PDA

View Full Version : Do I add DDP or not? PLEASE HELP! MUST DECIDE NOW!

forever a child
12-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Ok, I have to decide NOW what I want to do. We have a 40% discount Room Only reservation for 6 nights at the CBR. We arrive next Sunday, Dec 12th!:santa3:

I have to decide if I want to add the DDP onto our room. I have been assured (many times) that I will get to keep my 40% discount...so I would just be adding on the 6 day tickets and the DDP costs. I can add the DDP and tickets up to 3 days before our trip...so I need to decide now what to do! It will be for 2 adults (myself and DD16).

DD is a HUGE eater since she is a swimmer she eats many times a day...much more like a football playing teenage boy (sorry J but it's true!)

We have the following Ressies:
LeCellier Dinner Sun night
1900 Park Fare Breakfast Monday
Boma Dinner Tues
Akershus Dinner Wend
Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner Thur
Hollywood & Vine Dinner (may change...don't know)

We also want to try Pepper Market at CSR and I understand it is expensive even though it is a CS.

The DDP would run us $504. Should I do it? We have never used it before. It seems like it is a no brainer and worth it with all of the sit down meals we have and the fact that my DD is a big eater. I have always paid out of pocket which has allowed us more flexibility to change plans. But this trip all of these places (with the exception of H&V) are new to us.

Any advise? I should mention we don't generally eat appetizers and I don't drink Alcoholic beverages and we love chocolate...so taking a desert will be fine by me!:cloud9: :blush: :secret:

disney_daddy
12-03-2010, 11:45 AM
If you would share meals I'd say no, not to do it, but where I see you are eating , if it was me, I'd say yes, because all those places are on the dining plan. You'll get to eat at those places and also get to eat a counter service and a snack each day.

Disney Hungarian
12-03-2010, 11:59 AM
$504 divided by 6= $84. Will you spend more than $84 a day on lunch and dinner? If you will spend more than that, get the DDP. If you typically do not spend that much for lunch and dinner then the OOP would be better.

forever a child
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
$504 divided by 6= $84. Will you spend more than $84 a day on lunch and dinner? If you will spend more than that, get the DDP. If you typically do not spend that much for lunch and dinner then the OOP would be better.

I actually would count it as 7 days...because we will eat our first meal as a sit down the evening we arrive and we will eat our CS meal/lunch at Pepper Market before we leave in Saturday (day 7)...but that is a great point.

I just added up our most likely dinner choices and it looks like DDP will either break even or save us $. DD has informed me that no food sharing will occur...but she only means I can't eat off her plate as I assume she has no problem eating off mine, LOL

ElenitaB
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Seeing that you mainly have dinner reservations, I would say that it may be worth your while to add the dining plan. You haven't indicated just how many people are in your family and the adult/child breakdown, but running a rough estimate per person, your reserved meals would run approximately $205 per adult. Keep in mind that this doesn't include the daily snack allocation (figure $3.00 per person per day) and Counter Service meal (approximately $14.50 per adult per day).

Another factor that affects my decision is the peace of mind of knowing that I don't have to pull out the wallet for every meal and that it all has been paid for already.

Have a magical vacation!

forever a child
12-03-2010, 12:13 PM
It is just the two of us...myself and DD age 16.
I think we are going to go for it and Add it...just wanted to make sure I was thinking correctly in doing this! We have never used DDP and I am a bit excited and nervous about it! LOL:blush:

Ms. Mode
12-03-2010, 01:35 PM
We love the DDP because we KNOW that our meals are paid for in advance of the trip. Also, I have saved receipts in the past and it has been a huge savings for us...of course we like to eat. :blush:

MizMissy
12-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Another added factor - if you LOVE dessert, but may hesitate to order it - guilt over calories, too full, feel like it might be wasteful - if you are on the DDP - dessert is included, so then you HAVE to order it, and get it enjoy "just a taste" - guilt free (well, almost :blush:).

Have a great trip!

gerald72
12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Don't forget with the dining plan, you also get a snack for each person every day.

MagicalGuest
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
The average meal per adult at the restaurants you've reserved is about $30, plus drinks and dessert if you decide to order it. With the DDP, you also get CS lunch and a snack, which could be applied toward your breakfast.

As others have said, it's really a personal choice based on how much you'll eat. We also love to eat at WDW, so for us it's worth it. You may also find the same. Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip!

Gator
12-03-2010, 04:28 PM
If you have a swimmer in the house, go with the DDP. That way she can order the biggest thing on the menu without worry of the price. Plus, with a snack each day, you can fill that chocolate craving with a Mickey Ice Cream Bar.

Also, if you're going to the CSR Pepper Market (one of my favs), get the DDP. It's like getting a table service meal for the price of a counter service credit.

Not to mention, on my honeymoon, me and my wife spent over $500 on food in just 6 days, and that was eating at cheap place - and 8 years ago too. Do the DDP. You'll be happy you did.

forever a child
12-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your input! I am adding it on!

If you have a swimmer in the house, go with the DDP. That way she can order the biggest thing on the menu without worry of the price. Plus, with a snack each day, you can fill that chocolate craving with a Mickey Ice Cream Bar.

Also, if you're going to the CSR Pepper Market (one of my favs), get the DDP. It's like getting a table service meal for the price of a counter service credit.

Gator, that's what I was thinking...swimmers eat a lot! We will probably be eating lunch at PM twice...so I think that adds to the value and I won't have to pay the 10% gratuity at PM either since it is covered in the plan.

We can't wait to try out all of these new (to us) places. I am going to try to switch our H&V to Prime Time Cafe too...so we'll see.!

forever a child
12-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney CM...she was really great. Kept my 40% off discount for my room and added the tickets and DDP! :eat: I have had my ADR's set so we are good to go! Just gotta get my oil changed in the car...laundry done and packed! Can't wait!. Thanks everyone...I'll report what I think of DDP once we return. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
For our family, the dining plan is a good value...looking at your restaurants I would say add it