PDA

View Full Version : Our First Holiday Trip Part Five

Stu29573
12-03-2010, 02:51 PM
11-21

Today was our first of two at the Animal Kingdom. Although it is one of my wife’s favorite parks, I’m not so sold on it. In fact, I have never really thought it deserved two days before. However, since she likes it so much (and since she loves to linger on the trails and look at the animals) we scheduled two days for it.

As it turns out, that was a great idea! I wasn’t nearly as stressed about “wasting time” looking at the scenery. When you slow down, it turns out it is really a neat park! We did all of the “trails” and the safari. We also caught the Festival of the Lion King for the first time. On the last trip we saw Nemo, and in my opinion Festival is the better show. We really enjoyed it. We took in Dinoland and I rode Dinosaur while she waited at the exit (she has back issues and it was only a five minute wait). We even rode Triceratops Spin just for a laugh!

We had ADR’s at Le Cellier for 8:00, so we caught the bus over to Epcot and headed straight to Canada. We had never eaten there before, but I had heard good things about it. It was wonderful! I had the Filet with cream cheese potatoes, and my wife had walnut salmon. The service was great and the food was fantastic. I was a little surprised at how small the place actually is. Although there are mirrors that make it look larger, I can see how they would fill up very quickly. Some people have said that they felt crowded, but the tables were plenty far enough apart, IMO.

After that we waddled to the bus and back to the resort again. All in all another great day. The next day would be devoted to Animal Kingdom again!

2MuchWDFun
12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Love it! What a great day at AK...it is a favorite of our family. The details are what set this park apart from any other zoo. A great mix of rides and shows! Love that you went on Triceratops Spin.

We have ADR's at Le Cellier for dinner on our AK day, too. Glad you enjoyed your meal--the filet is delicious.
Looking forward to reading your next report!

faline
12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Guess your wife knew something about Animal Kingdom....Glad you enjoyed your day there!

Stu29573
12-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Love that you went on Triceratops Spin.

Yeah, we sat in the back seat and asked the kid up front if he liked to go up or down. He said he liked to do both..a lot! So I spent the whole ride going up and down as fast as I could make it go (which isn't very). By the end of it we were all laughing like we had been on the greatest ride ever!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

RedSoxFan
12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
A nice day. I like AK too. :mickey:

KylesMom
12-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm happy that your wife talked you into the two days at AK - it truly is a unique park when you can take your time & explore all the hidden nooks & crannies. Isn't Festival of the Lion King delightful?

Glad you enjoyed LeCellier - it's among our favorites! :mickey:

Suz36
12-11-2010, 11:43 AM
AK is definitely a park to slow down in and enjoy all the details - it's really beautiful! Triceratop Spin sounded fun! And I'm sensing waddling is becoming your favorite evening pace! They do feed you well at Disney, don't they?