with Courtney. A glitch in the computer system at Ron's work had erased his vacation time for the rest of the year. Therefore, he was scheduled in the days leading up to and immediately following Thanksgiving. I was unsure if I wanted to make the drive with just the girls, given Hallie's young age. Things did not look promising. I debated back and forth and finally decided on making the drive with the girls and Ron would remain at home with DS, Matt who could not get time away from work. I had promised Ashleigh earlier in the year that she could have a few days in Disney since she did not get to make the summer family trip with us, but had a few days when we took Courtney back to school. I had put off making any reservations since everything was still up in the air. Literally one week before we were to arrive and the day I was going to finally make a reservation, Ron's boss came through and his appointments were being handled, and he would just have to work that Saturday. Nothing like coming in under the wire!

Day 1, Wednesday, Nov. 24th

Yes, the busiest travel day of the season, and we are driving 1200 miles or so. Do we need our heads examined? Maybe? We leave home about 1:30 PM and decide to take the "other" route so as to avoid 95 near the DC area. On this other route, we do not hit 95 until we are in South Carolina. Ron enjoys this way, but I find it very boring. We have not breathed a word of this trip to Emily, so she would not be greatly disappointed if we were not able to go. I may have fibbed just a little when she saw the suitcases being packed. Still unsure if the trip would happen, I may have mentioned something about visiting relatives instead. About the same time I noticed the post from Ed, here at INTERCOT about the video of the kids being disapppointed they were going to Disney World instead of visiting relatives. Guilt sinks in! I still have not let on though, hoping she will sleep in the car and not be bouncing with excitement. In all actuality, traffic is not too bad afterall, and we make decent time arriving in Florida. At this point Emily wakes up after a good night's rest, takes one look around and says, "This looks like Florida." "Are we in Florida?" I give in and tell her the truth. I tell her we are on our way to pick up Courtney and then we are off to Disney World. She of course is very excited, unlike the kids from the video, and would much rather be going to Disney, than to visit relatives. Relief, but not shock. Since we are a bit early, we get off 95 and travel down the coast near Kennedy Space Center and through Cocoa Beach, to give Courtney time to get ready. Luckily, when she calls we are only 2 miles away and will be there in a few minutes. Back at her apt., we talk a little with Jason, who has to stay at school over Thanksgiving to finish a project. We all feel bad leaving him alone. At least he had somewhere to eat on Thanksgiving. He was with one of his fraternity brothers and his girlfriends family.

Day 2 Thanksgiving Day

We arrive at All Star Music about 10:30 AM or so. Our room is ready thank goodness. We all shower, except for Courtney and rest up a bit from the trip. The problem with this last minute trip is that we were not able to get an ADR for our Thanksgiving meal on such short notice. So we must set out to see what we could come up with. I know that Lone Star will be open on Thanksgiving, so that is our very last resort. We decide to head out to CBR since we were able to walk into Shutter's last year for our meal. This year however, they are booked solid. That's ok. We weigh our options and decide that hte Thanksgiving meal the food courts will be serving will suit our needs. We decide to remain here at CBR since their food court is so pretty and had much more character than the one at ASMu. It really did not disappoint. For $14.99 we received both white nad dark meat turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce. It was good and very filling. Well worth it. From there we took the next bus we saw.

The bus was for DHS and we were not going into the park. Just wanted to go and get tickets for everyone else. I have my AP. I planned on getting 3 day 1 park passes for Ron, Ashleigh, and Emily. I was going to get Courtney a FL resident 4 day play pass, but unfortunately she forgot to bring an extra proof of residency, since they now require more than just a student ID. I put off purchasing her ticket until I checked to see if we may have any of the accepted proofs with us in the car. Slim chance, but I wanted to be sure. I also stopped at Guest Relations then to purchase the Tables in Wonderland Card. Emily wanted to take the boat from DHS, so we decided to, and then got off at the Yacht Club, and made our way to the bus stop for MK. Here we boarded the monorail and then transferred to the Epcot line, where we disembarked, then took a bus back to our car at CBR and then back to ASmu.

The girls wanted a dip in the pool, but unfortunately I forgot to pack Emily's suit. I told her perhaps I would buy her one the next day. Ashleigh still wanted to go and she persuaded me to go with her. Afterward, with no luck in finding suitable ID for Courtney, I went to concierge to purchase Courtney a pass like everyone else's.

Back at hte room, we are all out early.

divinedi
12-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Shakey start but you made it and a good day after that! Hope the rest of the trip was good. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip.

RedSoxFan
12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
So far so good. And you had a nice meal for Thanksgiving too.:mickey:

faline
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Glad it all came together for you, Heather! You had a wonderful Disney Thanksgiving - even without reservations!

BelleCiavo
12-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Can't wait to read more Heather :mickey:

vizsla
12-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the Report.

Joannelet
12-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the report! :)

DisneyorBust
12-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the report! What a great suprise for your daughter! Looking forward to your next report.

KylesMom
12-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes, the busiest travel day of the season, and we are driving 1200 miles or so. Do we need our heads examined? Heather, I wouldn't expect anything less of you and your family! :thumbsup: Glad your trip down was boring; i.e., uneventful, and that you were able to find something traditional to eat for Thanksgiving dinner.

As always, looking forward to your family's adventures - minus Matt, the poor guy! :mickey:

Suz36
12-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Yay, you made it! Your last minute planning is making me break out in hives, but what fun! Looking forward to hearing about your park time.

pdrlkr
12-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
01-02-2011, 09:39 AM
so glad it all worked out for you guys!
and sounds like a pretty good travel day and what not..:mickey:

princessgirls
01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the report Heather! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving!!

Julie:mickey:

PrettyMinnie
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the report!

:minnie:

January-2007
02-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks for reporting.