PDA

View Full Version : Here now! Live report from the world

luvDaMouse
12-04-2010, 09:02 AM
We arrived about noon on Friday, checked in to akv into a sav view room 5th floor Arusha view ( jambo) it's strange I am always here when it's hot so to have jeans and a t-shirt and a sweatshirt seems " not right" to me :confused:Anyway in the sun it's quite nice. Our room was not ready so we had lunch in Mara then went to animal kingdom and saw th jingle jungle parade. The tree in ak ( the park and the resort) are both huge and beautiful! This is our first time here in December so I am in awe of all the decorations:) got a text that our room is ready, so we head to the gift shop for milk,eggs etc. We head up the room. Yay! Our luggage is ther too. We unpack and put everything away and store the luggage in the closet. ( I like to
have everything put away no living out of a suitcase :)) it's supposed to be cold tonight so we
layer up. I put a long sleeve on under the t-
shirt and fleece and scarf and pack some gloves.
Went to epcot it'ts chilly out had dinner ADR at via napoli dh and I had inv pizza's SO GOOD! Dh had tiramisu and I had zeppolis for dessert also SO GOOD :thumbsup: I bought TIW card, so my bill after discount was 63$ It's about 54 degrees out when we got out of dinner (:freeze::freeze::
So we are in search of hats we stop in mouse gear and are going to get the cute MM Santa hats but Disney seems to discriminate against the "large" headed as they will not fit on dh,s
head:secret: , so with no hats purchased ( we will look in dtd later) we head back to the resort.
Up tomorrow, dtd ( in search of at "round head" hat and MK!
Thanks for reading
:mickey: Dana

Stu29573
12-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Very cool! This was our fist holiday trip too, and yes the decorations are well worth it! Looking forward to the next report!

SBETigg
12-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I love live reports! Sounds like a great start- though the cold would be surprising for me at WDW too. I always go when it's warm. But the holidays are so festive there! We enjoyed Via Napoli, too. Have a great time and I look forward to more reports.

pdrlkr
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Brrr! Even with the chilly weather, you still had a fun start to your trip! Good luck finding the hat size you're looking for!

Melanie
12-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Great live report!! Hope you can check in some more during your stay. :santa:

forever a child
12-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the LIVE report. Love it! We are headed there week from today and it will be our first Dec visit. I was just thinking today how strange it will be to be in WDW wearing jackets and we are headed out tomorrow to buy hats and gloves! :winter:Weird! I was really hoping for shorts weather...but oh well...good excuse for hot chocolate!!!! Have fun and keep the reports coming if you find the time!

2MuchWDFun
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the live reports-sounds like you had a chilly but fun first day. Looking forward to your next report!:mickey:

Suz36
12-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to share a report with us! Hope the rest of your time is as magical as the start has been!

vizsla
12-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the report.