PDA

View Full Version : garden grocer and tiw or just tiw

jonahbear2006
12-04-2010, 02:22 AM
We are working on two different strategies to do here. We are staying in a 2bdrm villa at saratoga springs. We are toying with the idea of using the kitchen and ordering groceries from garden grocer but I played with their website for a bit tonight and what seemed like 4-5 days worth the groceries for us 9 people was already up to $500. We are there for 9 nights. This is in conjunction with using a Tables in wonderland card for 1 table service a day. If it costs $1200.00 for us to eat one meal a day for 9 days ($217 tips)and it costs $2400.00 for us to eat 2 table services a day. Tip comes out to be about $434.00 with 2 ts a day. Groceries look like they might be about $800 if we lean on them for the entire trip, with the exception of the one table service. Is it worth saving the $600 difference if that means having to return to the room for lunch everyday? I know $600 bucks is a pretty penny to say but we arent next to a park so thats 2 hrs in travel time lost by eating lunch in the room everyday and toting around 5 kids when we couldve just eaten where we were standing. Who has done this and had a good outcome to share with me? Can someone give me an example of how much they spent on groceries for a similar size group or period of time? It makes me nervous to order food and then end up eating out anyways and the food in the room going to waste. How well does this work?

cajundisneyfreak
12-04-2010, 02:27 PM
If you are not going to be spending alot of time in your room then I wouldn't get the groceries.My sister went to the nearest Wal-Mart and bought sandwich meat,snacks,and drinks.We were on the dining plan and staying at All Star Music.We were in our room basically just to shower and sleep.Needless to say we had alot of food left over.We flew to Disney so it's not like we could take it with us.So we asked the maid if they wanted it and they said yes.They were grateful and problem solved.Hope this helps.:mickey: