PDA

View Full Version : Our First Holiday Trip Part Four

Stu29573
12-02-2010, 03:01 PM
11-20

We got up not quite as bright and early as I wanted. Being at Epcot until 12:00 a.m. the night before had done us in! Still, the crowds were supposed to be light at DHS, so I really didn’t care that much. We hopped on the bus and started over.

When we got there I noticed that the park was decorated up for Christmas like the others. For some reason I liked the decorations here a little more than at Epcot, but I couldn’t tell you why. They just seemed more “fun.” We went in and started milling around. That was when I noticed that the crowds were really much heavier than I had expected! I decided to rush over to TSM to get fastpasses before we did anything else. Unfortunately, they were all gone already! Oh well, that’s something we can do next time… We did it last time we were there anyway.

Highlights of the day included doing the drawing class (we drew Pooh), seeing the Indiana Jones show (my wife had never seen it), and eating a snack of spinach dip and shakes at the Sci-Fi. We aren’t thrill junkies so we pretty much avoided ToT and RnR, but that gave us plenty of time do other things. The additions to One Man’s Dream were neat, but much of it was the same as the last time we were there. The Muppets are always fun!

About dark, we went over to the Streets of America for the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. It was pretty crowded, but not too bad. We stood right by the giant switch when it was turned on. It was fantastic! The only down side was the fact that about a quarter of the lights failed to light right away. Still, there must have been some engineer CM’s working like crazy and before long they were all up and running. It was fun looking at all the lights and talking with the other guests, who all seemed to be in a holiday spirit. All in all, a very fun time!

At 7:25 we had ADR’s at the Prime Time, so we scooted over there. My wife had never been there and the first thing she said when she went in is “I CAN NOT eat here!” She was kidding, of course. She said that the décor hit really close to home (literally), and brought back memories of all the tacky 50’s and 60’s styles from her youth! She actually loved it, and our server, Patty, was a riot. She knew how to “pick on us” just enough to make it fun, but not so much that it became uncomfortable, By the way, totally rockin’ fried chicken!

When we were finished, the park was closed. We waddled out (did I mention that the portions were huge?) and back to our resort. Another wonderful day! Tomorrow, Animal Kingdom!

Joannelet
12-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Great Report!!
I love the Osborne lights. :) Glad you enjoyed it and that all the lights came on!

KylesMom
12-02-2010, 03:30 PM
You know what? I'd much rather get a little bit of extra rest & be ready for the day (even the late start) versus dragging the whole time. Sorry that you missed TSM, though!

Another fun one - glad you enjoyed so many things at the Studios today! :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Those Toy Story Mania fast passes certainly do go, well, "FAST"! Sorry you missed it but as you said, it'll be on your to-do list for the next time and you really needed to get some sleep after your late night!

Those Osborne Lights are fantastic! Wish I could have seen them this year!

RedSoxFan
12-05-2010, 08:55 AM
A very nice day. I love the Osborne Lights. DHS is one of my fav parks!!:mickey:

Suz36
12-11-2010, 11:39 AM
We're really looking forward to our dinner at Prime Time - glad you gave it such a good review! The Osborne Lights are amazing, aren't they?